Jongdae meets Indigo Kid and falls for Minseok

Electric Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N

So here's the first chapter! Hope you guys enjoy it! <3

 

****

 

Jongdae first learned about the Kinsey scale when he was about fifteen. And if zero is completely heteroual and six is completely homoual, Kim Jongdae was a three. So very much a three.

 He likes girls. They're soft and pretty and, yeah, he's kind of a er for high heels and short skirts. He loves long straight hair and red lipstick, and dude, s. Seriously, s are nothing short of amazingly, incredibly awesome.

He doesn't think it's particularly chauvinistic of him to enjoy occasionally being the dominant, the alpha around a girl. He doesn't ever treat a girl like she's weak or anything - because he knows that women aren't - but sometimes it's kind of nice to be called in to kill a spider or lift something heavy for them.

He loves with girls and driving them crazy with his hands, his mouth and his . He likes to go down on women, which apparently some guys don't. He doesn't understand how anyone could not like it; the way it makes them arch underneath him and yank at his hair. The way their thighs shake and they're dripping wet, and the way they cry out his name when they come. It's just so ing good.

Yeah. Jongdae really, really likes girls.        

But he also really, really likes boys.

Their bodies, their muscles, their strength. Jongdae loves it when guys take the lead and shove him into a wall to kiss him or blow him or better, to him.

And, speaking of ing, their . While more domineering women aren't really his type, Jongdae knows that when it comes to guys, he's a total bottom. He likes ing boys, but being ed is so much better. He can't think of anything better than a big, thick stretching him, filling him up. Except maybe the feeling of his buried deep in a girl's . Or, better yet, both at once. Sadly, it hadn’t happened yet.

To be honest, it’s actually possible that Jongdae just really enjoys good . 

So basically, when Jongdae met Minseok, he knew he was ed. If he ed up his big chance with Indigo Kid, Junmyeon would skin him alive mercilessly. And it would be not because he was the Indigo Kid’s manager or because he the one whose was indicating Jongdae as a replacement for the former guitarist, Yixing – apparently the guy flipped the out and came back to China - but because he knew Kim Jongdae could be a little irresponsible er when he wanted to. This band was the kind of the furthest thing a guy like him could get.

Everything would be fine. Golden.

 

****

 

It's such a cliché. Everything was fine. Until. One. Day.  The big day had come and when Jongdae got off the plane in Los Angeles, he spotted Junmyeon at the arrivals waiting for him. Junmyeon, while driving to the house the band was sharing for the season and for the creation of the new album, scolded him like he always did. Sometimes, Jongdae thought that Junmyeon was under the impression of being his mother or his babysitter, because he always said the same kind of things. “Don’t drink too much, don’t abuse drugs, don’t around with all the fans,” he said. It just made Jongdae want to get so ing wasted that he barely remembered his name while ing every girl or boy he could get.

Indigo Kid was a successful indie band considering that all the indie bands that came from South Korea to the US didn’t get nowhere past the airport. Partly, it was because the style of their music was very similar to the occidental bands and because half of their songs were written and sung in English, which gave them more audience since people were still very reluctant to Korean. Jongdae wasn’t very keen on sneaking into bands he didn’t know the members mostly because he still had the utopia that a band should be formed with childhood friends who practiced in their garages. However, life woke his up to reality with a slap. Jongdae had a band along with his three best friends; Tao, Luhan and Yifan, but they sort of kicked him out. They had a reason – if not showing up to the biggest concert of their lives was a valid one – but Jongdae was sure that taking his name out of the band’s website even before they told him that he was out was a move. Those ers. Anyways, Jongdae didn’t need them.

So when Junmyeon called him, after he was kicked out and was jobless, saying that Jongdae was the only available guitarist with an American visa he knew and asked him to move to LA by the end of the week to work with Indigo Kid, there was no way he could say no.

Junmyeon picked him up at the airport and drove them for a few minutes until they were in front of a very typical American house, with white fences and wrap-around porches. The moment Jongdae stepped into the living room, which was filled with instruments, scattered cables on the floor and a half-empty bottle of vodka, he was sure that accepting Junmyeon’s invitation was the best choice of his life. 

There were two guys sprawled on the couch, one of them playing a very soft tune on the guitar as the other hummed to its rhythm. The third guy was sitting on the floor, tapping his finger to the melody, writing down the notes of whatever they were playing on a notebook.

“Hey guys, so this is Jongdae,” Junmyeon said, pointing to Jongdae and the three of them looked up at the stranger. “I know that you don’t know each other and that kind of , but desperate solutions comes with unexpected situations. I hope he’s okay for the time.”

“He’ll do. It’s just temporary anyways. We just need someone to record the guitar parts and the backing vocals,” Chanyeol said, looking at Jongdae and smiling. “But if he’s very good, he could become a real member after all. We still have no one in mind for the spot.”

“You guys know that I don’t want to replace Yixing in anyway.” Junmyeon said after a long minute of awkward silence.

“Yeah, we know that.” Kyungsoo reassured.

“Besides, we know that Yixing is kind of irreplaceable to you.” Chanyeol muttered under his breath and Junmyeon’s scandalized look was hilarious.

“What are you even suggesting?” Junmyeon asked outraged but Jongdae could care less to what the guys were talking because when he dared to look at the guy that was sitting on the ground, he couldn’t take his eyes off him.

After a brief, stunned moment, Jongdae managed to look forward again, helped along, no doubt, by the obnoxious and ridiculous argue between Junmyeon and Chanyeol while Kyungsoo tried to chill out the situation. But Minseok was staring at him, smiling softly and clueless. As he paid more attention, he heard Junmyeon's, "Shut up," and Chanyeol's answering, "No, you shut up." 

“How about you show us what you came here to?” Minseok suggested with a grin and Jongdae almost fainted. 

 

****

 

Jongdae was in trouble. Big trouble.

He was living with Indigo Kid for about three months. They rehearsed all of the old songs so Jongdae knew how to play them at some possible concert they would do and they started working on the new album. The concept was very pretentious, writing a whole story about a couple through the songs and Chanyeol had suggested it, so he was mostly in charge with the lyrics department. Jongdae wasn’t part of the band, but it was very cool to come up with a chorus he had written and actually have people interested on what he had written. In his old band he didn’t have much of participation besides singing what Yifan told him to. Yifan and Luhan were very strict when it came to what they’re going to play, usually ignoring Jongdae’s and Tao’s suggestions. When Chanyeol actually read what he wrote and said the chorus was nice, that they could use it somewhere, Jongdae thought how cool a band was when he actually could voice his ideas.

But living with Indigo Kid also meant he got to see Minseok all the time. In the morning over coffee, when he cooked eggs and bacon for everyone. When he fought with Chanyeol for the leftovers of Chinese food. Or when he went for a morning run at six in the morning and came back home all sweaty in a tight white t-shirt and loose sweatpants. Or when Chanyeol and Kyungsoo decide to and Jongdae couldn’t stand the because their rooms were next door and he had to go to the living room and sit with Minseok, who always said along the lines of "I’m just flipping channels, Jongdae, seriously. Not watching Honey Boo Boo, I swear." Or even worse, after a shower, when he ran into a still wet Minseok covered only by a towel slung low on his hips, showing off his incredible arms and that amazing abs that was just screaming touch me, Jongdae. 

But yeah. Big, big trouble. That was what he told Junmyeon when he called. Because Junmyeon, before being band manager Junmyeon, was Jongdae’s friend Junmyeon.  Thankfully Minseok was quiet at his room that afternoon. Jongdae didn’t know why, but Minseok recently was always wandering around him, hanging with Jongdae while he worked on some improvements on the new song they were composing. All the eye-ing was making him crazy and he really, really needed a break from Minseok. He went with the oldie-but-goodie fake headache to avoid Minseok’s company.

 "Joonie, seriously. I don't know what the to do."

Junmyeon was quiet for a moment. "Jongdae... I'm probably the wrong person to talk to about this. You know I'm just going to tell you not to go anywhere near him. It'll ruin everything, and you got a good thing going with the band. Don't lose it.” 

". Yeah, I know. You're right." Deep breath. "You're right, always right Joonie. And anyway, it's just a crush or whatever, isn’t it? It'll go away. It'll be fine. Completely, totally fine."

 "Right." Junmyeon said but Jongdae just knew he wasn't buying that . But, hell, neither was Jongdae himself.

Jongdae took another deep breath.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter