Peacefulness

Peacefulness

Looking at your sleeping form by my side, I can’t help but think that you are exactly where you truly belong, and it makes my heart beat faster and my lips stretch lightly into a smile. The sensation of skin against skin is divine as you draped your leg over mine. It makes me happy to see you so comfortable, cuddled up to me in your sleep.

 

Burying my face in your hair, the scent of it intoxicating, as I take in the smell that is so totally you. Deep down I know your hair smells just like mine, because you used my shampoo when we took a shower earlier, but yet the fragrance seems a hundred times better when it on you.

 

Closing my eyes, I silently enjoy this little moment of tranquility as I feel my heart overflow with love for you. How could I not? You are perfect for me. I move to lightly press my lips against yours, in a kiss full of love, your soft, velvety, lips pliable against mine. My gesture makes you stir and open your beautiful, yet sleepy, eyes, looking at me with questions in them.  “Sorry, did I wake you, Taeminie?” I hear myself asking softly and you shake your head in answer before burying yourself closer to my body.

 

The heat of our connected bodies is delicious and I dread the moment I shall fall asleep. But for now, I stare at the ceiling, passing my hand tenderly over your soft black hair, as your breathing evens out again, signaling that you are sleeping. Not for the first time, I realize just how well your body fits into mine, and I catch myself smiling like the in love fool that I am.

 

I feel your arms pull me closer to your body, in your sleep as you mumble softly against the side of my neck. “I love you.” All my senses start tingling, as those three words sends shockwaves through my system. You never have uttered those words before.

 

It’s been months since I have finally admitted that I love you.  But not once has these words left your lips when you spoke to me. Many times I have felt heartbroken when you would only look at me with a soft smile on your lips as I waited for your reply, never giving me one. The only saving grace was the fact that you were never shy on skinship; entwining your fingers with mine as we held my hand; enfolding me closer to your body when you would embrace me; Finding little ways to touch me, even if it was just the slightest of touch. And what about the fact that your eyes would always search for me in a crowd and you would always find your way to me, no matter who was in your way or the way you would get jealous when others got close to me. And, let's not forget how you would pat my whenever you thought no one was looking. Yet, you never told me you loved me.

 

Realizing I stopped breathing for a moment, I take a gulp of air, and letting it out shakily, I turn to look at you and my breath get caught in my throat once again. You are looking at me. Tears sting behind my eyes as I try to squelch the hope that is rising at the speed of light inside my chest. I don’t think I could survive the deception of you not remembering what you just told me… and so the silence stretches on as I look at you and you look at me.

 

“Did you hear what I said, Jongin?” It’s your voice that cuts the silence and my reaction is instantaneous. I roll you underneath me as my lips crashes on yours; kissing you with passion, love, and everything else I had kept under lock and key for so long. Straddling your legs, my weight supported by my left arm while I cup your jaw with my right hand, I continue devouring your lips but needing air, I break the intensity of the kiss, but I continue to place tiny little pecks on your your nose, your forehead, your temple, your cheek, your jaw… your lips.

 

“Say it again.” I say against your lips in a pleading voice as the tears, that had been stinging moments before, are now streaming down my cheeks making our shared kisses taste salty.

 

Your hands reaches up to my face, cupping my cheeks as you brush away the wetness from my eyes, looking at me with love, tenderness, and passion. “I love you, Jongin.” You say again, as your lips stretch into a smile and my lips imitates yours.