Arguments and Date

Time Machine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Neh, why are you still following me?” Ri Seu looked back again to him as she saw him following her back to the dorm.

He stopped walking and looked down, “I don’t have a place to stay. I don’t have tools to fix my clock to go back in my time.”

She sighed. She listened to all the things he told her when they were eating. He told her that he came from year 2025, and he’s an inventor and professor by profession. During his younger years, he stayed in South Korea for a couple of years during his college days for the exchange student program. He told her how much he liked the technology in Korea and wanted to have it in China as well.

But he did not tell him one thing that she’s really curious of—why did he go back in time?

And he called her ‘Rei’—not that she mind the mistaken identity, but calling her that, is she resembling someone he knows?

“You can’t stay with me. I am alone in my dorm room and I’m a woman, obviously.” Plus you may be old in your time but you’re still good looking. I bet you’re prettier than me when you were younger. When she handed him a couple of wet tissues to wipe his face—just ignore the stubbles growing—he’s definitely good-looking like what she thought earlier.

“I can apply as a teacher in your school—just help me this once, Ms. Park.” For some reason, she finds it annoying that he’s calling her in her last name. He formally introduced himself to her earlier too, that made her obliged to do the same.

“Do you even have your teacher’s license? Did you even graduate?” She asked not to ridicule him, but rather make him think of what he had.

He was loss for words. At this time, he just graduated his Masters Studies in Physics and his name isn’t known yet in the field of science. He’s a part-time professor in two universities in China and he has his teaching license—but still, he has no experience in teaching elementary and high school students.

“Whenever you plan on going back in time, make sure you have everything on your pocket. Identifications at least. Mind you, Luhan, I still don’t believe you.”

“I… understand.” He just said, trying to look whatever he can ransack in his pockets but it was no use. He do not want to impose to someone either, as he wanted to go back as soon as possible.

Ri Seu looked at him and sighed. As much as she wanted to help him, there is in no way that she would suggest bringing in falsified documents just so he can teach in her school. She can’t bear doing things against her principles.

“I can ask someone to help you with your shelter,” she said, though she’s not sure. “I know a person who owns for-rent apartments.” Maybe, I still wanted to help him.

 

 

“Yeol, do you have vacant rooms?” Ri Seu immediately asked after the man before her opened the door. She decided to go first to her only cousin living in Seoul—Park Chan Yeol.

“Come on noona, come in first before you ask me anything,” He grinned at her but his expression suddenly darkened as he saw a man behind her.

Ri Seu noticed Chan Yeol’s dark stare at Luhan and awkwardly smiled, “Yeollie, he’s Luhan. He’s my friend and I’m just helping him out in finding an apartment rental.” She looked at Luhan but his face is blank, as if he’s already used to people looking at him. He’s older than us anyway, why would he even be intimidated?

Chan Yeol looked at her intently, “Ri Seu-noona, are you sure he’s not your boyfriend?”

Her jaw dropped. “NO WAY.” She’s starting to feel that going to her cousin’s place was a wrong move.

“Just making sure. Auntie called up and asked about you.” He stared at Luhan even more. “Are you sure?”

“Chan Yeol please. He’s a lot older than us and you know I am not thinking about having a boyfriend. I’m just helping him out since he’s not very familiar with Seoul. He just arrived this morning from China and he asked for my assistance,” at least she did not lie at the part where he came from. “Do you or you don’t have any more rooms available?”

Chan Yeol pouted. “I have. I have a small room and a big one. Which are you taking?”

“A small room will do.” Finally, Luhan spoke. “What are your payment terms?”

Ri Seu saw Chan Yeol glanced at her, “since you’re my noona’s friend, a month’s rent will do. No advance payment. I charge xx xxx won per month, which includes electric and water bills.”

“Thanks Yeol.” She pinched her cousin’s cheek and Luhan frowned with the affection between the two. He took off his eyes on them and took out some cash—the ones he earned by selling his earring that he did not notice earlier. “I hope you won’t tell mom about this.”

“I know. She will force you to introduce him.” He eyed Luhan. “I am watching you.”

Ri Seu knows that Chan Yeol will do as he says—though there’s nothing to be guilty about, she feels uncomfortable.

After handling the apartment key and led to the room, Luhan and Ri Seu stayed at the rooftop where the apartment is. She sat at the bench outside and sighed. She was just starting to help him out and she’s already exhausted from a lot of explaining that she needed to do.

“I’m sorry.” He said and sat beside her. “I came to this time line and caused this. I’ll get my clock fixed soonest time possible and go back.”

“It’s the explaining that makes me tired. I’m afraid everyone will think you’re my…” Boyfriend, she wanted to say but she can’t. She blushed at the thought—who wouldn’t want someone as good-looking as him?

“I wouldn’t mind having a girlfriend like you, if they wanted to think that way. You’re young and beautiful.” He said straightforwardly, making her heart beat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter