Jongdae speaks his mind

Electric Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N

Hey, first I wanted to wish Happy New Year for everyone! I hope 2016 is lots and lots better than 2015! 

So this is my first update of the year! Hope you guys like it :)

(I'd love if you guys commented what you're expecting for this fic because I kind of ran out of ideas)

Thank you 

xoxo

 

****

 

Minseok had only left a day ago and Jongdae felt really stupid because he was missing him so much. The problem was that it was pretty much his own fault that Minseok was even gone. Minseok would have stayed if Jongdae wasn't such an and kicked him out of his room.

Jongdae had texted Chanyeol asking if Minseok had made alright to LA, but Chanyeol said that he didn’t come back yet and asked if everything was okay. Jongdae ignored all his messages in favor of the thought that Minseok was still in New York, probably in that Baekhyun guy house and they could be probably ing right now. Jongdae was very, very stupid.

The more Jongdae thought about the things he had refused to think about before, the more he realized just how much he missed Minseok. And the more he thought about that, the more he realized what an idiot he was. Just ? Really?

 Jongdae had failed to take into account that Minseok was pretty much his favorite member of the band - even though he tried not to show it. While the was amazing, incredible, mind-blowing awesome, Jongdae enjoyed spending time with Minseok. He liked to spend time composing with him and watching Minseok play with the bass strings with such acknowledge and skill, creating fantastic lines in minutes. He enjoyed eating junk food with Minseok and watching him struggle to tear the ketchup sachet apart and the way that would get frustrated and would just rip it with his teeth, just like he did to rip the package of a . He liked the way that Minseok could still sit and watch movies with him and then out of nowhere he crawl over Jongdae, kiss him until he was out of breath and then cuddle with him until they fell asleep. Minseok liked to swoop in for stealth kisses, and sometimes it didn't even turn into . Sometimes it was just a quick peck on the lips and Jongdae liked that. It was comfortable and new at the same time. It was exciting and fun.

Maybe Jongdae was a little bit in love. Or, you know. A lot. Yeah. Maybe a lot in love.

ing hell.

 

****

 

"'Jongdae?" Junmyeon asked through the phone, completely worried.

 "I'm in love, Junmyeon," Jongdae said with a smile. "In ing love."

Junmyeon was silent for a minute. "With Minseok?"

"Yeah." Jongdae was successful in keeping the ridiculously happy sigh from slipping out. Not so much with the big- romantic smile, though. He was really glad Junmyeon wasn't there to make fun of him. There was a reason he had decided to tell him over the phone.

"Jongdae."

"Yeah?" He was still sort of daydreaming about Minseok's smile.

 "I'm happy for you. I really am."

Junmyeon's tone pulled Jongdae back to the conversation. "But...?"

"It's just... If it gets ed up, you're going to be the one who has to go. You know that, right? They won't get rid of him."

"I know," Jongdae said softly. That was the biggest reason he was unsure about trying to start something serious with Minseok. Jongdae ing enjoyed being in the band now. Chanyeol even said that his lyrics were good and that they should put one in the album. "But I don't know if I can, you know, not."

Junmyeon sighed. "I get that," And then he seemed to be done with the warnings. "Because you're in love." Junmyeon finally sounded like she was smiling, which made Jongdae start smiling again.

"Yeah, I kind of am." Jongdae accidentally let out the most embarrassing ing giggle that had ever left his mouth.

"Aww, Jongdae, you're in love!" Junmyeon said in a high-pitched, girly voice.

"Ok, that’s enough," Jongdae told him.

 "Yeah, yeah. Sorry. Wanna get food later? I know you’re due to LA tomorrow." Junmyeon asked, changing the subject.

"Yeah, text me where."

"All right. See you later."

 

****

 

Jongdae spent all the eight hours of the horrible flight between New York and LA running through all kinds of scenarios in his head. They included, in no particular order:

a) The one where he told Minseok he loved him and Minseok laughed in his face and said all they had been awesome but casual ;

b) The one where he told Minseok he loved him and Minseok sharply told him he didn't want him anymore, that he was so over him;

c) The one where Minseok was also in love with him and they lived happily ever after;

d) The one where they got together, there was lots of fantastic , and then Minseok realized what a jackass Jongdae really was and broke up with him;

e) The one where they got together, there was lots of fantastic , and then Minseok realized what a jackass Jongdae really was and broke up with him. And kicked him out of the band.

f) the one where Minseok told Jongdae he liked the , he really did, but he was totally straight and he'd really just been experimenting with Jongdae and all he really wanted was to find a nice girl to marry with and then have kids and live in a house with yellow fences and a dog;

By the time Jongdae's plane landed in LA, he had made up and changed his mind approximately 328 times about whether or not to tell Minseok how he felt.

 

****

 

"What are you doing here?" Jongdae asked when he got off the plane and saw that Chanyeol was the one waiting for him.

"Oh, yeah, it's nice to see you too, Jongdae! Why, yes, I'm doing just fine, thanks for asking! Of course, you missed me, for I am awesome," Chanyeol said with pointed fake enthusiasm.

 Jongdae ducked his head. "Sorry. How are you, for real?" he asked.

"I'm good," Chanyeol said with his usual big grin. He hugged Jongdae tight, obviously excited to see him.

"Good. But seriously, what are you doing here? You hate driving," Jongdae reminded him. There was definitely a reason picking people up on airports was Junmyeon’s duty. It may have to do with Junmyeon being in New York and Chanyeol's white-knuckled hands on the steering wheel and the expletives he often yelled at the taxis and buses and cars trying to pick up or drop off passengers.

Chanyeol put his arm around Jongdae and started helping Jongdae with his baggage. "Well, Junmyeon's not here obviously. Kyungsoo had some stuff to do and Minseok... Let's just say Minseok nominated me to pick you up."

"Of course," Jongdae said. "I'm not exactly surprised."

"Yeah," Chanyeol said, drawing out the word. "But we're meeting my baby for lunch. We have some things to discuss with you."

"Oh. I'm not going to like this, am I?" Jongdae asked.

“It depends. If you give the right answers to our deep and profound questions, then I think you'll be just fine."

"And if I don't?" Jongdae asked warily.

"If you don't, then Kyungsoo will be happy to explain why his nickname is Satansoo." Chanyeol happily informed him.

"Excellent."

 

****

 

Kyungsoo was already waiting for them at the coffee shop. Once Jongdae and Chanyeol bought their food and sit on the table, Kyungsoo gave Jongdae a calm smile. "Hey Jongdae," was all he said.

"You’re acting weird,” Jongdae observed. “What’s going on?"

"Something bad, I guess."

Chanyeol jumped in with, "So, Jongdae. You know how Minseok ran away to New York because he missed your stupid face so much he couldn't function? And then he came home, like, three days later?"

"I thought he went to New York to meet with a friend?" Jongdae asked and then, "Wait, what?" as he registered the part about Minseok missing him that much.

"What did you do to break him? Because, let me tell you, he has not been fun to be around since then." Chanyeol said.

"Seriously. He's been awful. I was about to call you to find out what was wrong with him," Kyungsoo said. "He hasn’t been eating properly and I even made spaghetti kimchi for him, you know he loves it, and he didn’t even touch the food. All Minseok does now is locking himself up in his room and broke strings of his bass. And you know how thick bass strings are.”

“We don't really know what to do since he doesn’t talk to us. But we know you will talk. What the hell did you do to him?" Chanyeol asked.

"Hm. I don't know?" Jongdae tried.

“Yeah, I don't believe you," Chanyeol said. "You need to fix him, Jongdae. Seriously. He's driving us crazy and I think it might possibly be worse with you here. I don't know how we're going to keep the recording up." Chanyeol stopped sounding blithe and started sounding really worried.

"We really need to get our together. The label has been pressuring us to finish recording. You need to fix him." Kyungsoo pleaded.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter