Kiss Me One More Time

Kiss Me One More Time

There were several things Yoongi knew about himself that he wouldn’t be caught dead admitting to anyone.

 

 

    1. When his anxiety got bad, he pulled out the big pink bear his parents had given him when he was a baby and snuggled it to death.

 

    2. He was the biggest sap in the whole world, loved watching romance movies in the middle of the night with his door locked, and bawled whenever he watched a Pixar or Dreamworks movie.

 

    3. There was this annoying lead singing of a band that he had a crush the size of a small country on.

 

Black Granola was this emo band Yoongi had gotten into by complete accident. An old high school friend of his dragged him to a music festival in the middle of a very hot summer and they had been one of the warm up bands. Yoongi hadn’t paid much attention to them at the time (he was sulking because he’d rather be home working on a series of photos he’d been planning all summer), but after Black Granola played they went to the mercy stand to sell their wares.

 

Yoongi hadn’t exactly meant to go to the merch stand, but in his pitiful quest to find a bathroom to adjust his binder he ended up walking right by it. A hand reach out and gently tugged on the back of his hoodie. Yoongi flinched slightly and turned around on instinct against his better judgment.

 

But staring back at him was the hot leader of Black Granola (he totally hadn’t been checking him out the entire time the band was on stage), eyeing Yoongi like he was a hot sale he just couldn’t resist.

 

“Hey, cutie,” The singer wink at Yoongi. The other members of the band laughed and cheered on their leader. “What’s your name?”

 

“Y-Yoongi,” He blurted out. 

 

“Hey Yoongi! I’m Jungkook!” The singer, Jungkook, smiled at him and suddenly Yoongi’s mouth felt very dry. “I’m Sorry to bother you, but I was wondering if you enjoyed our show?”

 

Yoongi paused for a moment, wondering if he should give them and honest, musician critic or an encouraging fib to make them feel good about themselves. 

 

He decided on honesty. They would never grow if they didn’t improve and how would they know what them did wrong if no one told them.

 

“You guys are pretty good musicians,” Yoongi looked them straight in the eyes. “But your mix ing . The bass was way too high, it kept overpowering the other instruments and it was just way louder than necessary. Other than that’ it was a pretty solid performance.”

 

Jungkook nodded and typed something out on his phone. “So, we need to work on mixing and keep our bass lower?” 

 

Yoongi nodded. Jungkook smiled at him and reached into one of the march boxes in front of him to pull out a CD.

 

“Thanks man,” He dribbled down something on the CD with sharpie before handing it off to the rest of the members who did the same. “It’s really nice to hear an honest opinion. You’re a musician aren’t you?”

 

Yoongi blushed a bit and shrugged. He’s experiments on garage band could hardly be merit to call himself a musician. “Not really, I just like music.”

 

“Hm,” Jungkook looked at Yoongi with appreciation and smiled with a mischievous glint in his eyes. “Either way, you obviously have an ear for music. I hope we run into you again, Yoongi. You’re the kind of person I would love to have as a fan.”

 

Jungkook took back the CD from his band mates and leaned across the table slightly to hand it to Yoongi. “Here, take this for your troubles.”

 

“Oh, thank you,” Yoongi’s eyes widened slightly in surprise and he took a step forward to take the CD. 

 

Jungkook smirked and suddenly Yoongi felt himself being tugged by the wrist forward and a pair of lips pecking his cheek. Pulling away from Yoongi, Jungkook grinned devilishly.

 

“See you around, Yoongi.” He winked one last time.

 

When Yoongi got home that night, hand still pressing his cheek in disbelief that such a cute and talented boy kissed him, he went on the internet, bought every album Black Granola had out, and read every single article and fan forum he could find about them. 

 

It was a month filled with nothing but Black Granola playing in his earbuds as he studied and looking up pictures of Jungkook when he got a it too bored later that Yoongi finally admitted to himself that he might have a few feelings for the extremely y lead singer of an emo band.

 

That was admittedly the last thing Yoongi had in mind for himself when he was dragged to that festival, but hey, he didn’t expect for a very cute boy to kiss him either.

 

After blushing wildly and screaming into his pillow, Yoongi pulled out his phone and went to Black Granola’s twitter and scrolled idly through their tweets. They had their first gig since the one at the festival and Yoongi had been planning on going but now nerves started to set in. He had no idea what kind of a person Jungkook was outside of their little interaction at the merch stand. And all he knew from that was he was very serious about his band and unafraid of kissing a complete stranger on the cheek. 

 

Yoongi groaned and smothered his face in his pillow. Jungkook probably didn’t even remember him. He was the very hot lead singer of a band who probably had a bunch of hot people fawning over him all the time. Kissing fans might just be something he liked to do.

 

Thoughts running in wild circles, Yoongi groaned and rolled over onto his side.

 

There was no way he was going to be sleeping well that night.

 

***

 

That Friday night, Yoongi found himself outside the bar the Black Granola was playing at the night dressed in the exact same hoodie he had warn to the festival.

 

You know, to increase the chances of Jungkook remembering him.

 

Yoongi groaned and covered his face in his hands. He was becoming the exact kind of person he had told himself he’d never be. If his friends saw him now, they would never let him live this down.

 

But Yoongi swallowed all his negative thoughts like a horse pill and entered the bar with butterflies fluttering in his stomach.

 

Bass thumped through the walls of the bar and Yoongi vaguely recognized the song as a popular pop song from some idol group. Black Granola’s instruments were on the stage but they were obviously waiting for it to be later and for the bar to be more crowded before calling it showtime.

 

Yoongi casually pulled his hood up, just in case anyone he knew was there, and pointedly wandered in front of the stage.

 

To his surprise, it was almost as if they were waiting him. As he came to a stop, the lights dimmed and Black Granola came out onto the stage. They fiddled with their sheet music and instruments for a moment before the drummer counted them in and they bursted into their first song of the evening.

 

Suddenly, Yoongi found people pressing in on him at every side. He was pushed up against the stage, with only on person separating him from touching the stage. Yoongi curled in on himself nervously but the second he looked up, everything felt like perfection.

 

Jungkook stood right in front of him, not two feet away. He was cradling the mic close to his lips like a lover as he rasped out lyrics that were almost sinfully seductive.

 

Yoongi was instantly captivated and stood still in the partying crowd as if Jungkook was a snake and he was the singer’s pray.

 

Then he the next song came on and Jungkook opened his eyes to gaze out at the crowd. The large size and the excited energy in the crowd made him smile. But his eyes seemed to search the crowd for someone. Yoongi tried to ignore the stirring of jealousy in his stomach. 

 

But as Yoongi’s heart sank, his eyes locked with Jungkook.

 

The singer didn’t look away and neither did Yoongi.

 

When he got to the chorus, Jungkook took the mic out of the stand and walked toward the crowd. Everyone around him started screaming and reaching out their hands to him, trying to touch him. But Jungkook ignored all of them and reached out to Yoongi. He cupped Yoongi’s cheek in his palm and it with his thumb.

 

You make me

feel like I’m living a

teenage dream

 

Jungkook winked at Yoongi and pulled away, heading back to his stand, leaving Yoongi with red cheeks and more than a little flustered. 

 

***The rest of the performance passed in a blur of Jungkook being very hot and stealing glances at Yoongi. When Black Granola did their bows, Jungkook looked at Yoongi one last time, winked at him, and mouthed something that Yoongi couldn’t quite make out because of the glaring stage lights.

 

When the band left the stage, some generic DJ came out and started playing the top 40. The crowd dissipated around Yoongi as everyone headed to the bar for drinks or to spread out on the dance floor. But he stayed right where he was, staring at the place where Jungkook had been.

 

The lead singer had definitely remembered him.

 

Before Yoongi even had more than a minute to process that, someone put a hand on his shoulder and Yoongi whipped around to find Jungkook grinning bashfully at him.

 

“Yoongi!” He took his hand of his shoulder. “You made it!”

 

“Y-Yeah, I did.” Yoongi stammered as he panicked and tried to find something, anything, to say to Jungkook.

 

They stood awkwardly together for a moment, both not seeming to know quite what to say to each other.

 

Oh god. Yoongi thought. I have no idea what to even say and holy Jungkook is even hotter than I remembered him plus super sweaty and that’s actually really hot and oh my go he remembered my name what do I do

 

“You should go on a date with me!” Jungkook blurted out after a few moments. Both Yoongi and Jungkook looked shocked. 

 

Jungkook turned bright red, rivaling the shade Yoongi had at the moment, and started sputtering. “I-I mean if you want to. Cause I’s like to. I think you’re pretty cute and I know I kinda kissed you without permission last time we saw each other but honestly that was just because you looked so damn cute and- I’m rambling. I just-”

 

Yoongi shut Jungkook up with a quick peck on the lips.

 

Turns out the singer wasn’t a smooth as Yoongi though he was. It was a nice surprise though, definitely made him a lot cuter.

 

“I think,” Yoongi mused when he pulled away. “You should give me your KaTalk so we can meet up for coffee later. But right now, I kinda wanna make out with you.”

 

Jungkook froze before leaning forward. He giggled like a little kid, and his warm breath brushed tauntingly against Yoongi’s lips. 

 

“That was easier than I had thought. I was freaking out. I thought I freaked you out when I kissed you at the music festival. My bandmates kept teasing me about it.”

 

Yoongi groaned and hid his face in Jungkook’s shoulder. “No. You did the opposite. I couldn’t stop think about you.”

 

“Really?” Yoongi could hear the smile in the other’s voice and looked up. “Did you think about kissing me?”

 

Jungkook leaned forward and tilt his head slightly to the side, teasing Yoongi.

 

“Well, I may have thought about a bit more than that.” Yoongi said cheekily.

 

“I think you’re getting ahead of yourself. We haven’t even made out yet.”

 

“I can fix that.” 

 

Leaning forward, Yoongi bridged the gap between them. 

 

A/N: *makes chattery perry the platypus nosies* I can't stop writing stories based off Kali's art