Minseok Hates his Friends...Probably

Catboy Intervention

This wasn't how Xiumin though his day would go. 

 

His two best friends, Jongin and Chanyeol, had dragged him out after all of his classes were over, and were now taking him to who knows where. It was around noon, and they weren't even stopping for food. Xiumin had to skip breakfast because he woke up late, and now his friends weren't even gonna get him food, when it was their fault they both decided to take him to some unknown location.

 

Yeah, Xiumin didn't think his day would turn out like this.

 

"Okay, can someone tell me what's going on? Because you guys are acting strange, and we've passed about four different restaurants we could've stopped at to eat. I'm hungry you bastards." Xiumin complained, making Jongin roll his eyes and Chanyeol just ignored Xiumin all together. That really pissed Xiumin off, so he just stopped walking all together, forcing his friends to stop as well. Xiumin could be dead weight when he wanted to, and both Jongin and Chanyeol had a death grip on one hand each.

 

"Both of you spill. What the hell are you guys doing." Jongin and Chanyeol only looked away from Xiumin, not knowing what to say. Xiumin, knowing that his friends wouldn't say, decided to compromise. Just once, because his friends were being stubborn and Xiumin knew he couldn't win this time.

 

"Okay. We're getting lunch, and I will patiently wait for you guys to explain everything. This is the one time I won't beat the answer out of you, so take it. Okay?" Jongin and Chanyeol looked at each other with wide eyes, nodding frantically. Xiumin smirked, he knew his kicks were deadly. Being the school's soccer star had its perks.

 

So twenty minutes later, all three men were sitting in a Korean barbeque place, Xiumin eating two full plates, and maybe getting  a dessert depending on how full he was. Jongin and Chanyeol just ordered one plate for the both of them, they weren't that hungry, plus, they wanted to get to their destination as soon as possible. Jongin was about to talk, but Xiumin beat him to it. And by Xiumin's tone, both men knew they were in for it if they didn't tell Xiumin everything.

 

"Okay, now you guys are gonna tell me everything, or I'll beat up both of you. Right here. So, someone start talking. Preferably Chanyeol, he's easier to intimidate." Chanyeol let out a squawk of indignation, but Jongin's hand on his arm told him to let it slide. Chanyeol huffed, blew some bangs out of his face, and pouted for a little bit. Kai laughed, Xiumin just rolled his eyes.

 

"Well, since there's no way out of it, fine. We've noticed how ever since you and Luhan broke up, you've been......different." Xiumin immediately tensed at Jongin's words. He knew the younger boy was right, but refused to aknowledge it. Xiumin was still madly in love with Luhan, even if the boy had moved on already. They had spent two fabulous years together, and Xiumin wasn't ready to let go just yet.

 

"I don't know what you're talking about Jongin. I'm fine." He put on a fake smile to try and convince his friends of his statement, but beither of them were buying it. They haven't been buying it for tthree months. Both Jongin and Chanyeol were finally sick of Xiumin's 'I am so happy' act.

 

"Shut up hyung. You're not fine. You're still not over the stupid deer, and we're getting worried. Now just sit there, eat the rest of your food, and let us try to help you."  Both Xiumin and Jongin were shocked at Chanyeol's outburst. The giant wasn't one to make people upset, and that definitely hit Xiumin a bit too close to home, but Chanyeol didn't care anymore. One of his best friends was acting like a lovesick teenager, and he wouldn't stand for Xiumin's ridiculous act anymore.

 

"Chan...." Xiumin didn't even have words to speak. So he just kept eating, knowing that if he tried to talk himself out of this again, Chanyeol would kill him. Silence ovetook the three men, no one had any idea what to say after Chanyeol's sudden burst of emotion. But, after a while, Kai got bored, so he started explaining everything to Xiumin again.

 

"So...yeah...Chan and I are worried about you. And you know damn well why. That's why, we've decided you need a......companion, of sorts, when you're at home. Staying in your apartment alone all the time can't be healthy. Especially since you don't go out with us anymore. Ever. You even missed my birthday party, you asshat. I liked the new dancing shoes you got me as an apology, but that really hurt." Jongin explained to Xiumin, who looked and Jongin with guilt in his eyes. But that was soon replaced with curiosity, and a little bit of fear at something else Jongin had said.

 

"Wait, hold up. what do you mean by......companion?" Xiumin questioned Jongin and Chanyeol, who looked scared for a few moments. Just as Chanyeol was about to speak, their bill came, halting the conversation for a while. Chanyeol let out a sigh of relief, and Jongin let his shoulders slump when the check came and distracted Xiumin. When Xiumin was done paying for the food, all three men walked out, Jongin started drag Xiumin again, while Chanyeol stayed behind. To make sure Xiumin didn't run away again.

 

"Ugh, come on guys, just tell me what you guys mean by companion!" Xiumin pretty much shouted, startling Jongin. Chanyeol sighed, and enlighted Xiumin, knowing there was no way out of it anymore.

 

"You're probably gonna hate us for it, but we're getting you a catboy. We know a good place to get them for cheaper than normal, and all of the catboys there are well trained." Xiumin looked at Chanyeol and Jongin with no emotion in his eyes. 

 

Xiumin didn't necessarily dislike catboys, but he dind't like them either. He was very neutral about them, and when he saw someone walking down the street with a catboy following them while on a leash, he felt uncomfortable and looked away. Yes, they were part cat, but they were also part human. And treating any form of human like some household pet made Xiumin extremely uncomfortable.

 

"Really, a catboy? You guys know how I feel about those." Jongin rolled his eyes, while Chanyeol scoffed.

 

"Yeah, well we don't care anymore. You need to get yourself together, otherwise we'll take even more drastic measures past the catboy. Got it?" Chanyeol looked at Xiumin from afar, not taking any more of his friend's bullcrap. Xiumin huffed, glaring at Chanyeol, but soon relented.

 

"Fine. Let's get this over with then." Xiumin wouldn't look either of his friends in the eye as they led him to the catboy adoption center.


They had been walking for a while, the silence tense as Xiumin kept Jongin in the middle of him and Chanyeol. He knew his friends meant well, but Xiumin was pissed he was being forced to take in another being into his apartment. Seeing as Chanyeol was also pissed at Xiumin for resisting their help, even if their help was weird, it was a good idea for Jongin to be in the middle.

 

Suddenly, they stopped, and Jongin spoke for the first time since theystarted walking again.

 

"We're here." When Xiumin looked up, he was surprised.

 

Instead of a cement box-like building, he found himself staring at a two, maybe three story house, with a front porch that had a white awning above the porch, with a fence surrounding the entire thing. The house itself was light blue, with dark blue window sills, and a white roof, and a few windows here and there on each side of the house. Blurs of brown, black, and white hair occasionally ran past the windows.

 

There was a sign out in the front of the yard that said, 'Catboys Up for Adoption Here!!!'

 

When they walked through the door, Xiumin was once again shocked, seeing no cages in sight and all of the catboys either in the living room watching Tom and Jerry, or running after one another upstairs. The place was very homey, and the catboys were obviously enjoying themselves. None of them were malnourished, and the one caretaker he had seen so far wasn't mistreating the catboys.

 

Something changed inside of Xiumin when he saw how things were at this place. Maybe he could give this crazy plan a chance.

 

At the counter stood a man, who was looking down, reading a book, inadvertently showing off his dark red hair. Chanyeol and Xiumin looked at each other, then went to ring the bell to alert the mystery person they were there, while Jongin just stood by, admiring the man like a doofus. When he heard the bell ringing, the man looked up and showcased his wide eyes and heart shaped lips. He looked over each person in front of him, and when he saw Jongin, his whole face lit up into a smile.

 

What shocked Xiumin and Chanyeol was when said mystery man ran up to Jongin and jumped into his arms. And Jongin actually caught him. 

 

"Jonginnie! I didn't know you were coming in today! If I had known, I would've made my lunch break earlier!" Jongin gently let the man in his arms down, and just smiled at him. The mystery man smiled right back, and nuzzled his face into Jongin's chest, with said man's hands running through the red locks of hair.

 

All the while, Xiumin and Chanyeol are still standing in the same place with their mouths wide open. Like fish. And then, Chanyeol had a light-bulb moment.

 

"Wait...is this Kyungsoo?!?!" When Chanyeol said that name, Jongin blushed, the man in Jongin's arms turned around, and Xiumin had the same light-bulb moment, but was then utterly confused again.

 

"Chanyeol, you come here all the time too. How do you not know what Kyungsoo looks like?! The guy is wearing a name tag too!" Xiumin shouted at Chanyeol, making the giant cower in the corner. Kyungsoo looked worried for Chanyeol's well being, until a catboy shrieked so loud, everyone had to cover their ears.

 

"Who in catnips name is bullying MY Channie?!?!"

 

All of a sudden, a catboy came strutting in, hands on his hips, eyeliner on fleek, and just lookin like a sassy in every way. His hair was a light shade of dirty blonde, with his cat ears and tail being the same color as his hair, also having the fur slowly fade into a light chocolate brown. Even though he looked adorale all the time, right now the catboy was murderous.

 

The catboy surprised Xiumin, because his personality was so outgoing and kind of aggressive. Normally catboys are quiet and timid, due to the place they're staying. And Xiumin still wasn't sold on this place that lets people of any kind adopt catboys.

 

 

But this place was definitely not what he was expecting. It was more homely, and the catboys were taken care of very well. It was more humane and they were treated like actual human beings, Xiumin was pleasantly surprised in a good way. He had seen many facilities where catboys were treated like normal housepets, and sometimes even worse. The catboys would be "punished" if one rude was broken, and the catboys who got beaten would  be black and blue for days. Sometimes with scars that would never go away. And also looking for answers.

 

"Baekhyun, it's okay. While Xiumin's question was completely valid, he could've asked in a nicer manner. Right, Xiumin?" Chanyeol went behind the catboy and backhugged him, with him relaxing in Chanyeol's arms completely in a matter of seconds. But even though Chanyeol was smiling at Xiumin, his eyes were screaming something else.

 

"Please Xiumin for the love of God agree with me otherwise we're all going to hell because of Baek's wrath please just listen to me this time." 

 

Xiumin decided to go along with Chanyeol.

 

"Yeah, I didn't mean to yell at you Chan. I'm sorry." The catboy in Chanyeol's arms nodded, and sunk back into Chanyeol's arms while looking at Xiumin and Jognin's faces. Suddenly, his face lit up in realization, and smiled an adorable, but extremely creepy smile.

 

"Wait......Channie's told me about you guys! The handsome tan one is Jongin, and the one with light brown hair and monolids, who is surprisingly built, goddamn, is Xiumin! Am I right?" Xiumin and Jongin looked at Chanyeol, surprise written all over their faces. It was Chanyeol's turn to blush, and Jongin was eating up his chance to embarass Chanyeol.

 

"Hey Chan, who is this? I don't think I've ever heard of this mysterious Baek before. Will you introduce us?" Jongin slowly made his way over to Chanyeol, a teasing tone to his voice. Chanyeol looked down, and Baek looked offended.

 

"Channie, how do they not know about me?! You are going to adopt me when you get out of college, aren't you?!" Chanyeol looked terrified, Jongin was smiling, and once again Xiumin left to watch the hilarious situation unfold.

 

"Of course, of course Baek! You know I will! It's just you've heard enough about my friends to know what they're like. I was protecting you from their teasing wrath. Trust me." Baekhyun looked like he wasn't buying it, but soon after he smiled his adorable smile and hugged Chanyeol again. Chan looked relieved, Jongin and Xiumin were trying to stop themselves from laughing their asses off. Soon enough Chanyeol had enough of being everyone's entertainment, and decided to get back to the reason why they came in the first place.

 

Getting Xiumin a cayboy.

 

"Okay, now that everyone knows who is who, let's get back to getting you a catboy Xiuminnie!!!" Chanyeol said in a sickeningly sweet, high-pitched voice. Xiumin looked about ready to punch Chanyeol in the face, but Baekhyun looked ready to punch Xiumin for even thinking of punching his precious Channie. Kyungsoo suddenly spoke up, looking excited.

 

"You're looking to adopt?! That's great! We haave many kinds of caboys, and everyone varies in personality. Just tell me what you want and I can see if we have someone available." Kyungsoo then went behind the desk, and waited for Xiumin to speak. Considering he was still pretty clueless about what he wanted, Xiumin was sort of nervous. But Chanyeol gave hm a shove towards the counter, so he just let something fly out of his mouth.

 

"Well...I don't really care what he looks like face-wise...um...but I guess I prefer black fur with a few white spots, I find that adorable...and someone that can take care of himself...I'm not at my apartment all the time, I could be away for three to five hours considering my schedule after classes...I'd kind of prefer it if he's quiet, I'm at the top of my class so I need to study a lot, and loud noises don't help me concentrate.......and I think that's it." Xiumin finished, not having anything else to say.

