Midnight Memory

Midnight Memory
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the midst of her driving to her home that late at night - again - Yuri decided to use a short cut street that just build about couple weeks ago.

 

This time, she's thought about just wanted to sleep after pick up her daughter at her friend's house, and took the U-turn in front of her, as she used the short cut for that midnight.

 

She's actually didn’t like the shortcut, because the street was so quiet, and a little bit scary. Only the street light accompanied her along her way.

 

But then suddenly, she saw a black figure in front her stumbling, tried to stop her car.

 

She stood in front of her way, and almost hit the figure when she's finally stopped her car in force.

 

"Oh my god…" Yuri murmured, when she saw a woman in her late twenties, drenching with blood on her stomach, and also her face.

 

"H-help me…" the woman outside her car spit out, but barely can be heard by her.

 

"W-what should I do…?" Yuri murmured again, didn’t know if she should just help her or not.

 

"P-please… help m-me…" the woman louder her voice this time, but then she falling to the ground.

 

She didn’t have much choice. Maybe, the woman in danger. But, maybe, the woman also in danger and ran from police.

 

She can't think deeper anymore, but her body reacted out of her conscience.

 

She pulled off her sit belt, then opened her car's door slowly.

 

Walked like she was counting her step, finally she looked to the helpless woman in front of her, already lying on the ground.

 

"M-miss…?" Yuri called her, but she didn’t move.

 

"Miss…?" she called again, and approaching her.

 

Suddenly, the woman grabbed her wrist, and whispered something to her. "Someone's try to kill me… please, help me…"

 

As soon as Yuri heard that, her eyes wandered to the dark forest, as she immediately picked up the woman, and dragged her to the back sit.

 

She then drove her car and away from the street. She was shaking her whole body. In hospital, she used a glove to prevent her hands from smudge by the blood. But right now, her hands like a red pepper; drowning with bloods and the smells of it makes her dizzy.

 

The woman behind her groaned in pain. There's already too much blood she's gone, and she can't take it anymore.

 

"Miss, I want you to press your injury wound to make your blood stop from drowning my car…" Yuri really can't think normal anymore when she needs to faced with this kind of reality.

 

"It hurts me…"

 

"I know, I know… but I'm trying to save your life…"

 

"Fine…" the woman uttered again.

 

As soon as Yuri arrived in front of her house, she's immediately pressed the button of her garage's door, and she's went to the back sit after she step outside her car then help the woman get out from her car.

 

Inside her house, there's a small clinic. She took the woman into that small room then immediately teared off the woman's clothe, as she took the kit aid from the cupboard behind her.

 

Yuri gave the woman a dose to let the woman faint for a while, while she took care of the wound.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yuri sighed after half an hour before, she just help someone that she didn’t know, not until she saw a tattoo on her wrist, K=T+Y.

 

Only this one girl that knows about that initial, only this girl for she knows her about 20 years ago, that just leaving her just like that when they're still 8 year-old.

 

But then her phone rang, snapped all her thought as she's picked up the phone. "Hello…?"

 

"Mom… where are you…? I've already waiting here for almost an hour…"

 

"Oh god… I'm sorry, honey…"

 

"Aunt Min really worried about you."

 

"Joohyun ah, can you please, pass the phone to aunt Min?"

 

"Okay…"

 

"Yah, Yuri unnie… where are you…? You're very late this night…" Min uttered.

 

"I'm sorry, Min ah… but, can you please send Joohyun to my house…? My car-"

 

Oh no… she's really didn’t want to tell anyone about what had happened to her car that drowning with bloods, not even towards her own best friend. Na'ah…

 

"M-my car, is broken…"

 

"Then, where are you now, unnie…? Already at home, or still at hospital…? You want me to pick you up?"

 

"No need, because I've already in my house… luckily, the car grouch just right after I've already arrived here…" she added an awkward chuckle.

 

"Okay then…"

 

Min hung up her phone, so do with Yuri.

