Chapter 1

That Night Under The Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You just got back to your apartment after your three hour dance workout.  You dumped your gym bag on the chair in the dining room and went your way towards the fridge and pulled out a cold bottle of water to quench your thirst.  As you closed the fridge door, your eyes fell on the picture of you and your two best friends, Jongup and Junhong.  It was taken during one of your practice in the dance studio where they were also a part of. 

"You knuckleheads abandoned me today in practice." you said to yourself as you smirked and took a big gulp of water from the bottle and walked towards the living room to watch some TV to relax.   Your back hasn't touched the backrest of the couch when you heard the door bell rang.  Your eyebrows furrowed.  You took another gulp of water and set the bottle on the table before carefully heading your way towards the door.   You're eyes widened at the sight of Jongup standing in front of you flashing his cute and innocent smile the moment the door swung open.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" You greeted him.  He just gave a shy wave and you invited him inside your apartment. 

"Hey you.  I'm just here to pick you up." he said casually making your eyebrows furrow.  A dry laugh escaped you.

"Pick me up? are we going somewhere? I never recall any dinner invitation tonight"  you said as you eyed him curiously. Still Jongup flashed the same innocent smile as he took a seat on your couch. 

"It's a surprise" he said cutely making you roll your eyes in frustration as you sat next to him.

"Come on, Uppie, tell me where are we going?" you asked as you shake him furiously but that didn't make him budge but instead laughed at you.

"Go and take a bath already, You stink" he said as he playfully pushed you off the couch.  You stood up and stick you tongue towards him before you walked towards your room and closed the door.  What could he possibly be planning?  You don't really recall anything special for the night.  you shook your head as you stripped off your clothes and got in the shower. 

After taking a bath, you carefully put on a light make up and blowdried your hair.  you went to your closet and carefully chose the outfit that you will be wearing.   You chose a simple shirt with over skinny jeans and wore your converse.   You then took one last look on the mirror and when you're satisfied on what you saw, you openend the door and stepped outside to see Jongup watching anime on your TV while his feet resting on your coffee table.

"I'm ready"  You said as you stepped out of your room.  He peeled his attention away from the screen and looked at you but then his smile turned to frown when he saw your outfit.

"What?" you asked as you looked down on the item of clothing hugging your body. 

"You're going to wear that?" he asked curiously.  and you just nodded your head.  Jongup shook his head. 

"No. Get changed into something really cute." he said as he turned his attention back on the program that he is watching.

"Well, if you tell me where are we going, then it would be easier for me to choose what to wear isn't it?" you said pouting even if he didn't see it.  But even if his back is facing you, you could sense that he is smirking, 

"It really wont't be a surprise now if i told you" he said with out even sparing you a glance.  you made face and walked back to your room and closed the door.  Jongup is really being stubborn.  Boy, You're not a mind reader and can't really tell what's good to wear in the place that you're going.  You once again stripped off your clothes and stared at your closet.  You don't want to be too overdressed so you set aside the thought of wearing a maxi dress.  then your eyes caught the dress that you bought months back.  you Immediately grabbed the dress and changed into it.  You decided to have your hair lose and grabbed a red cardigan to match the outfit.  You decided to go with red flats with it.    You slowly got out of your room and walked towards where Jongup is waiting.   He turned around the moment he heard you walk behind him and saw you in the dress and you saw his eyes twinkled as he smiled. 

"Perfect" he said as he stood up from the couch and faced you.  You embarrassed tucked some of the hair behind your ear and smiled.

"Ready to go?" he asked as he motioned towards the door and you just nodded and followed him out of the apartment.  He carefully assisted you first in getting into the car before going in the driver seat. 

"Now that we're here in the car, can you know please tell me where are we going?" you asked him the moment he got into he car.  He just smirked at you.

"Impatient are we?" he just said as he started the engine and drove.  You just sighed and slumped into the chair and watched as the scenery passes by.  You really can't win with this guy so you just have to give up and go with the flow.  The drive was not that long but the both of you spent the entire drive laughing at things you shared with each other.  You were still recovering from a good laugh with him when you felt the car suddenly slowed down and then stopped at an luxurious apartment complex.  

"We're here!" he said as you gave him a puzzled expression. 

"Here?" You asked curiously at the apartment complex. 

"Yup.  Go inside first towards the rooftop.  I need to find a parking space ok?" he said

"Wait, I can go with you.  We'll go up together." you insisted but Jongup shook his head in disapproval.

"No. You go ahead.  Just tell the receptionist your name and she will assist you.  ok?" he said as you gave him a shocked expression mixed with disappointment.  He just gave that puppy dog eye stare at you that made your heart melt.  You just smirked and nodded. 

"Fine." you said as you opened the door slowly stepped outside. As you closed the door you gave him one last glance and he just smiled and wave back at you before he slowly drove away.   You just sighed.  If he wasn't your best friend you could have bashed his head already.  You slowly walked towards the lobby and awkwardly went to the receptionist who was busy organizing some stuff on the front desk.  She smiled the moment she saw you. 

"Hello!" She warmly greeted you the moment you reached the desk.  You slightly cleared your throat as you compose in your mind what you're about to ask her.

"Um. Hi.  I was told that I have to go to the rooftop for tonight" you said awkwardly towards the girl and just smiled at you and typed in to the computer.

"Oh ok,  and my I know your name please?" she asked

"Oh, its  (y/n)."  you said and she typed it in her computer.  

"Yes, Ms. (y/n), actually we're expecting you."  She said cheerfully making you relax a little. 

"Just take the elevator here on the left and go to the 24th floor and take two flights of steps and you won't miss it."  She instructed you with a smile and directed you towards the elevator.  You thanked her and walked towards the elevator and pressed the up button and waited for your ride. 

When you got in, you pressed the button indicating 24 and leaned back on the wall.  You are not sure why all of a sudden you became really nervous.  You checked yourself in the mirror one more time before you heard the "Ding" signalling that you have already arrived on your destination.  You stepped out of the lift and looked at the left and saw the stairway going to the rooftop.  You exhaled as your started ascending the steps.  You were already in the middle of the flight of stairs when you started catching your breath.  good thing that you have worn flats or else you could have killed Jongup for making your suffer for this.  You shook your head and continued to climb the stairs.   But the moment you reached the rooftop, your exhaustion disappeared and was replaced by awe on what you saw.   Even if the building you are in is not the tallest building in the area, It still has one of the best view of the Seoul skyline.  Your mouth agape at sight of all the dancing lights the surrounds you.  You also noticed that the gazebo was nicely decorated with beautiful flowers and lights but the big lights from neighboring buildings help in illuminating the area.  You also noticed that there is a modern size pool that was accentuated with floating flowers and candles.  It was really romantic.  You walked towards it and can't help but bend down and dip your ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter