Chapter 2 : His Regrets

Semblances Of Regret ( A SasuHina)




 

His thoughts kept reeling back to her. Back to the woman he had left for dead in the alleyway. He was tired. Blood was splattered all over his shirt and jeans.

It hurt to think. Hurt to feel the sorrow seep into his mind.

Why? Why did she have to do it? What had Sakura done to her?

Why couldn't she had kept herself by his side quietly?

She was, afterall, his mistress and that was all she was supposed to be him.

What had caused her to change so drastically? Was it him that had done this to her? Did he push her to take this road and become this... this monster?

No.

Hinata wasn't the monster that stood in front of him minutes ago. She was sweet... and caring... and loving... Everything Sakura wasn't.

Sakura... Hinata... Everything seemed to come back to these two women.

Sakura was the women he was supposed to love with his whole heart. She was the woman that would mother his children and keep his house warm. She was the woman who he was supposed to be with for the rest of his life.

Even though everyone told him that this was just a phase all husbands went through but he couldn't help but feel so lost. They said it was normal for him to start being annoyed at hearing Sakura's voice. Normal for him to hate seeing Sakura's pixie face.

Normal to Hate everything that he used to love so much about Sakura.

But how, how could he continue to love a person that was slowly killing him on the inside?

He was deteriorating the more time he spent in her arms. So he found a way out of it all. And It came in the form of one Hinata Hyuuga.

He knew it wasn't right in the beginning to love a woman and want another. Sakura was what his heart was supposed to want and yet... his heart and body chose Hinata.

They were complete opposites. Hinata who was so caring and Sakura who was selfish and cared about herself only. Sakura who worried about painting her toes and styling her hair more than taking care of him. Sakura who busied herself with her friends and shopping more than being at home with him.

The things his wife was supposed to do, his mistress did ten times better.

There was Hinata. Hinata who would cook him food and listen to his worries. Hinata who kept his heart warm. Hinata who would love him wholeheartedly. Hinata who doted on him and put him at the top of her priority list. Hinata who trusted him with everything she was.

The same Hinata who he killed with his bare hands.

He was rash. He had killed Hinata and now he had lost both.

Although he was sure that he hated Sakura more than he loved her now, but hearing the news of her death sent him into a panic. Sent him into such a great panic that he took it upon himself to revenge Sakura and shoot Hinata down. The Hinata that he was assured he loved with his whole heart and soul.

What was he doing? He must have gone crazy!

But he had done it.

And the proof was still clutched tightly in his hands. He wanted to discard it.

Leave behind the memories of what happened just minutes ago.

But why... why did her face keep haunting him?

Her blood red lips, smirking with indifference even as he gave her the last blow.

He wasn't the monster... no... Hinata was! She begged for it! She taunted him and it gnawed at his conscience. He didn't know what came over him!
It was a mistake!

A mistake that he was starting to regret with his whole being.

----x----

He was ready now after trailing the almost empty streets for hours on end. He was ready to face the worst. With a sigh, he swung the oaken door of his house open with a jerk.

He expected to see Sakura's horrified expression ingrained on her pixie face as she was surrounded by trails of her own blood.

He expected to see the most gruesome scene that would break his heart even more and yet nothing was amiss.

The house was warm and the lights were on. He could smell apple and cinnamon and the warmth that was always there. There was flashing lights from their Christmas tree and he could hear Christmas music playing in the background. If he wasn't wrong the song playing was 'Last Christmas'. The song that Sakura and him danced to before he proposed to her on Christmas.

Everything seemed normal beyond belief.

But then where... where... was his wife, Sakura?




 

-------end-------
 

I don't know who's more crazy.... Hinata or Sasuke or maybe it's me. From Sasuke's standpoint you can see he's one indecisive son of a gun.

He says he loves Hinata... Yet he killed her because of Sakura... Think what you may of it.

I might continue this in Sakura's pov and different peoples later or something.

Thank you for reading!