 

In any minutes, Joohyun will arrive with Min, and her clothes still the clothes that full of blood.

 

She then running to her room, and changed her outfit, then she throw her clothes inside the dustbin, didn’t want her daughter to see those thing.

 

After a while, she heard a honk outside her house, then she walked out from the house and she saw Joohyun running towards her with full of happiness.

 

"Mom…!"

 

She picked up the 7 year-old kid to her embrace, and she's giving her a pecked on her cheek. "I miss you, mom…"

 

"Sorry, I can't pick you up just now, honey…"

 

"It's okay… aunt Min bought me a lot of snacks…"

 

Yuri approaching Min that leaning to her car, while still carried Joohyun on her arms, as she spoke to the younger woman. "Min ah, thank you…"

 

"Anything for you, unnie…"

 

"Luckily, you're working in the morning until 5 at evening, if not…"

 

"Eyy, this woman… how many times I've told you, find your new partner to take care of your daughter…"

 

Yuri looked towards Joohyun that already rubbing her eyes, sleepy.

 

"You know I don’t have any candidates for that…" Yuri spoke, tried to playing around.

 

"You're just too picky…"

 

Yuri smiled in a bitter way.

 

"I know you're still love that woman that just leave both of you and be with other woman, but Yuri unnie… I'm worried about her… she needs a complete family to be around with her…"

 

"…"

 

"She needs a new Pop…"

 

"Min, come on… Joohyun will hear all of this…" Yuri murmured.

 

"She's already sleeping anyway…"

 

"Why we're suddenly talked about this, all over again?"

 

"Because I'm worried about your daughter… she has a Mom, but she don’t have a Pop… that's, incomplete…"

 

"I don’t know… I just, don’t wanna think about that first."

 

"One day, you will need too… she will ask about it someday…"

 

"…"

 

Min looked to her wristwatch, then informed her best friend. "I need to go now… my wife, Suzy must be looking for me…"

 

"Okay…"

 

"See you later…?"

 

"Of course…"

 

Yuri took her step backward, and let Min drove her car away from her yard.

 

After she saw Min's car faded through the street far away from the neighborhood, she walked inside her house with Joohyun on her arms.

 

Joohyun then called her out of sudden. "Mom…?"

 

"Yes, honey…?"

 

Joohyun circled her arms around her mother's neck. "When will I get new Pop…?"

 

"W-what…?"

 

"Aunt Min always told me, look for my new Pop for you…"

 

"Haish, that woman…! She's influence my daughter with this thought…? Great…"

 

"Joohyunie… I'm really busy for that…"

 

"But at least, find someone that can took care of me, just like how much you care about me…"

 

Suddenly, when both of them already inside the living room, both of them heard a noisy came from the kitchen.

 

"You have a guest, Mom…?"

 

Yuri put down Joohyun to the floor, as she grabbed firm her daughter's hand and hiding her at her back.

 

Just as about Yuri lean out her head to the kitchen, the figure coming out and stood in front both of them.

 

The woman eating Yuri's food inside the fridge, as she spit out with still full. "I'm sorry… I'm hungry…"

 

"It-it's okay…" Yuri uttered.

 

Joohyun titled her head from hiding at the back of Yuri, as she asked the woman. "Who are you…?"

 

The woman smiled. "I'm Taeyeon…"

 

Yuri felt like dried up in a second, and her heart stop beating.

 

"Yah, Taeyeonie…! I brought our food…"

 

"Yeay… that's why I love you, Kkab Yul…"

 

"Hehehe… I love you too, Taengoo yah…"

 

The woman slightly bend downward, as she spit again. "Kim Taeyeon…" she then leaning out her hand in front of Joohyun. "What's your name?"

 

"Joohyun…" the little girl approached her, as they shook their hands.

 

"It's a nice name…"

 

After they're both shook hands, Taeyeon straighten back her back as she lifted up her new shirt from Yuri's gi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter