Final.

Deviation.

''So. What are you going to do about Kim Jongin? The Old man has completely washed his hands off of him and expects you to put him back into shape,'' the Vice President Kim Minseok says, leafing through the sheaf of students' complaints for the day. The Friday evening was setling down in an array of mauve and grey, the sweet sounds of birds chirping filtering soothingly through the air as the clock ticks its way to six o'clock, but the President and Vice-President had work to complete. Inside the Student Council room, Oh Sehun removes his thick black rectangular framed glasses and massages his brows, the mere mention of that delinquents name bringing forth a headache. It was true that the Old man, or rather, their principal had given up on the boy and as the representative of the student body, Sehun had to try and mould Jongin into the perfect student. 

In truth, the Old man had wanted to expel Jongin at one point, but for some unknown reason, even to Sehun, he had spoken on behalf of the boy and now was expected to take care of what he apparently also took responsibility for. Now he wished he never did speak up. But this was all before he became the president of the Student Council.

Kim Jongin had always been the quiet, sullen kid at the back of the class, minding his own business. Jongin and Sehun had shared the same Kindergarden, Elementary school and now High School, but their interractions had only begun in High School. They'd never really taken any notice of each other till then, Sehun not really liking the thought of his routine-like life having any dents or anything out of line, and Jongin didn't favour himself with the nerdy boy, hanging out with what Sehun called the 'troublesome kids'. Surprisingly, while these other troublesome kids had dropped out of high school, Jongin had continied to come, despite his failing grades and near to none attendance.

Again this was strange, because Sehun remembered Jongin being one of the brightest kids in class back then, but things seemed to have changed. Jongin had changed, to the worst, Sehun thinks to himself when he one day finds Jongin skipping class and sleeping on a bench.

Sehun and Jongin barely looked at each other before. They lived their own separate worlds. When Jongin entered high school and grew popular among girls, it came as a surprise to Sehun. Jongin practically bloomed into a handsome young man, with a reputation. Not one of a playboy, you know sleeping around, and partying till sundown, but of a mysterious one, who broke rules with no hesitance, and came to school the next day with bruises that rumor decided were from gang fights. Jongin didn't bother stopping these rumors and soon, almost all the students came to believe that Jongin was indeed a gangster. His rumpled unironed shirts and messy long black hair only helped make the situation more acceptable.

''Nonsense. Him? A gangster? Puhlease'' Sehun had scoffed when the rumors had reached him. ''Like Telly Pratchett says, A lie can run around the world before the truth has got its boots on'' he had said, index finger in the air, before Jongin had passed him and his group of friends, bumping his shoulder into Sehun's violently and disappearing before Sehun could fully comprehend the situation.

Their relationship, one based on tension, anger and frustration had only begun its story after Sehun won the election for Student Council president. Ever since the first day, Jongin had not failed to make his job as president twice as hard.

Today had been a rough day for Sehun. And all because of that certain delinquent. He had been surprised to see Jongin in class sitting at his destined seat at the back, reading. He had walked over to Jongin who was reading his book in a manner that made it seem as though whatever he was reading was boring but he was merely reading to while the time away.

''Kim Jongin.'' Sehun had called out in a sharp tone. Said boy looks up slowly and eyes Sehun with disinterest. ''Mr Pres.'' he greets curtly.

It was always a source of entertainment to the students whenever Sehun pulled up Jongin. It was one of the only occasions in which Jongin ever spoke or had any reactions whatsoever.

Sehun narrows his eyes at the book in Jongin's hand and raises his brows in surprise. It was one of his own favorites, To kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, and he is taken aback that Jongin of all people are reading it.

''Are you here to see for yourself whether I'm actually reading or is my hair too long?'' asks Jongin running a hand through his messy longish hair, and Sehun bites his lip, not in the least liking the mocking undertone in Jongin's voice. One of the many things Sehun disliked was being the victim of scorn and this had always been the case ever since he had begun attempting to put Jongin in place. 

''While your comment about your hair is accurate, and I do remember asking you to cut it, I only came to tell you to tuck in your shirt and straighten your tie. Due respect has to be given to the school uniform don't you think Mr Kim?'' spits Sehun with one of his most dangerous glares, that would've intimidated any other student, but Jongin squints as if in deep thought then shrugs.

''Not gonna agree with you on that Mr President. I like my hair like this. Now skip away and do your police duty. There are worser things happening in this school, right under you and your watchdogs noses that you aren't aware of'' Jongin waves his hand dismissively and Sehun has to close his eyes and count to ten in order to prevent himself from punching the boy. He would. Oh he would love to, but being the president had its perks but also its unfavorable points and one of them was to be on your best behaviour at all times. I must be a role model, happened to be his favorite quote whenever dealing with Jongin.

Instead of resorting to violence, Sehun grabs Jongin's book and s it at another student, then slams his hands on either side of Jongin and leans down so that their faces are mere inches apart. ''Mr Kim.'' he begins in a low, dangerous voice, eyes glinting threateningly behind his glasses. '' Are you aware that I have the power in me to prevent you from graduating next year if you keep this up? That I can make sure that your student record, already one that's depressingly disgusting can be tarnished forever, which would in turn prevent you from being employed anywhere?''

Jongin's face remains impassive. He rests his cheek on his palm and gazes up at Sehun with a tilt of his head. ''Oh I'm very aware of that.''

