How We Are

Sleeping Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A week passed torturously slowly. 

She remained in bed the entire time, not caring about either school, any homework or projects, or the days. Not even eating or drinking properly. All she wanted to do was to sleep. Some kind of tiredness had seeped into her body and drained her of any energy, replacing it with apathy. 

Naturally, her best friend and roommate Yuri became truly worried after a few days. A doctor was brought in, which was kind of a drag. But, if it meant that she would be left alone after following his instructions during an examination, she did it. In the end, he stated that it was only emotional fatigue and stress. She simply required a time to rest and recuperate, at her own pace. 

The verdict came as good news to her. Because after the school had heard of her condition, they gave her an unlimited amount of days. On the other hand, she would likely have to spend her summer re-reading a few courses and thereby catching up with the rest of her classmates. Not that she minded. She already knew that she was capable of doing it. 

Yuri disagreed, though. Seven days after the night in the park, her roommate returned from her classes visibly angry. Her entrance consisted of two loud bangs. One when the door swung into the wall behind and when she slammed it shut again. It could wake up the whole neighborhood, but only the sleeping Yoona was affected. In complete confusion, she tiredly narrowed her eyes and blinked. 

Light suddenly streamed in through the window, which came as a surprise. Usually the curtains were closed and the room very dark by now. Yuri stood next to the window with crossed arms, staring at her, which indicated that she was the one responsible for all the sunrays that shone through the glass. 

"That's enough, Cinderella!" her roommate gaped. 

She, however, only plopped her head back onto her pillow. "I think you mean Sleeping Beauty."

"Definitely not. She was used to sleeping while Cinderella worked endlessly. As did the usually happy, cheerful Yoona, and I miss her."

Her words didn't get the effect her friend probably wanted. But, at least, they caused her to turn over, her eyes slightly less closed than before. Although she still felt tired, she didn't want to drift off anymore. It was more fascinating to watch Yuri. Somehow, it was as though she hadn't seen her for quite a while. 

Mentioned friend sighed and walked up to her bed, and she sat down on the edge. Yoona laid on her side with her bent arms resting underneath her head. They looked each other in the eyes. 

"I'm tired," she whispered. 

Yuri smiled gently and started to her hair, "Sleep isn't the remedy this time."

"What is then?" 

A comfortable silence filled the room for a while, before Yuri spoke again, "Do you want to go for a walk with me? It's a pretty day with all the red and yellow leaves. The sky's incredibly clear, too."

She closed her eyes and enjoyed Yuri's . The image her friend had painted with her words and caring voice didn't leave her head. Curiosity began to grow inside and she wished to see whatever had caught her friend's attention. It sounded nice. 

"Alright," she nodded. 

Yuri's smile grew wider in relief. "Good. Shall we get you dressed then?"

 

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter