i...

Imperfect Perfection

Imperfect Perfection

Story draft no. 2

 

 

Note: This is merely just an edited version of Imperfect Perfection. There will be major differences between the two fanfictions but I can assure you that this fic is written by the same author; me. I am in fact turning this fluffy fanfic into an angsty disarray of emotions. I can’t promise anything.


 

‘It is how you view perfection.’

 

He finally had enough.

 

He was never the little prince that everybody claims him to be.

He was Lu Han.

_

 

You must start at the very bottom in order to reach the top. This doesn’t apply to everyone but it certainly applies to Lu Han.

His life back when he was a child was very different when compared to his current life. He was left to rot by his parents who didn’t want to carry responsibilities.

He was unwanted.

A disgrace.

He was salvaged by a farmer that was living near the river that he was left alone in. He thought of taking care of the child but because having a hard time attending to his land, he just couldn’t.

 He surrendered him in Angel’s Breath Orphanage- a dilapidated orphanage in an isolated area of Han Shim District down South, under Miss Jung’s care.

He lived an empty life, playing when he needed to, crying when he needed to, laughing and socializing when he needed to.

He rarely did what he wanted. He caged in himself in nightmares of his mother’s faked smile as she held him close and a man’s retreating figure not so far from them.

He was raised as a relatively normal child, and was able to attend school just like the kids living with him.

At age twelve, his life took a sharp turn when he was sponsored by Mr. and Mrs. Oh, the founders of O’Dein Banks. He didn’t know how or why but he somehow appealed to the Ohs when the couple paid a visit on the said orphanage.

 

They called it ‘The Visiting Breaks’

The day of the visits came and Headmistress Jung had been ushering the kids to clean up after themselves and be at their best behavior for that day had been a special event wherein Parents from all over Five Districts will pay the orphanages a visit.

 During their ‘visit’, they have to choose a child to adopt or support. This occasion is done yearly to help orphanages gain donors. The government did arrange for minimal help after all and they could only frown at that.

-

12-year old Lu Han scrunched his face as Lady Lee scrubbed the dirt off his skin leaving it tender to the touch. Lu Han couldn’t see the need of being pampered by Lady Lee because he is not a child anymore.

He is... well, a boy.

He is capable enough, he believes.

“You need to learn your manners, young man.” Lady Lee huffed as she washed the boy.

The frown remained on the said boy’s face, “How can I learn my manners when I don’t even have one? You just said so yourself.”

Lady Lee looked at him sharply and kept mum.

_

Lu Han needed an escape. He could barely breathe with all the guests and children that were camped up inside the small receiving area.

He could already hear the snide comments of the couples-especially the wives. They were like bees buzzing the hell out of him.

‘Sorry for wasting your time, then.’ He thought and rolled his eyes.

He brightened up when he finally saw a clearing void of fancy up-dos and gelled-up hair and he immediately dashed through it.

He ended up loitering around the poorly managed garden just around the corner of the Orphanage where he saw Mr. and Mrs. Oh; he still didn’t know them during that time.

They were sitting on the grass under the shade of an old oak tree. Its branches looked like arms seemingly attempting to embrace the skies. Its lush green leaves dancing with the whispers of the wind.

He hid behind a small, mossy shrubbery and peeked at the couple. He stared at them for the longest time. His doe eyes unblinking, focusing on a rare sight that he longs to see. Because what he saw was love...and it’s true.

He continued watching the couple until it was time for him to go back inside. He smiled genuinely, his eyes crinkling as he made his way out of his hiding spot but it was immediately wiped out from his face as he joined the crowd once again.

Oblivious to him, Mrs. Oh had sensed his eyes on them. Nothing triggered her instincts so she remained calm in the arms of her loving husband. She was turning old and soon she’ll crumble without seeing her own son.  

She let the child’s stare linger, a sense of longing forming in her chest. The boy reminded her of her son.

Lu Han was then called in by Headmistress Jung and told that he gained a family who was willing to support him financially.

“They didn’t consider adoption but it really is much better to have someone supporting you, you know? So don’t sulk.” Headmistress Jung murmured, adjusting her spectacles, her head obstructed from view by towers of files and documented folders.

­_

Age 17;

“You were scouted to be an idol, Ge?” Little Xing, a five-year old kid he treasured like his own brother adamantly bothered him by asking the same question for the fifth time that day.

Lu Han looked at him inquisitively. It seemed to him that there was something that was bothering Xing-the little boy’s furrowed eyebrows and puffed out cheeks were enough to confirm his assumption.

He met Yi Xing or Xing; a small nickname that the children came up with, when he was fifteen.  The child was still a little over three-years old when he was first admitted into the orphanage.

The Headmistress was very skeptical about taking the child in because the number of orphans under her wing weren’t lessening and the insufficient amount of  income that the small orphanage gets will be a problem soon enough-especially with another addition to the family.

But with one innocent look in the child’s innocent eyes, she caved in. Now, Xing was a healthy five-year old boy.

“Xing-ah...”

I...Then you’re going to leave Xing too? Everybody does. [Double-meaning aleeeert!]Xing looked at his feet as he played with his small, chubby hands.

He was about to speak up when the child hugged his legs, catching him off-guard.

The child nuzzled his head at his legs, for it was all that he could reach. He looked at Lu Han, his dull eyes b with tears.

With a broken voice, Xing murmured, “...but I don’t want you to leave me.”

Lu Han could only look at him hopelessly, a pained smile stretched on his face, “I’ll visit.”

-

He closed his eyes, a deep, penetrating expression crosses his face and in a deep breath.

‘5...4...’

It’ll start soon...

‘...3...’

Soon enough...

‘...2...’

It’s too late for regrets.

‘...one.’

a single spotlight was , a cue for the thundering cheers.

He starts to sing, his name being chanted loudly by his fans.

As the spotlight concentrates on him, he shines...and he knows that he is not what he used to be.

A part of him is slipping away from him. He is a renewed version of the orphan named Lu Han.