Day 5 - Ugly Christmas Sweater

It's Yeollie Krismas time!

Username: userinfo.gif?v=17080?v=134.4phoelfish
Prompt: wearing ugly christmas jumpers
Title: Ugly Christmas Sweater
Rating: PG-13
Word count: 800+
Summary: Yifan and Chanyeol wear ugly Christmas sweaters.
Notes: ----




 


 



“It’s not my style.” Yifan said, shaking his head in disagreement. His lips forming a pout and he furrowed his thick eyebrows.

Chanyeol snorted. He put down the white-ferret-printed sweater. It was cute, reminding him of his pet back then.

They had been doing this for a couple hours. Entering and getting out from every shop available in Myeongdong, looking for cute ugly Christmas sweater. There was a gathering event at Baekhyun’s villa next weekend and usually they would have Christmas sweater show off, displaying who had the cutest or the ugliest sweaters. 

It was Yifan’s first time hanging out with his circle of friends hence Chanyeol wanted to have matching sweater. He thought it would be looked cute and adorable and Chanyeol just loved to have same thing with Yifan (no, he wasn’t being childish nor possessive, it’s just looked good for couple).

“Hyung, what kind of sweater that you want actually?”

“Actually, ugly Christmas sweater is not my style.”

Chanyeol groaned. What the hell? But, the answer was clearly expected coming from someone like Wu Yifan. He must’ve preferred something branded like Prada and the rest that Chanyeol didn’t bother to remember. 

In Yifan’s defense, he just wanted to have the best sweater to wear, even though it had the word ‘ugly’ in it. He was an architect, working in infamous construction company. He despised looking unfashionable. 

“Hyung, we are just going to hang out with a bunch of college students. Not a business meeting or gala.”

“Still, I don’t want your friends to make fun of me!”

To be honest, Chanyeol's friends, who were consisted of ten college students, would never looked Yifan down. Heck, if anything they were adored Yifan like a ing fangirls. They always gushed at how lucky Chanyeol for having a rich, handsome, and smart boyfriend. It's getting annoying actually for Chanyeol. Hey, he wasn't that bad. Hence, he wanted to make a claim to Yifan at this event by wearing a couple thing (hell yes he was possessive, so what?!).

“You know what, hyung, let’s just go home!” He dragged Yifan from the shopping district, steps heavy. He was annoyed, tired, and freezing. The night was getting chillier, his immune system was bad recently. He just wanted to be buried under his blanket.

“But, we still aren’t getting any sweaters!”

“Let me take care of it later. Now, I want to cuddle with you!” Sweater could be damned. He didn’t even care if they didn’t join the sweater competition or whatsoever.

Yifan had the every right to be worried. Chanyeol’s fashion sense barely existed.



The couple was planning to have another sweater hunt the next day. Unfortunately for Yifan, an important client decided to reschedule the meeting hence he had to stay behind at the office for extra hours. It left Chanyeol to do the hunting alone. The older male texted Chanyeol an apology and asked him not to look for weird things. Chanyeol tended to be unique sometimes, in a not pleasant way.

“So, Yifan left me to search for our sweater by myself. What should I look for?” Chanyeol asked his best friend, Kyungsoo, at their class break. 
Kyungsoo rolled his big owl eyes up in thinking position. “Actually, I planned on designing mine and Jongin’s. None caught our eyes at the mall.”

“That’s nice! What should I design for mine and Yifan’s?”

“Well, something like galaxy on it, perhaps. You said that guy was head over heels for galaxy."

"Yeah, you are right. Hmm, I got some of the idea already."

By designing it himself, he would be able to make, not only cute, but also declaring a statement that Yifan was his on the sweaters. That's sounded like a plan.




The week ended so fast without everyone realized and suddenly they were in three different cars on the way to Baekhyun's cabin at the countryside. Chanyeol rode with Baekhyun and Joonmyun using Yifan's car, meanwhile the other were splitted in to maknaes Zitao and Sehun's brand new cars. 

Yifan and Chanyeol barely talked the previous days, blame Yifan's works. He didn't have the time to ask about their sweater and when he texted Chanyeol about it, the younger refused to answer properly.

"I got it covered, hyung. Don't worry!" he sealed the deal with a kiss. Something that become Yifan's weakness. Yifan couldn't be more worried. College students these day was worrisome. 

"We are here!" Baekhyun's loud voice brought Yifan to a halt. He had spent the 3 hours drive by overthinking about a ing sweater. How considerate. Maybe he should trust his boyfriend for once. Chanyeol's a puppy and puppy's harmless.



Yifan was ing wrong!

“What is this Chanyeol?!”

“Our sweaters, dummy!”

There’s now this ugly sweater was his. 

“I design it myself!”

It had dark green color with star shaped dots that formed what he supposed to be galaxy. There was big picture of Chanyeol’s grin in the middle of it, decorated with a line of small socks underneath, meanwhile the younger had his poker face at the front of the sweater, completed with deer horns. 

“Cute, right?” Chanyeol grinned at him, he had to admit it’s cute, Chanyeol he meant.

He was forced to wear the sweater because he didn’t bring extra clothing aside from his coat and the group decided to do ice skating outside.
“Seriously, hyung, it’s supposed to be ugly Christmas sweater, but you look hot!” Baekhyun wiggled his eyebrows at him.

“ off, Baek! He’s taken.”

Yifan laughed and hugged Chanyeol closer by his waist. It’s cold outside, but luckily the sweater was warm. He might end up wearing it all winter.