White Lies

Real Name

Xiumin didn’t expect any good news when he saw Zitao’s father, Choi Siwon, walked out of Zitao’s apartemen. But of course, out of courtesy, he offered a ride to wherever Siwon headed to.

Siwon knew Xiumin was Zitao’s friend. Good friend, to be exact. Although, he has this tingling sensation everytime he saw the boy, in a very bad way, like he felt the need to throw the boy far away from his own son, but he never did it anyway, because he knew Zitao would not be happy about it. At least now he was just being nice to the boy for Zitao’s sake.

“So, how’s life Mr. Choi?” Xiumin asked calmly from behind the steering wheels, trying to make a conversation.

“Life has been very good, Xiumin-sshi. Thank you for asking.” Siwon answered shortly, smiling a little but eyes still on the street in front of him.

Xiumin smiled. The older guy beside him didn’t leave him a room to develop a conversation. Did he knew? Xiumin thought. About him and Zitao.

While Xiumin lost in his thoughts, Siwon called.

“Xiumin-sshi.” the older said.

“Yeah, Mr.Choi?” Xiumin looked at Siwon for a second before turned his attention back to the street.

“By any chance, do you know who Kim....Minseok, I guess, Yes, Kim Minseok. Do you know who Kim Minseok is?” Siwon asked curiously. And Xiumin eyes widen out of shock. How did Mr. Choi even know that name.

“A—ahh, Kim Minseok-yo?” Xiumin held the steering wheel tightly. “M-may I know why do you ask for this name?”

Siwon looked at Xiumin briefly and answered, “Zitao seems to like the guy very much.”

“Ahh...” Xiumin nodded.

“Do you know him, Xiumin-sshi?” Siwon asked again.

Xiumin thought about it for a while.

“Well, I never meet the guy before. But...” He stopped.

“But... ?” Siwon pushed.

“But, I heard that he is a pretty decent guy. Heard he had nice car, and a pretty nice guy himself. Have a pretty bright future I’m sure, if I may concluded, from all the things that I’ve heard of him.” Xiumin finished it smoothly. He keep staring at the road. Nervous. Did he answered enough? He peeked a little through the corner of his eye.

Siwon eyes were on the road but he seemed to think about Xiumin’s answer.

But a little while later, Xiumin saw it.

How the corner of Siwon’s lips twitched up a little and he looked satisfied with this ‘Kim Minseok’.

“Are you sure about that?” Siwon asked again, just to make sure that this ‘Kim Minseok’ person is the right guy for his son.

“Yup, I’m pretty sure about that, Mr. Choi. Why?” Xiumin asked. Pretended not to know the meaning of Siwon’s last question.

Siwon shook his head. “Umh. Nothing.” He said. But Xiumin knew his answer was pretty much what Siwon needed to hear because he smiled like crazy along their way. So Xiumin decided to stay silent for the rest of their trip to Siwon’s house .

Xiumin also can’t keep his smile to himself because he felt this bubbly proud feeling everytime he remembered how Mr.Choi’s lips twitched up when he heard Xiumin talked about this virtual boyfriend of his son.

After made sure Mr. Choi got in safely into his house, Xiumin drove away.

On his way back he took out his cellphone from his pocket and dialed a number.

“Hello.” A voice answered. The voice Xiumin loved the most. Zitao’s voice.

“Hello, pretty.” He cooed his boyfriend.

And the other giggled from across the phone.

“Hello handsome.” Zitao giggled again.

Xiumin smiled widely, like a crazy guy.

“I drove your dad to his house.” Xiumin reported.

And Zitao hummed softly.

“He asked about Kim Minseok.” Xiumin spinned his hand on the wheel making a turn to the left.

“Really?”

“Yeah.”

“What did you say to him?”

“That Kim Minseok is one hell of amazing man.” Xiumin laughed.

Zitao scoffed.

“I bet you flattered yourself in front of my father.” Zitao pouted playfull, eventhough he knew Xiumin won’t be able to see it. But Xiumin definitely could feel it. Because he laughed wholeheartedly when he heard Zitaos’s guess.

“Yes I did. But he took it pretty well.” Xiumin smiled.

“Really?”

“Yes. He looked proud.”

“Oh great. Now we need another excuse if he ask why would you lie to him?”

“Don’t worry. I’m thinking about a few answers. We can think again about it later. Right now, I’m just glad to know your father standard.”

Zitao chuckled.

“I will be a great son-in-law so I can be accepted to stand beside you and make you and you dad proud.” Xiumin determination made Zitao’s heart fluttered.

“But I’m proud of you already.” Zitao said softly. He protested but with a calming voice. What a loving boyfriend Xiumin have.

“I know.” Xiumin smiled warmly. “Now wait for me, Im on my way to you.”

“Okay, I'll wait. Don’t take too long, Kim Minseok.” Zitao said playfully.

And Xiumin laughed.

“I always love it when you call my real name.”

 

 

THE END