[JooKyun] - Every Night

Monsta X - Drabbles & Short Stories

A/N: [Requested]

Inspired by EXID's Every Night. Kind of a song drabble or whatever. The bold italicized words are the lyrics. I think Every Night and I Feel Good have to still be all time fav songs from EXID.


[3rd Person POV]

The phone doesn't stop ringing at night.

There was an obnoxiously loud song playing in the background that only got louder as Changkyun came to. The brunette rubbed his eyes, allowing the music to play for another minute. Once he focused on the sound, he already knew who it was, so he didn't even look at the ID before picking it up.

"Hey."

"Hey, were you asleep?"

"Yeah, kinda." Jooheon hummed slightly as his response. There was a moment of silence before Jooheon finally said why he called.

"Could you come over? I'm bored..." Unknowingly, Changkyun made a sound that was a cross between a groan and a hum, but it wasn't loud.

"Why don't you go to sleep?"

"Please? I miss you." Jooheon's voice sounded so sweet, as if he was scared that Changkyun would say no.

With sweet words, you tell me to come out cause you're bored by yourself.
---
I know this is booty call.
You say you miss me whenever it becomes late at night. Those words melt me again, so I take this call.

"Okay." That was that. Changkyun didn't bother saying bye before hanging up. Jooheon already knew that he would be there in a few minutes, so there was no point to formally ending the call.

The brunette sat up. He got out of the bed and headed to the bathroom, grabbing a few clothes as he went. He knew what this call meant, so he felt the need to clean himself up a bit. It didn't take long for him to finish and within a few more minutes, he was out the door.

He sighed to himself as he walked down the sidewalk. Changkyun knew that this needed to end. All the calls and random hook ups were now starting to take a toll on his heart. After the first few times, Changkyun came to the realization that he was hopelessly in love with Jooheon, but that's something Jooheon has yet to figure out. One of the biggest rules in a game like this is to not fall in love, and Changkyun did just that.

It was a combination of how Jooheon talked to him paired with how the latter would treat him. They were friends before this started. Jooheon had broke up with someone and, almost instantaneously, the two felt an attraction to one another. Jooheon had invited the younger over to hang out, but seeing as how they kept looking at each other, it led to something more. Now they just skip straight to it, neither feeling the need to sugar coat things.

Changkyun needed this to end for his heart's sake. At first he thought he could take it, but now everything has changed for him. Now he can't handle all the affection and loneliness.

I always think today is the last time, but it's not that easy.

He sighed once again and stuffed his hands in his pockets, trying to fight the cold night.

--------------

It's not that easy.

Changkyun knocked on the door and waited. His heart was pounding, and once he saw Jooheon, he swears his heart skipped a beat. This really was not good for him. This has to end. Jooheon stuck his hand out for Changkyun to take.

No, I can't live without you. Please keep taking me and shaking me up.

Changkyun took Jooheon's hand and allowed himself to be pulled right back in.

~3/21/16~