 

Kyungsoo nodded along to everything, and thought of all the cats he had living here. Suddenly, he froze, and his eyes widened to an even larger size than before. He looked at Xiumin for a moment, then at Baekhyun. Now curious, Xiumin also looked to Baekhyun, and was shocked. Baekhyun was looking at him with dead eyes. No emotion ever flitted across his face. Baekhyun slowly moved out of Chanyeol's arms and made his way over to Kyungsoo's desk. 

 

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun had a silent conversation, which ended with Kyungsoo looking down and Baekhyun sighing. No one knew what was going on. Baekhyun just looked at Xiumin again, sighed, and turned back to Kyungsoo.

 

"Bring him in." 

 

Kyungsoo looked reluctant, but slowly nodded and went out of the room. Baekhyun then turned around and looked at Xiumin with hard eyes. He then walks over to Xiumin and gets up in his face, Xiumin not backing down. Even if Baekhyun was freaking him out a little bit.

 

"Listen here and listen good, Xiumin. I have a friend here, and he pretty much fits the description you just gave to Kyungsoo. You'd like him, I have a feeling you would. The thing is, he's been through . Some of it I know, and some of it I don't. All I know is that he's tramuatized. He barely speaks as it is. He only really talks to me and Kyungsoo. He is the closest thing I have to family here. I refuse to let him be hurt again. So if I hear that you so much as hurt him, at all, I will make your life a living hell. Got it?" 

 

Baekhyun had whispered every word in Xiumin's face, knowing he was heard. And now Xiumin didn't know what to think.

 

Xiumin still didn't know what to think about this plan. A catboy would require more money be spent on certain necessities and Xiumin wasn't exactly swimming in cash. His parents boought the apartment for him so he wouldn't have to share a dorm with some drunken party addict. Or something like that, he didn't really remember his parent's reasoning.

 

But it was also the fact that this catboy had problems of his own. Xiumin knew he had problems. He knew that Luhan was his problem, and that he didn't know how to get over him. Luhan was meant so much more, and no one really understood why Xiumin was so hung up on Luhan, except Xiumin himself. He didn't know how to get over him.

 

Xiumin was still not sure of what to do when Kyungsoo came back, looking even more nervous than before. He looked at Baekhyun, nodded, and went back to talking to Jongin. Baekhyun nodded, looking back at Xiumin. The catboy then walked over and whispered one more thing in Xiumin's ear.

 

"Listen. I know you guys have your own problems, but I think he'd be good for you. So before you write him off because he's a catboy, give it some serious thought. Okay?" Baekhyun looked into Xiumin's eyes, telling him one last thing.

 

Please don't be the one to hurt him again.

 

Xiumin nodded, knowing now that he was actually considering this crazy plan his friends cooked up now. Kyungsoo motioned for Xiumin to follow him through the house, the latter not knowing where they were going. Kyungsoo led Xiumin through the house until they went upstairs and went past the windows to the door at the end of the hallway.

 

"This is where we let potential owners meet the catboys they're thinking of adopting. He's waiting in here. Just...if you decide to not adopt him, can you please let him down easy?" Kyungsoo looked at Xiumin with pleading eyes. Xiumin sighed, not really knowing what he was getting himself into, but nodded anyway.

 

Kyungsoo slowly opened the door, and let Xiumin walk into the room.


When Xiumin went through the door, he wasn't sure what he was expecting. But when he stepped through the door, and he honestly thought he was ready for anything. 

 

And yet, he wasn't prepared for the catboy that was in front of him.

 

His hair, not his fur, was black, and flat against his forehead, but still looked extremely fluffy. His ears were sticking straight up, and twitching every now and then. The color of his ears were mainly black, wwith a few tiny white dots here and there. His tail, which was wrapped tightly around his stomach, was the same color as his ears. 

 

Xiumin thought he was adorable. And looking at his face only his increased his adorableness in Xiumin's opinion. The catboy's high cheekbones, bright eyes, and his lips being upturned at the corners just made him the epitome of adorable in Xiumin's opinion.

 

But something was off about him. He seemed scared.

 

Xiumin knew that if a cat's tail is wrapped around his stomach, then it's scared. His ears were no different, the twitching of his ears only increasing the longer the silence went on. When Xiumin looked into the catboy's eyes, he could tell just by glancing that he was scared. Xiumin didn't know what he has been through, but he did know he didn't want to be another thing this catboy had to fear.

 

"Um...K-Kyungsoo said y-you were willing to a...adopt me m-maybe?" The catboy suddenly spoke, but Xiumin almost missed with how soft the catboy's voice was. Xiumin could tell he was still very scared. His cat ears were still twitching, and his tail was also still wrapped around his stomach. The only good thing that happened after he spoke was that he looked a little less tense, which made Xiumin a little more comfortable with talking and not scaring the poor catboy to death.

 

"Yes, Kyungsoo told you right. I'm thinking of adopting you. Would you be okay with telling me your name? Mine name's Xiumin, by the way." Xiumin knew, he couldn't force the catboy into anything. Scared people fight it out or run away, and he doesn't want either of those things to happen right now.

 

Xiumin was shocked with how caring he was towards a catboy he just saw. He was normally cold to people he just met, and to see how considerate he was already to someone that he had barely spoken to. It was scaring Xiumin a little.

 

"U-um......my n-name is......I'm n-not really c-comfortable with s-s-saying my real n-name. Is t-that okay? People n-normally j-just call me Chen a-anyway." Xiumin nodded, he'd be a hypocrite if he didn't let him go by a nickname.

 

"Yes, it's okay Chen. I go by a nickname too. It's perfectly fine. Don't worry about it." Chen relaxed a little more, but not enough to take his tail away from his stomach. His ears had stopped twitching a lot though.

 

"O-Okay then. S-So why m-m-me? I-I'm not a-anything s-s-special." Chen looked at Xiumin confused, as if he wasn't sure why anyone would want him. That broke Xiumin's heart a little. To know that Chen, and others like him thought they weren't worth anything. They thought so little of themselves, thinking they deserve nothing, and Xiumin only felt sorrow when he met someone like that. He always wanted to help them, in anyway he could. Chen was probably one of the worst cases he'd ever seen. Xiumin could tell, just by looking at him, that Chen thought of himself to be worth nothing.

 

And in that moment, Xiumin made a decision.

 

"Because I think everyone deserves to feel loved. Before I came up here, your friend Baekhyun threatened me that I shouldn't hurt you because you had been through stuff." Chen's eyes widened, and his ears started twitching like crazy, his tail had gone extremely stiff. But Xiumin didn't stop there. He was just getting started.

 

"I don't know what you've been through, and I'm never going to force you into telling me. You don't ever have to tell me if you're uncomfortable in telling. And yes, this means I'm going to adopt you, please don't look so shocked. Trust me, I'm serious." Chen had started shaking once he heard he was going to be adopted, and with Xiumin slowly creeping closer to him, Chen's senses had shut down.

 

He hadn't heard words like that from anyone, for his previous owner never said nice things to him, and the last adoption center he was at was just plain disgusting and awful. Chen had a hard time trusting anyone, even Baekhyun and Kyungsoo, who had been nothing but nice to him. Chen had been hurt too many times in the past, and him trusting someone now was almost an impossibility.

 

But for some strange reason, he somewhat trusted what Xiumin was saying. Or at least, he wanted to trust the words coming out of Xiumin's mouth.

 

"I know you probably don't fully trust what I'm saying right now. But give me a chance. Everyone deserves to feel loved, in some way. Because everyone's worth it, including you." 

 

By the end of his speech, Xiumin was now stading right in front of Chen, who had tears streaming down his face. It took Chen a while to respond, but soon enough he slowly nodded, his eyes clenched shut, barely being able to speak. Xiumin smiled, and slowly brought his hand up to gently scratch behind Chen's ears. For a split second, Chen tensed up again, but soon relaxed and began to quietly purr from the attention being brought to the base of his ears.

 

"Come on Chen, let's get you to your new home." Xiumin quietly whispered. Chen looked up into Xiumin's eyes, his gaze still dominated by fear, but now Xiumin could also see a tiny spark of excitement.

 

Xiumin didn't notice he hadn't thought about Luhan ever since he laid eyes on Chen.


I AM SO SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG PLEASE FORGIVE ME.

Honestly I'm having a hard time writingat the moment. Mother nature decided to send me a gift.

I hate my life at the moment.

But enough about that. I promise I'll do better with updating. I PROMISE.

Also, don't forget to upvote and comment and subscribe!!! This news makes me happy.

To all of the people that are already subscribed, CANDY FOR EVERYONE!!!!!! *IT'S RAINING CANDY WHEREVER YOU ARE NOW*

Okay. Bye now!!!

~~~~~~~bubbles1765