End

Midnight Movie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The moment I walked out of the theatre, I felt a burst of loneliness in me. 

 

The movie was great. Amazing actors, great plot, lovely ending. I want to talk about the movie with someone but I realised no one was with me. 

 

People in front of me, behind me, beside me, was sharing their thoughts about the movie to their friends, lovers, families, but I had no one to share with.

 

I had come to a midnight movie by myself because it’s boring at home.

 

I stood on my spot, a million things going through my mind. 

 

When I felt the area around me was empty, I scanned through the area and saw a girl who was a tad bit taller than me. 

 

She was alone too.

 

Or was she waiting for someone? 

 

I stared at her for too long which made her felt uncomfortable I guess. 

 

I smiled and she smiled back too. 

 

I made my way to her and I could see she was shocked.

 

She’s beautiful.

 

“Hi. I’m sorry I stared at you earlier.” 

 

“Oh no it’s fine. I was wondering why are you alone too. Not many people come to watch a movie alone.”

 

Too?

 

“You came alone as well?” 

 

“Yea… Sadly. I wanted to watch this film but my sister refused to accompany me so I came alone, even though I hate it. What about you?” 

 

“Ah I see. It’s too boring to stay at home so I came out but I guess I made the wrong choice.” 

 

“Nah, you didn’t. If you didn’t come out, you wouldn’t make a new friend.”

 

This time, she winked.

 

If winks could kill, I would’ve already been dead.

 

I swear.

 

Her wink almost melted me.

 

“New friend??? You mean I’m your friend?”

 

“Of course! I’m Tiffany.” 

 

Goddamn, Tiffany’s eyesmile is to die for!

 

Standing next to her only makes me look more like a potato than I already am. 

 

“I’m Taeyeon.”

 

“That’s a nice name!” 

 

“Thank you.” I get a little shy because I don’t get compliments often, except for my best friend Sunny who loves to tease me all the time.

 

“Well, where are you going next? I have nowhere to go and honestly I don’t feel like going home yet…” Tiffany pouted.

 

Oh gosh.

 

This girl is too perfect for her own good.

 

“You mentioned you hate coming to the movies alone? Y’know, we could get a supper and watch this film again together at the next showtime? If you don’t mind.”

 

I didn’t now why I said that oh my god.

 

I was never this friendly and open.

 

“That’s a great plan Taeyeon! Let’s go! I know a place which opens 24 hours and the food there is superb!” 

 

Tiffany being so excited makes me realise that we’re the complete opposite. She’s the hyperactive one and I’m the boring and lazy to move around one.

 

So Tiffany drove us to this 24 hours Ginseng Chicken Soup shop and yes the food here was really awesome. 

 

There was a few hours left till the next showtime so we were just lazing around in the restaurant.

 

We’ve been chatting ever since we got into the car and it was a surprise to me because I was not at all talkative especially to people I just met. But Tiffany made me open

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter