Play With Me

Play With Me

"What's the plan for today," Zhou Mi asked when he arrived in Kyuhyun's room, "Or rather, what would you like to have planned for today?"

 

Kyuhyun was lazy. It was as simple as that. Of course he didn't and wouldn't have any plans for any day of the week.

 

When Zhou Mi turned around after locking door behind him, he wasn't surprised to see Kyuhyun still in bed. Kyuhyun looks adorable asleep, but he looks even better bright-eyed and full with life, Zhou Mi thought to himself. He walked across the messy hotel room, making his way through the maze of clothing and books scattered across the floor, and finally drew open the curtains.

 

Sunshine filled every corner of the room, just like Zhou Mi felt whenever Kyuhyun looked him in the eyes. Speaking of Kyuhyun's eyes, at the moment they were completely blinded, leaving Kyuhyun to grab the blankets over his head.

 

"Don't make this hard for me Kyuhyun; you're so difficult at times" Zhou Mi whined and started for Kyu's bed.

 

"Make what hard?" Kyuhyun mumbled from under covers, quietly chuckling to himself.

 

"Haha, very funny, now get up so I can enjoy the entire day with you. You know how scarce days off are, don't you?"

 

Kyuhyun knew. He knew that very well. Especially since they had both recently debuted as solos and had promotions and what not practically every second of the day. Still, Kyuhyun wanted to stay in bed where the warmth of the covers encompassed every inch of his body.

 

"Why can't we stay here for the day? Just me and you. We could order in or something?" Kyuhyun suggested and finally let Zhou Mi peel the covers away from his face, revealing a smiling Zhou Mi.

 

"What, and play video games all day?" Zhou Mi laughed and leaned in to kiss Kyuhyun's soft lips, however he was interrupted.

 

"Yes! That’s exactly what we'll do!" Kyuhyun nearly knocked Zhou Mi off of the bed because of his burst of excitement, "I could even show you how to play, which might pose a challenge considering..."

 

"Considering what Kyu?! Just you wait, by the end of the day, I'll even be better at gaming than you!"

 

"Not a chance!"

 

"Wanna bet... Kui Xian?!" Zhou Mi threatened and glared at his best friend.

 

Kyuhyun trembled slightly. The use of his Chinese name only meant two things. or... or...

 

"Tickle fight!!" Zhou Mi wailed and began tickling Kyuhyun's sides wildly. Giggles erupted from Kyuhyun as he struggled to tickle Zhou Mi back as every time he tried, he'd find himself tangled in Zhou Mi's long limbs.

 

"Alright, alright!" Kyuhyun shouted as the last few tickles lingered along his aching sides. Zhou Mi pulled away and pouted the way he does in practically all of the selcas he sends Kyuhyun while they're apart.

 

His pout turned into a mile wide smile as a thought popped into his mind. Oh no, here we go again, thought Kyuhyun. Zhou Mi's ideas were always ridiculous. What will he come up with this time?

 

"Okay. I've got it. You guide me through each game, then we'll take a break to eat, practice some more, and finally have a tournament that I will beat you in," Zhou Mi exclaimed and turned his head slightly at Kyuhyun's lacking reaction, "What do you think, yes or no?"

 

"Wait, hold up. So you're not going to buy us a unicorn and have it shipped here by a rocket ship that we will then ride to Mars to play video games?" Kyuhyun tried his very best to not laugh at his own words, but even he couldn't believe what was coming out of his mouth.

 

"Kyuhyun, I'm being serious here." Zhou Mi crossed his arms and sat crossed legged, pouting once again.

 

"Oh, so now you want to grow up. I see, let's go and buy you some big boy pants and maybe even some-"

 

"Kui Xian, listen to me!" Zhou Mi was beginning to feel frustrated, a new emotion for him, but managed to relieve himself by tickling Kyuhyun once more. This time, not stopping at his numerous pleas and cries for him to halt.

 

Sooner or later even Zhou Mi had grown a little weary from all of the tickling and had reluctantly stopped.

 

"Let's let the gaming do the talking from now on" said Zhou Mi as a matter of fact. He swung his long legs off the side of the bed and stood up to begin straightening up Kyuhyun's messy room. Mi, out of disgust, muttered various things under his breath about how Kyu was just doing this to his room because 1. He's lazy and 2. He likes to get under Zhou Mi's skin and possibly 3. Because he has a kink for Zhou Mi when he cleans.