Sehun inches back slightly when Jongin suddenly leans towards him, a playful glint in his eye. ''But will you do that? Will you live with the knowledge that you destroyed a students life Mr Pres? I know you well. You're all words but no work'' he whispers jolting Sehun when he brushes his lips against his cheek in a soft caress. 

The students in the class remain still with wide eyes at Jongin's actions, almost breathless with anticipation though they could hear nothing of the whispered exchange between the two boys. No one would dare disobey the president, and here was Jongin doing just that, even crossing his own limits.

''Kim Jongin!'' Sehun almost screams whirling back, a hand against his flushed, assaulted cheek. Jongin nods at him slightly wearing that damned smirk and holds his hand out to the student who was holding his book against his chest. He was given the novel with no hesitance. ''Like I said. All pretty words, but no work..'' he chuckles and the sudden desire to prove him wrong overtakes Sehun. ''Take this.'' Jongin almost coos twirling a pair of scissors between his long fingers. ''...and shorten my hair. Then I'll at least make an attempt to believe you.''

Sehun feels his mind shut down, and along with it, his rationality. All he could see before him was a taunting smirk, scornful eyes with the words 'You can't do it' swirling around Jongin's head. And all his frustration and dislike towards the boy becomes clearer than water in his mind. ''Fine'' he hisses. It's almost in a hazy state that he grabs the pair of scissors and stands behind the  school delinquent.

There's a short moment in which he hesitates, lets his fingers brush the silky black strands and then Jongin's speaking again. ''Are you giving me a massage or cutting my hair? Don't you want to? You've always scowled at me when you see my hair. You're the president. This is your domain. You can do whatever you want with my hair. Don't you want to cut it off yourself?''

Sehun stares at the inviting black strands of hair, and snap. The first strand falls. A horrified silence hangs over the classroom.

''Oh Sehun?!''

''..'' he swears glancing up to be met with the sight of his angry principal. ''Sir...'' he stutters, the scissors dropping from his hands. When did he come in?! thinks Sehun.

''What could I do to stop him? Afterall he's the president of the school while I'm just a simple student..'' Jongin says softly, almost sadly and Sehun smacks himself for letting his emotions rule. Perhaps this was Jongin's plan all along. ''I can explain.'' he says straightening and attempting to look calm though in reality he was fainting and curling into a ball inside.

''There's nothing to explain Sehun. I am very disappointed in you. As the president, you are not allowed to abuse your power.'' the Old man says sternly.

Sehun feels the tears stinging his eyes but then Jongin's turning to look at him, to probably catch the sight of the first drops fall, and he wills his tears to stop.

''Come'' the principal had said and he had followed after the man, head held high, as students watched him, some with judgemental stares, others in surprise, to receive the worst lecture he had ever received in his insignificant 17 years of existence.

Back to the present.

Sehun groans audibly, this day having been the first to put a blackmark to his perfect reputation.

''He's such an Minseok, I don't want to have anything to do with him'' he mutters shaking his head. Minseok smiles to himself but keeps his mouth shut. 

''He's just jealous because I'm the president, and he wants to ruin me.That's probably why he asked me to cut his hair! And why couldn't the Old man just send someone asking me to come meet him? Why'd he come to class?'' he groans, burying his face in his palms. 

''But will you just sit back and watch him having his way? I know you. You wouldn't want to give him that satisfaction no''

''Hmph. True that. Seems like everyone knows me all of a sudden..'' grumbles Sehun with a roll of his eyes. ''I won't let Jongin win'' he says cracking his knuckles and whimpering when one particular bone cracks painfully.

*

Sehun's weekend comprised of getting up early, studying, doing his homework, having breakfast and then he'd relax in the verandah. ''Oh god'' he's roll his eyes, when Jongin makes his way down the lane. He had no idea where the boy lived but he'd see him, every saturday morning. 

So, to erase that ugly picture out of his mind, he does what most teenagers hated doing. At least not as a method of relaxing the mind. He'd study. Enough said.

So till lunch he studies, then does all his responsibilities as president, then it's back to studying till dinner, then studying and reading a book till he fell asleep.

''You study too much'' his mother had complained once, a highly unlikely thing for a mother to say, but it was the truth.

''Nonsense'' Sehun had scoffed squinting and adjusting his glasses as he studied the next lessons of their books and made shortnotes. ''Disgusting.. ''Mr Oh would say giving his wife an accusatory glare because he was never a studious man. ''But I wasn't a nerd like him either'' Mrs Oh would say in protest, but who'd believe her? Not when her honorary doctorate certificate smiled down at anyone who'd walk into the living room from its position on the wall.

Unlike his mother,whose interest lay in medicine,  Sehun was interested in law, and with this goal in mind, he made sure to study hard and keep his position as the top student of his class. ''One day I will be a successful lawyer'' he had vowed before his committee members with fire in his eyes, and they had merely rolled their eyes and sighed in exasperation at their president, who looked very smug after this promise.

*

Monday rolls around as if the weekend were never there.

Monday also meant that the student council members had to keep a lookout to catch any student who was breaking any rules, that is, their physical tidiness and the checking of schoolbags. Somehow after the two day public holiday, a number of strange things would be found in school bags.

''Alright.'' Sehun nods to the security as the bell tolls to signal the start of the school day. He walks a few paces away from the gate. It's only him now, making a couple of notes in his diary. Slowly the gates begin closing and Sehun turns around and watches it for a second or two before turning his back to the gates.

Loud panting and a grunt later, he yelps when a body collides with his back, pushing him face first into the asphalt. 

''What in the--Kim Jongin!'' Sehun yells turning himself onto his back and raising a hand to shield his eyes from the bright sunlight. Jongin was standing above him, watching him in amusement, clutching the strap of his backpack. 

Unruly hair. Check. Untidy uniform. Check. Untied shoes. Check. Smirk. Check.

Oh, Sehun was on the path to his boiling point. There before him stood the epitome of what he hated about any student.

''Jongin. I am reaching my limit.'' Sehun says calmly sitting up and adjusting his glasses. No. He will not give the delinquent the satisfaction of his wrath. ''Why do you defy me?'' he asks rhetorically.

Sehun is about to get up and give Jongin the lecture of his life when the boy pushes him back onto his bum and even before he can react, straddles his hips.

''What are you doing Jongin?! Get off of me this instant'' Sehun exclaims in horror at the position they were in. What if someone were to see them? What would they think of him?!

Jongin smiles serenely and leans into the paler boy, hovering over him. ''I like how you say my name.'' he murmurs, dark eyes falling onto Sehun's lips.  

The paler stares in bewilderment at Jongin for a while but forces out his threat anyway.''And I'll love to see you in detention. Now get off'' he snaps, trying in vain to push his assailer off of him, but Jongin shocks him for a second time when he leans down and presses his lips against Sehun's in a soft chaste kiss that leaves Sehun horrified, shocked and speechless. 

''See ya'' Jongin says with a mock salute after he stands up and saunters off with his hands in his pockets. 

For a second the president blacks out, spread there on the asphalt but awakens to Minseok's worried eyes as he sprinkles water onto Sehun's face. 

''What happened? The stress got to you?'' asks Minseok, helping Sehun get up.

The horrified expression was still plastered on Sehun's face as he reaches out blindly and clamps a hand over Miseok's shoulder. ''I need you to go buy me the stongest mouthwash available. Make sure to also buy some bubble tea to wash it out. If I have died when you come back, cleanse my body with acid...'' he murmurs faintly. The vice president who's used to Sehun's dramatic tendencies agrees to do so, and repeats his earlier question.

''Minseok. I was kissed by a boy.. A savage boy..'' Sehun trails off and the doe eyed boy's eyes widen, before a small smirk tilts his lips. He doesn't need to ask to know who the savage boy was but does so anyway when Sehun gives him a 'Why you no ask me who it was?' look. He listens to the colourful abuse hurled at Jongin by Sehun as he assists the frail boy to his class, though his smirk only widens. Finally. Progress. Minseok thinks to himself.

*

Sehun avoids Jongin at all costs. Who knew what that ruffian would do to him next. Not that there was much avoiding to do since Jongin was a rare sight on school premises anyway.

''His next move will be to me. Mark my words.'' he tells Minseok as they have lunch in the noisy cafeteria. ''It was just a kiss Sehun. How will that be upgraded to next?'' Minseok argues but Sehun was positive of his hypothesis.

 ''The kiss was a sign for the that is to come. A warning one might say. I know these things Minseok. You are too young and naiive to know the erted mind of man'' he says  pushing his glasses up his nose and glaring at everyone. ''Of course of course'' Minseok says sarcastically.

''I have to meet the Old man. If I do not return, please make sure to hand in my reports for next weeks biology and geography classes. I stayed up all night to complete them'' he says getting up and giving Minseok a meaningful glance. '' Firstly, I am still trying to digest the fact that you completed the reports due for next week. And secondly how did get transferred to murder?'' Minseok asks as the president picks up his backpack. ''Yes. Well, it is very natural is it not? After he attempt me, he will fail. In his anger, he will most definitely kill me. So long Kim Minseok. You have been a very dependable man..'' he whispers and stalks away with determination in his step. 

''Oh boy'' Minseok sighs shaking his head. ''He sure has a very wild imagination..'' he chuckles as he watches the president speaking strictly to a girl whose skirt was too short. She sighs and nods, taking the seam ripper Sehun hands over to her. The pale boy waits patiently till the girl completes unpicking the hem of her skirt, then plucked the small instrument out of her hand, gives her a once over and  hurries away.

''You really are something..'' Minseok sighs again.

 

Sehun nods to students he meets in the hallways politely as they bow to him respectfully as he passes by. He was headed towards the basketball court, to check into a complaint by the captain about the hoop being tampered with.  

''Yifan. Are you sure you're not doing something to it unintentinally?'' he had asked skeptically when the tall captain had paid him a visit with this complaint.  ''Or maybe it's just that you're aiming wrong. Or perhaps it's your inability to shoot correctly. Your incompetence at the sport cannot be blamed on the hoop'', he had said impatiently.

 The offended and shocked Yifan hadn't spoken to him since.

Even before Sehun enters the court, he hears the squeaking of shoes and the bouncing of balls. Sehun checks his watch and his face turns sour because this was the sixth period. To his knowledge, he was the only student who had this period free because he was the only one taking a special class, of which the teacher was absent. The basketball team on the other hand were known to skip class and practice instead.

With a scowl settled on his face, Sehun enters the court with a determination to tell Yifan that him and his hoop could go to the dogs.

''Wu Yifan! Tell me this--- You're not Yifan..'' he stops abruptly at the lone figure dunking a basket. I need to get new lenses.. Sehun thinks making a mental note to himself when the figure seemed blurred from afar. ''Who are you?'' he calls out, hands on hips.

The figure turns and saunters towards Sehun in a leisurely pace. Sehun's exaggerated gasp richochets off the walls and he steps back as Jongin comes to view.

It is what i have been avoiding, he thinks to himself, face settling into a grimace at the boy.

Jongin stops before him and tuts loudly. ''Shame. How can you not recognize me?'' he asks in mock hurt. Sehun stares at the male, who's skin is glistening with a sheen of sweat, sleeveless vest hanging loosely off a toned chest and developing muscles. ''I can take it off if you want a better look. Or if you want to touch'' Jongin's amused voice cuts him from his thoughts.

''No! What are you doing Kim Jongin?! And wait... Is it my glasses or...'' Sehun gasps again horrified,pushing his glasses up his nose just to be sure. ''Is your hair...blonde?!'' he yells pointing at Jongin, who runs his fingers through his newly dyed, short hair with a smirk. ''You like it?'' he asks taking a step towards Sehun who involuntarily takes one back.

''Like it?! Are you crazy? You aren't allowed to dye your hair Jongin! I will have to report this to the principal who'll probably have you suspended till you remove it!''

''Not happening. I paid good money to get it done. Besides, after you cut my hair I got a proper haircut and the dying just happened. Don't you think I deserve to do at least this after you cut my hair and I obeyed your orders of shortening it?'' 

''What?! Do not put the blame on me Jongin. You got your hair dyed because you had to get a haircut. But you didn't stop there. Because just having it cut means you listened to me! So dying it only brought things back to square one. Except that dying your hair is more offensive than wearing it long!''

Jongin hums in response, that damned smirk in place. ''It makes me so ecstatic that you seem to be getting to know me'' he says with a smile that Sehun wants to punch off his face.

''Jongin. You will have to dye your hair back to--''

He's cut off when Jongin winds an arms around his waist and pulls him against his chest. ''You need to learn to shut up'' he mutters before kissing Sehun. 

Sehun is frozen, undeniably flustered when Jongin pulls back, this kiss longer than their first, causing a part of him to wither and die within. 

''See. You're much cuter when you don't speak.And these red cheeks. Are you embarassed?'' Jongin asks quietly as he runs his thumb over Sehun's spit glossed bottom lip, shifting him closer so that their chests are pressed together tightly. Sehun takes a good look at the boy before him and a sudden thought strikes him. Jongin was very handsome. How come I didn't see that before? Perhaps it was the long hair.

Jongin was leaning towards Sehun again. ''I would love to rip your clothes off and have you scream my name till your throat turns raw'' Jongin growls, biting Sehun's nose, the sharp pain instigating Sehun to take action.

''GET YOUR FILTHY LIMBS OFF OF ME!'' Sehun screams and pushes Jongin away roughly, in an attempt to flee, but before he can, Jongin tackles him to the ground, so that he's hovering over him, very much like the first time.

''I will get you expelled you filthy jerk'' Sehun struggles and Jongin watches the boys vain attempts with a smirk.

''You know, you were right. I only dyed my hair to piss you off'' he says suddenly and Sehun stops struggling. ''All that just to piss me off? Well congrats. You succeed'' he spits out venomously, glaring up at Jongin. ''And I think I look hotter''  adds Jongin, holding Sehun down by the wrists.

''You are not hot. Now get off me so that I can get you your suspension''

''Okay'' Jongin shrugs and gets off of a surprised Sehun.

''What?'' asks Jongin as Sehun stares at him suspiciously. ''You're just gonna ... let me go?'' he asks standing up slowly. ''Well yeah. That's the plan'' Jongin replies.

''Hmm.. strange...''

''Unless, you want me to do this..'' Jongin says and presses his lips against Sehun's for their third kiss, this time going even as far and in Sehun's bottom lip between his. But Sehun was prepared. It was with a glint in his eye that he knees Jongin in the crotch and speed walks out of the court, relishing in the pained gasp the other emits.

*

''It is a plan to stop me nagging is it not? It is his way of telling me that he cannot be stopped, do you not agree?'' says Sehun rapidly on a Wednesday morning Student Council meeting. He gets a couple of disgusted looks from s at his nerdy language but Sehun wasn't paying attention to them. He had other issues to worry about. 

'' So this Jongin kisses you. So what?'' asks the treasurer Yixing slowly.

''Yixing! Do you live with your eyes closed? I cannot have my DNA mixed with that delinquents.. Oh my god... what if he has some disease that transmits through saliva that is yet to be discovered by mankind?!'' he asks cupping his cheeks in horror.

Kyungsoo a brow. ''Well then we'll find out soon enough won't we? You may be booksmart, but very stupid otherwise.''

If Sehun was paying attention and heard this, Kyungsoo would've been asked to leave the meeting, but as it was, Sehun was deep in thought and the matter remains unresolved even at the end of the meeting.

Sehun enters his last class for the day, scanning the classroom and heaving a sigh of relief when he sees no Jongin at the back of the class. He sits in his spot in the corner of the second row and pulls out his books, gaining a few admiring glances from some of his fellow students at the colourful sticky notes on his books, on which he had dedicatingly made notes. 

I love this lesson, Sehun thinks flipping his book open with a wide smile to the next chapter they were to study today, one that he had already studied the night before. Soon the teacher comes and lessons resume, with Sehun basking in the praise showered on him by the teacher. Half an hour into the lesson, the door swings open revealing a yawning Jongin.

''What a lovely surprise. Since we only have 30 minutes left till the end of class, I wonder why you even bothered to turn up,'' their teacher Miss Kim says shooting Jongin a not so nice look. Jongin shrugs in reply, grunting out an ''Attendance'' and makes his way to the back of the class, but Miss Kim has other ideas.

''Sit beside Sehun and copy down the notes. Sehun, I'd appreciate it if you could revise this lesson with Jongin. It's very important and might come for this terms exam.'' she says and Sehun is conflicted. Of course he wanted to refuse. But helping a weak student could also look good on his CV and as the president, it was something that would only be natural for him to agree to.

''Of course'' the boy answers automatically, and Jongin chuckles as he slips into the seat beside him, almost as if he could read Sehun's thoughts.

''I don't need any pity help'' he whispers but Sehun keeps his eyes on the board, ignoring the boy completely. A few minutes later, they are given some exercises as Miss Kim leaves to a teachers meeting and Sehun is left with no choice but to turn to Jongin. Who was nodding off. With a sigh, Sehun smacks his shoulder and gets his attention.

''I won't repeat myself so listen carefully.'' he says, crossing his arms and glaring at Jongin. ''Go on'' Jongin yawns. 

''I could use your books. What do you expect me to teach you with? Magic?''

''Or you could use your books.'' Jongin replies sarcastically.

''Where are your books Kim Jongin?''

''I don't bring any'' shrugs Jongin boredly, tapping his fingers on the table.

Sehun sighs in frustration and rubs his temples. ''Fine. Look here'' he snaps at Jongin and slams his book down between them.

''Nah. I'm not interested. Your book is like a ing rainbow''

''Jongin. You have to!''

''I don't have to do anything I don't want to'' the boy replies and the seething Sehun hisses out a low ''Fine.'' and starts on the work given.

The crinkling of polythene catches his attention and Sehun snaps his head at Jongin, mouth opening in a tiny o as Jongin pops a wad of chewing gum into his mouth.

''Jongin! You are not supposed to be chewing gum during school hours. Spit it out'' he commands sharply, turning his body to face the tanned boy, who blew a large bubble and popped it obnoxiously.

''Spit. It.Out. Now'' demands Sehun, eyes glinting in anger.

''Nope. I don't want to''

''Okay then.'' Sehun inhales deeply but whatever he's about to do next is quickly stopped by Jongin.

The class gasps in shock when Jongin leans towards Sehun and plants a lingering kiss on the corner of his lips.

As usual, Sehun sits paralyzed before his senses revive and he smacks Jongin over and over with his thick text book. ''You ert, you ert, you filthy ert! I know what you're planning but it won't work! If you think kissing me will stop me from pulling you up you are dead wrong!''

Jongin throws his head back and laughs, eyes crinkling in mirth. He looks at Sehun with twinkling eyes and rests his cheek on his palm. ''You're funny''

''Funny? You know what's funny? What's funny is that I will--

''Get me suspended? Expelled? I've heard it all by now.'' Jongin says and Sehun lets out a growl in his anger.

''You.. why do you do this?''

''Hush Mr Pres.''

''How can I.. Fine.'' he says deflating as he turns back to his work. But he cannot concentrate with the loud chewing noises coming from Jongin and in his fit of rage, snaps his pencil in half.

''Whoa there..'' Jongin says with a smirk, satisfied that he was being a pain in the to Sehun.

''SPIT IT OUT!'' Sehun screams but Jongin only chews louder.

Sehun stands up and towers over Jongin, grabbing a fistful of Jongin's shirt at his shoulders. ''You. You jerk. Why can't obey the rules?! Why do you always make me so angry?''

Jongin smiles up at him in his annoying way before popping another bubble. ''Done?''

Sehun lets out another low growl and tries to think of calming images. ''Yes. I'm done. I'm so done with you.''

''That's too bad cause i just got started'' Jongin smirks and pulls Sehun down by his tie, effectively cutting off his yelp by pressing their lips together, tightly and securely.

The class erupts in loud gasps and Sehun swears he hears the snapping of cameras but all he can do is squeeze his eyes shut as he leans all his weight on Jongin by now, unable to struggle and free himself as Jongin was holding onto his wrists on his shoulders in a vice like grip. 

They pull back just as the bell signaling the end of class rings and the students stream out, excited to reveal the latest gossip to everyone else.

It's only Jongin and Sehun now.

Sehun shivers when he feels Jongin's thumbs press into his hips from where his hands are situated. He also realizes with a cringe that the wad of gum was now in his mouth.

 ''Mr Pres. You can't chew gum in school''  whispers Jongin, kissing Sehun again and slipping his tongue into his cavern, transferring the bubble gum from Sehun's mouth to his own. 

''I'll make sure to let Miss Kim know you helped me'' Jongin says as he gets up and stretches, leaving Sehun standing in a whirlpool of emotions.

*

Almost all the students in school knew by now what Jongin's latest action to annoy the president was. The picture had spread around the school like wildfire and Sehun flushed as students now looked at him with sly smiles. It was very embarassing, especially when he knew what they were saying behind his back. The most absurd of these theories was the one where Sehun, Jongin's lover only put up this tough act to rile Jongin up, which led to angry and passionate... lovemaking at night.

With flaring cheeks, Sehun had given these rumor makers a good piece of his mind and sent them off with a warning.

Jongin seemed quite pleased with the outcome of his actions, even going as far as kissing Sehun on the lips whenever they met in the hallways even before Sehun could yell at him for breaking some insignificant rule.

Things turn up a notch one Friday morning, as Sehun is asked by the Principal to find Jongin, whose mother was in school as she was asked to attend a meeting about her son's failing grades.

Muttering profanities under his breath, Sehun goes in search of the boy and finds him in the Basketball court. He doesn't know why he doesn't attack the boy the moment he sees him. Maybe it was because he was sitting on the bleachers looking lifeless, contrary to how he usually was, all arrogant and over-confident.

Sehun stands before the boy and looks down at him. Jongin in turn looks up and locks eyes with Sehun who studies his face, for the first time noticing the heavy bags under his bright eyes and the pale tint to his usually tan skin.

''Yah. You're supposed to be in class'' Sehun says, his voice not as venomous as it should be. But he had to start this off the way it usually should.

''Your mum's here.'' Sehun finds himself say in an uncharacteristically gentle tone. He brushes it off blaming the tired face looking at him. ''They want you there with them..'' he adds when the silence stretches on. Jongin continues to look at him as if he didn't hear a word Sehun said.

Unintentionally Sehun brushes a strand of blonde hair off Jongin's forehead, but before he can retract his hand, Jongin wraps his fingers around his wrist and pulls him onto his lap, so that Sehun sits with his legs on either side of Jongin's hips.

''Jongin---

''Sssh. Please. Just for a moment Sehun'' Jongin whispers, and Sehun doesn't fail to notice the tired voice, again uncharacteristic of Jongin, and also that Jongin said his name and not his usually mocking 'Mr Pres.'

So he keeps quiet, eyes widening as Jongin buries his face in his neck and simply sighs. What do I do?! Sehun panics as he feels Jongin's lips brush the side of his throat.

''What's wrong Jongin?'' Sehun asks hesitantly but the boy remains quiet, arms tightening around Sehun in reply. ''You could tell me'' he says after a pause, and blinks when he feels Jongin's lips stretch in a smile against his skin.

Jongin pulls back and leads Sehun's face closer to his with a hand on the back of his nape. He glanced at Sehun's lips for a second before pressing his against them.

Sehun sat lifeless in Jongin's lap,not even making a move to run when Jongin pulls back after a while. They stare at each other for a moment and Jongin takes Sehun's hands and places them on his shoulders. Unknownst to him, Sehun winds his arms around Jongin's neck loosely.

''Come on. Tell me'' he says but Jongin only grants him a smile before kissing him again chastely. He presses a few more short kisses to Sehun's lips, then his jaw before pulling back completely.

''Thank you'' he says confusing Sehun even more as he walks away slowly.

''He just.. thanked me..''

*

He doesn't see Jongin for a week after that, and assumes it was because he was suspended. Or maybe expelled. The last thought, of Jongin getting expelled makes Sehun's heart drop. 

In this Jongin-less week, he had come to realize a few things. As embarassing as it was to admit, Sehun missed the delinquent. He realized that his job seemed too perfect, too smooth without the boy. There was no one to yell at, and even the ones he did yell at obeyed him mindlessly, causing him to pout because he felt like a shepherd herding sheep. There was simply no resistance from the students.

Also, he realized with a blush that he missed seeing Jongin's face and being kissed. ''This is so bad.. Why would I feel this way?'' Sehun often asked himself in confusion. ''I cannot like him. I simply cannot. He's bad news..'' But the way his mind made him feel the boys absence spoke louder than his words.

When Sehun meets the Old man one Friday evening to hand him in the rough budget of the school fair, he thinks he should ask.

With hesitance,he asks the Old man the question that has been bugging him for a week now. ''Sir... It's been a week and..'' he stops debating on whether to go on or not. The old man looks at him questioningly. ''I haven't seen Jongin around. You haven't expelled him have you?'' he blurts out twisting the hem of his shirt in worry. The old man is at a loss for words. Never in his life did he expect to see an expression like that on his favorite pupils face. For his least favorite pupil at least.

''That doesn't really concern you. Private matters regarding students are confidential.Now run along..'' he says and Sehun wants to stay, wants to argue but it's a lost cause when the old man begins squinting at a document trying to read it.

Private matter? I knew something was up, Sehun thinks pursing his lips.

That saturday, Sehun for the first time waits outside with the hopes of catching Jongin. It wasn't only because he missed that arrogant face, but his instincts told him that something was bothering the boy, and he didn't really know why, but he wanted to help.

But Jongin never came.

*

''He's back.'' is the first thing Minseok says to him the next week when he slips into the seat before Sehun in the library. He was aware of Sehun's inner turmoil and wasn't surprised when the pale boys head shot up from his thick book. 

''You mean...'' he gulped and Minseok nodded kindly with a smile. ''He was just suspended. Not expelled.'' 

''Where..?'' Sehun croaks out.

''I don't know, but I saw him when I was coming in. He looks the same. Hair tinted back to black. Don't worry. You'll be called to get him soon enough..'' Minseok says with a twinkle in his eye and Sehun jolts from his trance.

''..What? I wish he never came back'' he snaps burying his face in his book, Minseok's ''Sure you did'' not going misheard by him.

He didn't really bump into Jongin. Nor did the boy come to his classes, and Sehun begins to wonder if he's burning the school down somewhere. That's when Yixing wonders into his class sleepily. ''Trouble at the back'' he says vaguely and brushed past Sehun who a brown and sighs. ''I don't understand ''

Yixing scratches his head. ''What don't you understand.?'' he asks in confusion.

''You just said trouble at the back...''

''I did? Why? That doesn't make sense..'' says Yixing in an accusatory tone and Sehun gives up. ''Nothing in life makes sense. Like how certain establishments remain unlooked at.Or how obvious talent is not acknowledged.'' says Yifan from his corner in a deep raspy voice. The class spares him a glance then return to their work.

''For the love of god, your hoop was fixed last week!'' Sehun growls at him. ''Was it? Then how do you explain why none of my shots made it through the basket?'' shoots back Yifan with a smug smirk and Sehun gives up on humanity.

As soon as class comes to an end, Sehun heads to the Student Council room to finish off some work before heading to his last period. But Minseok comes behind him panting. ''Back of the school..'' he gasps falling into a chair. ''What now?'' Sehun asks wryly. ''Trouble at the back?'' he asks rolling his eyes.

''Yeah. It's Jongin.''

That's all it took for Sehun to feel a small part of him coming to life. Looks like things were back to what it was.

''I'll take care of him''

With determined steps, the president stomps his way out of the school and to the back, his steps turning hesitant. The back of the school was not a place he usually ventured to. But he does so anyway, stepping over shards of glass, empty cans of beer and discarded newspapers. Stupid kids. I must see that loiterers are punished more severely, he thinks as the number of beer cans increase. He turns a corner and squints at what appears to be Jongin swinging his legs as he sits on the rusted gate that opens to a long forgotten overgrown land.

''Kim Jongin'' he shouts and the boy looks up startled. Sehun takes a few more steps towards the boy and stops with widened eyes, because between Jongin's lips is a cigarette, that he slowly takes out and taps to let the ashes flutter away in the light breeze. 

He smokes?! Since when? Sehun wonders, taking in Jongin's face, which seemed to have gotten thinner and paler.

''Jongin! This is by far the worst thing you've done. Not only is smoking a free ticket to cancer, but doing so on school premises is not allowed. '' Sehun yells storming his way to the boy who watches him with calm eyes. 

''Did you miss me?'' he asks instead when Sehun is before him. Sehun clenches his jaw, eyes glowering. ''Get down now. This will get you at least two weeks of suspension,'' Sehun opts to say and grunts when Jongin pulls him to stand between his legs. Jongin cups his face with the hand not holding the cigarette and inspects it closely, then smiles. ''I missed you Mr Pres. Tell me you missed me too'' he croons leaning his face closer to Sehun who huffs in indignation when his face is tilted higher. 

''Stop. Haven't you learnt your lesson already? You were suspended, now you're asking for it again? Smoking of all things? Jongin you're only 17. Don't ruin your life..'' 

Jongin hums, smile growing softer and takes another long drag from the cancer stick, and blows the smoke in Sehun's face. The pale boy tears up gasping and clutching his throat as he splutters. Jongin jumps off the gate and pushes Sehun against the wall, holding him in place by the hips.

''Don't you think life should be experienced to its limit? If you'd let me, I could show you what you're missing out on'' the tanned boy says in a sultry whisper, brushing his nose against Sehun's tear streaked cheek.

''You.. You jerk. You bastard.'' Sehun wheezes, pushing Jongin in the chest weakly. The tanned boy chuckles and takes yet another drag, before crushing the cigarette against the concrete wall behind Sehun and smashing his lips against the palers, prying his lips open with his tongue and passing the smoke from his mouth right down Sehun's throat. 

No. Sehun screams internally, body wracking with coughs as he feels the smoke burn its way down his throat, a rapid flow of tears breaking through his lids at the uncomfortable feeling.

Jongin pulls back and cradles Sehun's head against his chest, rocking them both back and forth gently as he Sehun's head. ''Why do you never learn Sehun?'' he murmurs against Sehun's ear, placing a kiss on the lobe. ''You can't control me.'' he says smiling as he wipes the tears off Sehun's flushed cheeks, and kissing each cheek gently after.

''You're crazy..'' Sehun says in a hoarse whisper. His throat was itching and he wanted to throw up.

''Perhaps.'' Jongin hums cupping Sehun's cheeks and kissing him again, tongue slipping with ease into Sehun's mouth. Why Sehun feels as if this was the last time he'd be seeing Jongin he doesn't know. But his arms wrap around Jongin's neck automatically as he lets his eyes slip shut, kissing the boy back. 

The kiss deepens as Jongin's tongue desperately into Sehun's cavern, running over his teeth and coaxing Sehun's inexperienced tongue to come play. He pulls back, cupping Sehun's face and smiles slightly when the paler elicits a quiet whimper at the loss of Jongin's warm lips on his. 

''I'll help you with your studies.'' Sehun blurts out suddenly clutching the hem of Jongin's shirt and pulling him closer. ''And I'm not telling this out of pity. Jongin you're smart. Let me help you graduate? Because you can. I ask for nothing in return'' Sehun says, unsure of why he was even making this offer, but that gut feeling that he'll never see Jongin again was only intensifying with each passing second and he was desperately trying to grasp at straws. Jongin rests their foreheads together, sighing.

''Thank you Sehun'' he says, smiling at the boy warmly before he pulls away and begins to walk away from the boy. 

''Jongin wait. '' Sehun calls after him, voice cracking but the boy walks on and soon he was gone.

*

Jongin feels content as he returns home.

Maybe it was because Sehun kissed him back for the first time. Or maybe it was because Sehun actually cared, eventhough he acted otherwise. He really wanted to strip that nerdy layer off of Sehun and pull out his inner demon. 

Because in reality, Kim Jongin was utterly in love with Oh Sehun. 

The only way to get Sehun's attention was to break the rules. So he did. And he got what he wanted.

Jongin stares up at his small, somewhat dingy house, picking up the forgotten mail near the door before entering to the sight of his sleeping mother on the worn out beige couch. ''You're back'' she says yawning as the boy hums and walks to the kitchen.

''Did you take your medicine? I guess not'' he mutters finding the pills he'd left for his mother lying in the same place on the table. He pours a glass of water into her cup and takes it along with the pills to her. ''Here..'' he says handing them to her. With a grunt the lady takes it and gulps the medicine down.

''What?'' she asks as she finds her son watching her.

''The bills. Mum. You haven't paid them'' he says throwing the said bills on the small table between them. ''You didn't pay the fees for this term either. I got a notice to pay it before the end of the month..'' he says pulling the rumpled slip out. Mrs Kim hums in disinterest and lies down again. ''I was fired again Jongin. How am I to find money for you? Can't you just drop out and find a permanent job? That'll be easier because the bills are piling up an all''

''I want to graduate.Then I'll get a job'' he replies, Sehun's face appearing in his mind.

''How can you graduate with your results?! Get a job boy.'' Mrs Kim laughs throwing an arm over her eyes.

''There's a boy in my class. He agreed to help me.''

''For free?''

''Yeah..''

''Or are you ing him for payment?'' she spits out, her anger at Jongin's confession of being gay coming forth.

''Mum.'' Jongin says warningly, fingernails digging into his palm to control his anger.

''You look so much like your father. Sometimes I hate looking at you. That bastard. If only I didn't fall for his trap. I had you when I was 16, and he left me two years later. I lost everything I had because of him. My family disowned me. I'm denied the money I was supposed to inherit. If only I didn't have you..You are so much like him..''

''Maybe my appearence but nothing else..''

The woman ignores him and groans in distress. ''We need money. How many nights are we to starve? I'm exhausted, and you go to school and things up. ''

Jongin wants to lash out, wants to tell her how he skips meals just so that he could save that money and get her more food. Or how he gives her the more nutritious portions of what food they manage to get, portions that were essential to a growing boy. But he knows she would only brush him off.

Instead he sighs and shakes his head. ''I'm doing everything I can. I'm juggling two sidejobs which is why I'm barely in school and I give you all the money I earn. Yet the bills aren't paid, my fees isn't paid. What the do you do with the money mum?''

The woman keeps silent and turns her back to him.

''Just one more year and I'll get a job'' Jongin mutters rubbing his eyes in exhaustion.

Mrs Kim laughs mockingly and sighs, turning around to look at Jongin with pity. ''You poor thing. I shouldn't have had you.You poor poor thing.''

Jongin shuts out his mothers voice and heads to the kitchen, glancing out the window at the darkening world outside. A light breeze dances in through the open window and he closes his eyes, momentarily feeling at peace.

''I should have never had you. I appreciate all you do for me. But I regret having you. If I didn't have you, I'd probably be married and comfortably off.'' Mrs Kim's voice drifts in.

There was a time the words stung and brought tears to his eyes years ago, but now they were just words. In one ear, out the other.

''..We'll have to move out to a cheaper residence..'' his mothers voice cuts through again, and Jongin perks his ears at this with a frown. ''I like it here''

''Not everything happens the way you like and want'' she snaps and Jongin turns his eyes back to the window.

A small smile graces his lips when Sehun comes to sight, walking down the lane. Jongin made sure that Sehun will never find out where he lived, but he'd make sure to stop by Sehun's house almost every saturday, just to catch a glimpse of the pale boy.

It hurt to know that Sehun could never be his. A boy with a future like Sehun's would only be dragged down by someone like Jongin.

Jongin watches the boy brush something off his pants with a grumpy expression and chuckles, watching till the figure disappears out of his sight..

Yes. Kim Jongin's life was . 

Yet that boy gave it some character...

Oh Sehun.

Kim Jongin's deviation.

The End.

 

A/N : How'd it start all fine and end somewhat angstily i have no idea.. O.o 

So comment your thoughts/ leave me some feedback, (was this good, did it just lemme know) and upvote if you liked this! ^.^