(_|_)

Long Lasting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Taeyeon zipped up her jacket when she noticed how grey the clouds were. Even if the skies looked dull because of the sad fluffy clouds, she could still shone that smile of hers. Upon remembering back about yesterday, she still hasn’t gotten over it. The ice creams, the tears and the sunset. Oh, how perfect it was the day before. Taeyeon wouldn’t want to fall asleep last night as she wouldn’t want the day to end. It was just too memorable that she would like to stay in it for a long time. But that was, of course, impossible. She sighed for the nth time. Where is the person who brightened her day yesterday?

 

“Hyoyeonie, where you at?”

 

“I’m almost there, love.”

 

Love.

 

Her cheeks were flushed terribly upon hearing her new pet name from her best friend who was now her one and only. Taeyeon nodded even if the caller couldn’t see it. She told them that she will be waiting and gazed up at the sky. It will rain soon yet the Sun was still visible among the grey clouds. A wonderful rainy day will be coming to Seoul soon, Taeyeon thought with her lips slowly curved into a smile. Memories from yesterday came flashing back themselves to Taeyeon’s mind. Oh, so now that was the only thing that she could think of? Taeyeon giggled to herself, thanking that nobody was around to give her weird looks in the meantime.

 

Heol, Hyoyeon really got her this time and she loved it.

 

She loves her.

 

-*-

 

Yesterday was quite a peaceful day; the park was beautiful with the evening sunlight rays shone on it. A pair of best friends holding onto one another’s hands, fingers entwined as they were ambling with the same pace on the pathway. Walking past the calming trees and let their skins brushed by the breezy wind–It was a relaxing day to spend time together. Hyoyeon made them to stop walking when they met an empty bench along the way. They decided to take their seats on it and would want to finish their ice creams first. Hyoyeon had a vanilla and Taeyeon’s was strawberry.

 

It was a perfect combination, Hyoyeon playfully thought.

 

Her sudden smile caused Taeyeon to flash their own and it made them both to giggle when their eyes met. “What are you thinking, Hyoyeonie?”

 

“Nothing stupid.” Hyoyeon shrugged and finished her ice cream before her friend did. “It’s a beautiful day today. Don’t you think so?”

 

Taeyeon nodded gleefully. “Yes, it is.”

 

“Just like my Taeyeonie.” Hyoyeon nudged her friend teasingly, making Taeyeon to lightly slap her arm in embarrassment. She always compliment Taeyeon as she loved to brighten her friend’s day with sweet words. And of course, she always mean it when she say so.

 

“Yah.”

 

Taeyeon finished her ice cream soon after and was again treated like a princess by her best friend. Hyoyeon would always do this, no matter where they go; it was a habit of hers to wipe Taeyeon’s mouth as if the older one was a kid in her eyes. But deep down inside her heart, Taeyeon was someone she would like to take care of ever since they met. Hyoyeon remembered how Taeyeon was abused by school bullies years ago before she came to their life. She then vowed to protect this fragile girl for a long time from that moment on.

 

“Thanks, mom.” Taeyeon teased as always. She liked it when Hyoyeon’s motherly side was revealed. She felt safe and protected. Yet she most of the times got a light pinch on her cheek whenever she called Hyoyeon her mother. Just like now. “Ah~ it hurts a little, Hyoyeonie.”

 

“Then don’t call me mom.” Hyoyeon smiled warmly. “Want to continue walking?”

 

Taeyeon shook her head before she beamed a smile. “Let’s stay here for a while.” She rested her head on the latter’s shoulder as soon as she said it.

 

“Tired?” Hyoyeon managed to found her friend’s hand and hold it. This was another one of their habit. Their hands must be glued together anytime, anywhere. It was a must, they promised to each other. “Let me take you home.”

 

“No, let’s stay her longer.” Taeyeon nuzzled more on Hyoyeon’s neck. “Don’t chase me away, Hyoyeonie. I really missed you.”

 

Hyoyeon smiled even if Taeyeon didn’t see it. She admitted that she missed Taeyeon too and only get to meet the girl again after 4 years of studying in China and graduated there. They still managed to keep in contact of course. Thanks to the existence of Skype, they never missed an update about one another as they would always call or video call. Even on their busy days which they don’t really matter. Upon remembering back the days of not being there for Taeyeon physically during the 4 years, Hyoyeon realized she has something to do.

 

Something to say.

 

But, Hyoyeon inwardly sighed. It will be risky.

 

It’s a hit or miss situation. Ever since the days of them as high school friends, Hyoyeon developed feelings for her own best friend. The one who has always been there for her just like how she has always been there for Taeyeon. However, she was afraid to confess her feelings towards the girl as she wouldn’t want to ruin their friendship. And what if Taeyeon rejected her? So in the end, Hyoyeon kept the feelings to herself–for 7 damn years. The 4 years without Taeyeon was quite a struggle to her. Taeyeon was always in her mind, in her heart and never showed a sign that they would leave Hyoyeon’s mind alone. Taeyeon was her strength, her medicine for her worst and best days, the only person she could ever think of whenever she was with others–Taeyeon was everything to Hyoyeon.

 

Everything.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter