[ShowKi] - Drama Club

Monsta X - Drabbles & Short Stories

A/N: Here's another one. I felt like writing and I decided this to write this~

Please ignore the spelling errors xD


[3rd Person POV]

Kihyun crouched down next to the prop and gently brushed the gray color over the last drawn tiles he had left to paint. He could hear the drama students practicing lines behind him, but only one voice rung in his ear the most. Hyunwoo.

The man was a junior and Kihyun was a freshman. Their worlds shouldn't cross as much as they did, but Hyunwoo made sure Kihyun knew him. 

It was back when he first joined the club. Hyunwoo had been voted club president since he's been there the longest and was apparently the only Junior. The club had just gotten done congratulating Hyunwoo on his presidency when they also welcomed new people. Kihyun was among 5 others for a total of 6 who joined and it seems like Hyunwoo took a liking to him immediately. 

When they started their meeting, Hyunwoo took a seat next to Kihyun casually, so Kihyun didn't think anything of it. The younger had learned that more often than not, Hyunwoo would end up being lead in the play, especially during musicals. He hasn't heard the older sing, but he knew that he must sound really good in order to get lead numerous times. He, himself, could sing, but he didn't want anyone to know. 

Kihyun was there to decorate. When he was younger, he watched a lot of plays and always wondered what it would be like to help, even doing something as minor as opening and closing the curtain. He liked art and knew that he could help decorate the stages. There was three others there who joined to decorate as well, so he didn't really feel out of place. 

There was one day in particular. Each of the four designers were given a task, and of course, Kihyun's was the longest. He ended up being left behind, but he didn't really mind. In fact, he was the one to tell his fellow club members to hurry home. He sometimes focuses more when he alone, so this felt right.

As he was half way done with his work, he begun singing to himself, unknown to the person standing off to the side. He didn't intend for his voice to get as loud, but he also never intended on getting caught neither.

"Why don't you try out?" A voice boomed through the theatre, causing Kihyun to drop the brush from his hand directly onto his face. It fell off leaving a giant gray streak down his cheek. 

"Ah...." Kihyun looked down at the brush, quietly thanking every celestial being that it landed on the sheet he had instead of the hardwood floor.

"Oh my god." Kihyun didn't register the footsteps he was hearing until the person crouched down next to him on his right. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you... Although, I probably should've made myself known before talking." He looked up and saw Hyunwoo. Kihyun blushed at how close they were, quickly shaking his head.

"It's fine. Everything's okay." He grabbed the brush again and tried to go back to painting until Hyunwoo put his hand on the smaller's left cheek and turned his face.

"No it's not." He took a spare cloth Kihyun had and dipped it in the clean water. He took it to Kihyun's face and wiped his cheek gently. 

Hyunwoo was so focused that he missed the looks Kihyun was giving him, or rather, the way the smaller eyed his lips. He bit his bottom up out of concentration and Kihyun swore it was probably the iest thing he had ever saw. He couldn't deny that Hyunwoo was handsome and he could see why people would want him as the lead. There was something about the way he acted that made Kihyun feel shy near him.

"Kihyun..?"

"Ah, what?!" The smaller jerked back, flipping the paint brush he had out of his hands. This time it landed on Hyunwoo's arm. 

"A bit jumpy, are we?" He chuckled and then looked at his arm.

"My bad..." Kihyun said nervously. Hyunwoo had already started wiping it off before Kihyun took the rag from him. "Let me." Now it was Kihyun's turned to be stared at. Hyunwoo smiled, thoroughly enjoying the sight of the freshman so worked up. It was cute to see him like this.

"Is it too early to say that I like you?" Hyunwoo boldly said, making Kihyun halt dead in his tracks. He looked up and made eye contact with the man in front of him.

"You l-like me?..." Hyunwoo nodded without hesitation. "... but, I'm just a freshman, what's so great about me?"

"You're cute, like really cute and you can sing so heavenly. You're so quiet, I feel like I have to put in much more effort to get you to notice me. You're probably the only person who doesn't give me the time of day, but you're sweet about it.It sounds weird... I don't know... It's just something about you that draws me to you. I really would like to find out what." Hyunwoo smiled slightly, enough for Kihyun to know that Hyunwoo wasn't playing with him.

"Is this your way of asking me out?"

"If you're willing to go out with me, then yes." Kihyun stared at Hyunwoo for a second. He didn't really see a bad thing to giving Hyunwoo a try, so he figured he could throw caution to the wind.

"Okay, I'll give you a chance." Hyunwoo's smile grew wider just before he leaned in to give Kihyun a kiss on his cheek.

"I'll give you details on our date once I think of something. It's so nice to get this chance with you. I won't disappoint."

--------

And that he didn't. They went on a date that Kihyun could simply describe as "Amazing!". 

Now every time Hyunwoo sees him, he calls him 'Babe' and hugs him. Kihyun naturally returns that hug, his hands moving up Hyunwoo's back to initiate a more intimate pose, to Hyunwoo's delight. 

Kihyun never would've guessed his freshman year would start off like this.

~12/7/15~