In the Beginning, Part 2

Prepare for Trouble (Make It Double)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    It began like this; a splitting headache, a trip to the hospital, and a barrage of medical tests.  Park Jin-young was lying in a hospital bed, doing what he considered to be a very good job of not scratching at his IV, when the results of the most recent round of blood tests came back.

    “They confirm,” the doctor was explaining, his glasses perched on the end of his nose, “what we were seeing in your MRI and CAT-scan.  You’re Powered, mentally, which partially explains the symptoms you’ve been experiencing.  Although, I must ask—have your, er, abilities, revealed themselves recently?  Have you been hearing or seeing anything unusual, moving objects without touching them, anything like that?”

    He raised his eyebrows in shock and looked at his parents.  They smiled back at him, although he knew they were as surprised as he was—and a little relieved.  At least now they knew what was wrong.  The doctor cleared his throat and—oh right, he had asked him a question.  He thought about it, but—“Aside from the headaches, I can’t think of anything.”

    The doctor was palpably disappointed, and, Jin-young noted in surprise, suspicious.  Like he didn’t believe him.  But his mom and dad began to ask questions, and he decided that the best course of action would be to take a nap.  Besides, they would wake him up if they found anything more specific.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    He stayed in the hospital for a while after the initial confirmation; his headaches hadn't improved as much as the d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter