I Love You, Goodbye

Waeyo

SNSD Dorm - Yuri's room

Somewhere around end of 2014 (after Sica left the group)  

--

Sunny sat beside Yuri who was sitting on the floor. Yuri notices her fellow member but rather than greeting the other, she continues to do what she was doing which is listening to music. Listening to music is one of Yuri’s way to relax.

“What’s with the sad songs?”Sunny asked.

“Nothing I just feel like listening to them once in a while to relax.”

“You’re weird.”

Yuri glared at Sunny who was also listening to the sad song. With one look, she knows why the shorter girl was inside her room. And it’s not to insult Yuri’s weird relaxing habit, it’s because she wanted someone to talk to. Yuri does not know why but the members will often share their problems with her first. It’s not like she gives the best advice but maybe because... she just...well actually Yuri has no clue why. Right now, she has an idea what could be bothering Sunny, SNSD’s energy pill. It’s very rare for Sunny to open up about something. Sunny always acts cute in front of camera is actually very secretive or private. For example, it was months after before Sunny admitted to the members that she and Hyomin were dating. Not that everyone already knows about it. “Hyomin?”Yuri asked knowing that Hyomin is the only thing that could bother SNSD’s energy pill.

Sunny released a sigh.

“What? Is Hyomin creeping you out again?”Yuri asked in a teasing tone. It’s not it’s something new to them. Hyomin is very expressive of her feelings and not to mention Hyomin has a weird way of showing her affection. It can be a little creepy. Hyomin was worse a few years back like during IY days.

Sunny shakes her head.

Yuri notices that it must be something serious. She wonders if it was because the sad music in the background is also affecting the mood.

“I’m... I’m breaking up with Hyomin.” Sunny stated flatly and directly. She does not know how to say it so she just blurted out what has been in her mind for who knows how long.

Yuri was left speechless. She know Sunny will never joke about this kind of thing. She tried to open to ask “What?!!! Are you serious?! You’ve been together like 5 years!!! Like unbelievably 5 years!” Instead, Yuri was only able to ask, “What?”

“You heard me. I’m breaking up with Hyomin.” Sunny repeated calmly.

Sunny being calm is what scares Yuri. She knows that Sunny is still trying to suppress her feelings. Like the saying that silent water runs deep. “I don’t understand.”

“It’s not like none of you expected it.”

“Yeah! If you asked us 4 or 5 years ago. But the two of you have consistently proven us wrong.”

Sunny kept quiet.

“Why now?”

“Why not?”

“Sunny what is the problem? Is there someone else?”

“No! No, there is no one else. Our relationship is the problem. We’ve been dating for 5 years yet we haven’t even gone to 5 dates. You say we are in a relationship but what is our relationship? We hardly even see each other. Not even talk... so what? Our relationship is based on messages?”

“Since when has the busy schedule bothered you?”Yuri asked. She is wanted to know how long has Sunny been thinking about this and why.

"Like in any relationship, it's gonna take it's toll."

"Unlike just any relationships, the two of you have survived what no other relationships in this industry can. Heck even in the whole world. I mean the two of you have survived the two biggest scandals. T-ara's and the recent one...which is...Sica no longer being part of the group." Yuri mumbled the last part but Sunny heard it.

Sunny knows Sica leaving the group was hardest on Yuri. 

“Do you still love Hyomin?” Yuri asked.

“What?”

“Have you fallen out of love with Hyomin?”Yuri asked out of concern. She is in fact friends with the two of them.

“No! I love Hyomin!”

“Then?”

“I just think I can never measure up with Hyomin’s love...”

“That is crazy! Since when did you measure love?”

“Hyomin deserves better. Someone who can treat her better. Someone better...than me.”

“Do you hear yourself, Soonkyu?”

“Yul, you know Hyomin. She wouldn’t say anything but I know she is hurting and having a hard time. She needs someone who can be there for her whenever she needs... I am not that person...”

Yuri fell silent. She slumps her back to the side of the bed. She does not know what to say to her friend. Sunny sounds decided but she knows that Sunny is still having second thoughts. She didn’t need to tell her friend to think about it because Sunny has been thinking about it and still thinking about it.

Like Yuri, Sunny also slumps her back to the side of Yuri’s bed. She thoughts that maybe talking to Yuri will help clear her mind. Who knows how long she has been thinking about this. Well it did help clear her mind. She has been decided on what she was going to do. But it does not help remove the heaviness she's been carrying inside her chest. Actually, it became worst.

No one was talking, both were in deep thoughts. They just let the music fill the room.

 

Oh I don’t wanna leave you

Baby it tears me up inside

I’ll never the one you’re needing

 

I love you...

Goodbye

 

Oh how the song fits so perfectly with Sunny’s situation. Such irony...

The pain in Sunny’s chest only became heavier that she leans her head onto Yuri’s shoulder.

 

Baby it’s never gonna work out

 

I love you,

Goodbye

 

And on that last note, Sunny cried. She poured all the feelings she's been trying to supress,Yuri hugged Sunny trying to comfort her hurting friend.

--

 

The song is suggested by Browtogs09 my partner-in-crime and fellow Team Angst! :D it's a really good song but really really sad too.