 

"You could help you know... Unless you get by me cleaning, isn't that right... Kui Xian?"

 

"What? No! You're so narcissistic sometimes Mi." Kyuhyun, with rosy cheeks, hopped out of bed and started to messily fold up his sheets, turning his eyes away from Zhou Mi out of embarrassment.

 

Zhou Mi snickered to himself at the success of his words.

 

~

 

"Okay so you place this hand here and the other on this side of the controller and-"

 

"Kyuhyun. I know how to hold it" Zhou Mi said giggling. Once Kyuhyun got excited or the tiniest bit of attention, there was no stopping him.

 

"Oh sorry, I just got a little carried away."

 

Kyuhyun hopped off the bed and crawled towards the television, absentmindedly swinging his hips on the way there.

 

"Cute " Zhou Mi chirped.

 

"Shut up Mi. Just focus on the controls." Kyuhyun always got a little tense at any compliment thrown his way which Zhou Mi, in his nature, was trying to fix. It wasn't that Kyuhyun was insecure; it's just that he was too stubborn to believe anything anyone else said.

 

"Alright, let's start off with some Mario Kart" said Kyuhyun making his way back. Zhou Mi squealed at just the mention of Mario, and Kyu just grinned at his obsession.

 

"Kyu-sshi!" Zhou Mi cried and wrapped his long arms around the younger. He knew that underneath the surface, Kyuhyun could be a real sweetheart, no matter how much he tried to act tough. It was in subtle instances like this where he showed his affection.

 

"Okay, okay," Kyuhyun exclaimed whilst trying to pry himself from Zhou Mi's embrace, "Just pretend like you're actually driving, the controller is in the shape of a steering wheel for a reason, and press here to..."

 

Zhou Mi drowned out everything Kyuhyun was saying to just stare at him. Kyuhyun's eyes gleamed whenever he was talking about something he loved or loved to do, it was automatic. It was precious enough to Zhou Mi just to have Kyuhyun explain something to him as Kyuhyun just expected everyone to naturally be just as intelligent as he.

 

"Mi... Mi! We're you even listening?" Kyuhyun said waving his controller in the elder’s face lost in thought.

 

Zhou Mi's cheeks grew a light shade of pink. No answer, just small, hearty chuckles came from him, filling up the entire room.

 

"Of course you weren't. Anyways, as your punishment," Kyuhyun began to say.

 

Zhou Mi's eyes lit up at the word, 'punishment' every time ever since one of the... adventures they'd had previously. Kyuhyun had noticed that little spark in Zhou Mi's interest.

 

"No, not that kind of punishment. God Mi, are you always this ?"

 

"Just speak Kyuhyun, I wasn't thinking anything!" Zhou Mi defended himself poorly and Kyuhyun was not buying it.

 

"Yeah right. But as I was saying, we're playing on the 150cc, the most difficult of races, as your punishment."

 

"But why Kyuhyun? I promise to be good for the rest of the day. Why?" Mi wined and tugged on the sleeves of Kyuhyun's shirt.

 

"Because I like my video games the way I like your ... hard."

 

Zhou Mi nearly pushed Kyuhyun off of the planet at that statement. Who's the one now, Zhou Mi thought. Kyuhyun peeked his head over the bed so that just the soft tufts of his hair and eyes were visible to Zhou Mi. Mi, still flustered, chucked every pillow in sight at Kyu for revenge.

 

"St-Stop it, let's just play. No. More. Pillows." Kyuhyun said and threw a pillow back at every pause in his sentences. Mimi squealed and shielded himself poorly with his controller.

 

Kyuhyun settled upon the bed again, legs crossed just like Zhou Mi's, and clicked the buttons upon the controller until they arrived at the character selection screen.

 

"Oh, oh! Let me be Mario pleaseeeee, you know he's my favorite" Zhou Mi pleaded with every word bringing another more adorable performance of aegyo that not even Kyuhyun could resist.

 

"Fine, I was going to be Yoshi anyways." Kyuhyun and Zhou Mi selected their karts and then finally the cup they wanted to race in. They chose the Banana Cup, which although they were on 150cc mode, wasn't too difficult.

 

"You're going down Kyuhyun. I may be new at this but you'll be surprised at-"

 

"Zhou Mi! Drive!" Kyuhyun playfully punched Zhou Mi in the arm and wondered if he'd been working out recently, however the thought didn't last very long as Zhou Mi was complaining again.

 

"Oh, what? Not fair Kyu-sshi! You set me up!" Zhou Mi pouted like in his famous selcas and mumbled to himself about how he demanded a redo, however he still continued to drive: his late start causing him to fall to 12th place. The very last place.

 

"Whatever you say Mimi." Kyuhyun chuckled and sped into first place; no surprise there. However, this time Zhou Mi was right behind him. Kyuhyun couldn't believe the sight on the screen. He let his eyes fall on Zhou Mi in surprise before quickly returning them to the game. Zhou Mi just smirked as he caught Kyuhyun's glimpse from the corner of his eye.

 

When the three laps were over, Kyuhyun in first and Zhou Mi in second, Kyuhyun was left in disbelief and began to strategize against Zhou Mi. Mimi on the other hand, decided to rely on luck, which served him well for the next few rounds.

 

"Told you. I just hope you don't underestimate me again... Kui Xian" Zhou Mi grinned and observed how the use of Kyuhyun's Chinese name always managed to make him squirm.

 

"Z-Zhou Mi-Mi... let's just go to the next game" Kyuhyun stuttered, still fresh from the impact of his Chinese name on Mi's lips, and made his way to the TV to change the game; this time, covering his bum from Mi's view with a pillow.

 

~

 

They had ordered in after the third game that Kyuhyun had introduced to Zhou Mi. Mi had proven himself to Kyuhyun through his determination and surprising gaming skills. The sun was starting to set at this time, bright orange rays still peaked from behind the trees, and Kyuhyun curled up next to Mi as Mi fed him some noodles they'd ordered in.

 

"You know," Kyuhyun had said with bits of noodles still in his mouth, "We don't just have to do what I want to all day."

 

"That's the thing Kyu, I'm happy doing anything as long as I'm with you" Zhou Mi chirped and fed the younger some more.

 

"You're so cliché sometimes Mimi" Kyuhyun scoffed although Zhou Mi could see right through his act like it was a glass window. Especially since Kyuhyun was blushing and turning away from Zhou Mi's view.

 

"Cliché? Maybe. True? Always." Zhou Mi ran his long fingers through the soft, brown tufts of Kyuhyun's hair as he smiled brightly, thinking about how lucky he was to be here with Kyu at this very moment.

 

They sat in each other’s embrace, Zhou Mi with his arm slung around a curled up Kyuhyun, as they had both grown tired and full. Kyuhyun was the last to fall asleep. When he'd noticed Zhou Mi's breaths slow down and his heartbeats along with them, he'd glanced up to find exactly what he'd expected; Zhou Mi soundly asleep. He decided to take advantage of this opportunity; not as the evil maknae, but as the Kyuhyun who is madly love with his Zhou Mi.

 

"This is bound to sound stupid, especially since you're asleep, but I wanted to thank you. I-I don't want to get too sappy, mainly because I might... cry, but I don't tell you enough. I need you more than I'm willing to let on, something you've probably already picked up on, and I wish I could tell you how much you mean to me all the time, but I can never find the words. Regardless ... I love you Mimi."

 

Kyuhyun could've sworn he saw Zhou Mi smile briefly at his words, but then again, Mi was always happy, even in his dreams where Kyuhyun had hoped he'd be, even when they were apart.

 

Now he sort of wished Zhou Mi was awake to hear his words, but Kyuhyun doubted he'd ever be able to say them, no matter how much he knew Zhou Mi needed to hear them. That was his fault, he reluctantly admitted. Behind every sarcastic remark or scoff from Kyuhyun was an "I love you"; something he didn't believe he had the guts to say, even to the person he wanted -needed- most to hear it.

 

"I love you more than you know, and will ever, thanks to yours truly" Kyuhyun whispered solemnly and then continued after a long pause, "I'm sorry."

 

And with that, Kyuhyun fell asleep to Zhou Mi's steady breaths, of which his lungs had naturally synced with. Guilt still heavy upon his heart, tears still wet upon his soft, pale cheeks and Zhou Mi on his mind.

 

The End