[KiHo] - Unknown Number

Monsta X - Drabbles & Short Stories

A/N: [Requested] -- Oh, happy belated birthday to Wonho! 2 days later~

Let me just say, MX is ruining my life, esp with that self-cam for From Zero. Oh my god, they destroyed my feels! It was the most perfect thing ever! Let it be known, I am basing this off of my high school experience and the type of girls that I dealt with. I know every girl is not like this, but it's based on my experience. Also, I've read this so much, I can't see my own mistakes anymore.


[3rd Person POV]

"Just leave it, it'll be fun. Plus you gotta, it's a dare." Wonho huffed. He didn't need to be reminded of the bet that he lost involving not eating Ramyeon for 2 weeks, in which he caved 8 days in. It didn't help that he didn't have anything else to eat since he didn't do the shopping yet.

"Fine." He scribbled down his number with nothing else, hoping to peak curiosity but also scare away anyone with how vague it is. "Okay, done." He busted open the stall and walked out, brooding about how he lost.

"Don't be such a sore loser." Wonho washed and dried his hands, storming out right after. "I won fair and square." Minhyuk called out as he tried to catch up to his friend. Wonho didn't want to be anywhere near that bathroom stall at the moment. "I wonder if you'll get any takers."

"I'm not for sale, don't say it like I am!" Wonho whined slightly as he yelled. "Let's just get to practice and be done with it." Smiling, Minhyuk giggled and followed his friend to the gym.

-----------

 4 Unread Messages

"Hi."
"Found your number."
"Seems kinda desperate to leave it in a bathroom."
"That's okay. We can be friends."

Wonho stared at his phone. He seriously just received 4 messages from the same number. He expected just one text and that's it. This guy really wants to be friends.

"Any takers?" Minhyuk plopped down next to him and read the messages. "Desperate? Heh, that's funny."

"Thanks to you, a complete stranger thinks I'm desperate for human interactions." That only made Minhyuk laugh even harder.

"You should message back."

"Message back, my ." Wonho locked his phone and got back up to go practice his shots. Minhyuk smiled devilishly. He had memorized Wonho's passcode, which was so simple. He opened the phone and sent a message.

"I am desperate. My friends are jerks. We can definitely be friends."

Closing the phone back, he joined Wonho on the basketball court to practice his shots as well.

-----------

2 Unread Messages.

"Jerks? Sounds like my friends."
"You know, they ditched me at the mall once."

Wonho gritted his teeth. No way. Minhyuk ing broke into my phone. Now I have to entertain this guy, all because Minhyuk wanted to be a vindictive little .

"Sounds really sad."
"Guess we got something in common."

He sent the message, not really knowing what to say. He scratched his head. It's been a while since he made new friends, seeing as how he's in his last year of high school.

1 New Message

"I was so sad. They had even left me with the bill for the food court."

"I would've fought someone."
"What did you do?"

2 New Messages

"I did a lot of petty to them."
"Little things that they never would've saw coming."

Wonho chuckled, not realizing that he had been in.

-----------

He's been texting this person for about a month. They know so much about each other, except for names. Neither had bothered to ask yet.

"So, do you know who it is yet?" Minhyuk asked while looking at his friend's phone. Wonho shook his head. "Wow. You know, you were never meant to make friends from this."

"Oh trust, I got a crap ton of texts looking for a booty call, but he's the only sane person out of all of them. He seems pretty cute too, that's why I'm still texting him." He smiled down at his phone, making Minhyuk cringe.

"You should find out. It's killing me!" He whined to his friend. He hated the mystery and suspense.

"I don't know when's the right time to ask." Minhyuk snatched Wonho's phone and took out his own phone. He copied the number and texted it a quick little question.

1 New Message

"Yoo Kihyun, who dis?"

Minhyuk's eyes blew up as he looked back at Wonho.

"Do you wanna know?" Wonho bit his lip, not wanting to know, but his curiosity was getting the best of him. He nodded. "It's Kihyun!"

Kihyun? Kihyun was a popular kid. He had a lot of female friends, which made any guy jealous. He was in the Performing Arts Club and had the best voice there. This made Wonho think. Kihyun had said that his friends were jerks. I guess maybe all the girls he hangs out with are starting to take a toll on him.

"Should we go confront him?"

"First, text him back so he doesn't think you're some insane stalker. Then, I might think about confronting him." He stared down at his phone. This just got more interesting.

-----------

"Kihyun? How's this one?" He looked at the picture of the sweater mindlessly. He was what you would call a G.B.F, or a Gay Best Friend. They automatically assumed he would be good at picking things out for them and choosing the right colors for . "It works, but see if they have it in blue. Blue looks better on you." She smiled while he died a little. He played into it even though he's grown to hate it.

It was the same routine. Everyday, they would ask for his advice for different things, not really taking into consideration of how he felt. This is why he said they were jerks. He was getting tired of it. The only thing that was different for him was this guy that he was texting. He was the buffer between Kihyun and the constant interactions with these girls. He had to admit, finding a number in a bathroom stall was kinda shady, but he needed something more exciting in his life. The guy was nice enough to text back. They became friends, bonding over the littlest things.

"Kihyun? Who have you been texting?"

"Got a boyfriend or something? You're always smiling when you look at your phone." He shook his head in defense.

"It's no one, certainly not my boyfriend. We just met. He's very funny." They all gave him a look of distrust. "Look, we're just friends. Nothing more." He wasn't even gonna say that he didn't know the guy's name. That would make things worse.

"Oh my god, look!" They all looked over to see Wonho walking to the table. Kihyun knew him because the girls always freak over the sports teams. The school was in Basketball season, so they were all over the team. They even dragged him to a few of their games. He was never into sports, so he never really associated with the people on the teams. He didn't see what the big deal was. Although, he'd be lying if he said he didn't think Wonho was hot, especially in his uniform. "He's coming over here." Kihyun scrunched up his lips at the soft giggles that he was cursed to hear.

"Hi." One of the girls greeted, followed by a a chorus from the other girls. Wonho smiled back and waved before turning to the reason why he came up to the table in the first place.

"Kihyun?" He slowly looked up. A deer in headlights. "Could you come with me? I have questions about the uh.. Performing Arts club." He stood up. As he was getting ready to leave, he could hear them whisper.

"Wonho's joining the club?"

"He can sing? It's like High School Musical in here."

"I can dance pretty well too." Wonho retorted, making sure that they knew that he heard them. That only resulted in more giggling. Kihyun grabbed Wonho's arm and pulled him away quickly. They made it to a secluded corner outside of the common area they were in before.

"So, what questions do you have about the club?" Kihyun asked once he let go of his arm and turned to face him.

"You're the one I've been texting, are you?" Wonho pulled out his phone and showed him the number. Kihyun's eyes grew in shock. So the guy he was texting was Wonho?

"How did you find out?"

"My friend texted you and asked."

"So that explains that weird message that I got." He mumbled, but Wonho still heard him.

"Yeah, my friend is pretty weird." There was a awkward pause, one that they only experienced through a phone. "So... do you wanna stay friends?" Kihyun smiled.

"Please. I need new friends. I'm getting bored with those popular kids. It's so much mindless chatter and gossiping about boys. I keep getting dirty looks from those said boys too. It feels good to be friends with someone else." He laughed a little, thinking of their conversation before Wonho walked up. "You know they started pestering me, thinking I had a boyfriend and didn't tell them because I was texting so much." Kihyun bit his lip, thinking that maybe he has had just said too much.

"Well, let's not rule anything out." A blush immediately crept up Kihyun's face. "Let's keep talking and see where it goes." Kihyun nodded, happy that he could now rub something in those girls faces.

-----------

That was how Kihyun got more interested in sports and how Wonho found love with the help of a bathroom stall and a depressing defeat. He was glad he lost it now.

~3/3/18~