Final

Fine me, Officer Taeyeon!

 

“This makes 50,000 Won.“, the girl working at the cash desk informed Yuri and handed her a receipt voucher. It was a pretty girl, smiling brightly as if she wanted to compete with the sunlight. But the talked to person was busy paying her attention elsewhere.

 

The woman completely dressed in black leather clothes was starring outside the window front, blinking in irritation, having slightly dropped open, her red lips shimmering in the sallow daylight coming through it. From head to toe she was looking pretty badass, her dark, long hair falling wildly in lose curls down her shoulders, her pale face made up with dark eye make up.

 

 “Uhm…Miss?“, the cashier tried to get her attention but since she failed with any attempt, she tried to figure out what the costumer was looking at, following her eyes and resting at the exact same spot. 

 

In front of the petrol station, a red car was parked and a young woman in a police uniform was stepping out of it. It was a tiny person with shoulder length, bleached hair. Her uniform was fitting her pretty well, she was looking gorgeous, even the cashier had to admit it.

 

The female officer was walking around the car, talking to the petrol staff who would refuel her car and moved straight towards the building to pay.

 

“Oh snap!“

 

Yuri was finally reacting once she saw the person coming closer. She literally jumped over the cash desk and hid behind it, leaving the cashier in shock over her sudden, weird action.

 

“M-Miss, what are you doing?!“, the cashier stuttered.

 

The tall woman was sitting on the ground, her back pressed against the desk. Her dark eyes were looking up at the cashier, focusing her like a hungry lioness. It immediately gave the poor girl the chills.

 

“Don’t tell her I’m here!“

 

Of course the young girl working at the station was shocked about her costumer hiding from a police officer. She was taken aback, shaking her head and stuttering as she didn’t know who exactly had tried to flee from the police. She must have thought Yuri was a criminal.

 

“W-Who are you and why are you hiding?! If you’re wanted by the police…I should…maybe I should…“

 

The girl was about to grab the phone and dial the number of the police station but Yuri could scarcely grab her wrist and drag her to the ground with her. 

 

“Hold on! I’m not a criminal!“, Yuri informed her briefly and checked the name tag of her. “Yoona, right? You need to help me! That police officer over there is crazy!“

 

Seeking for help, Yuri bit her lower lip, her eyes sadly laying on the cashier.

 

“….crazy?“, Yoona asked skeptically and raised her eyebrows, causing Yuri to think of how she could explain the situation short enough to convince her letting her hide until the police woman would be gone again. At the moment she must have looked like the crazy one in front of Yoona, so she needed to be extra careful of her explanation.

 

“Her name is Kim Taeyeon and she’s got a down on me. For a whole week she followed me around to book me for the most trivial things!“

 

Okay. Reality was slightly different, but Yuri wouldn’t have been Yuri if she hadn't been able to rearrange the truth for just a bit to get Yoona siding with her.

 

In reality Taeyeon had caught Yuri during a road race on the highway around midnight. Within the race the blinking lights of the police car had suddenly appeared in front of the competitors and the others had immediately disappeared, leaving Yuri behind as the only one. Typical for these cowardly male bikers… they always challenged Yuri to road races but as soon as danger was around, they ran away with their tail tucked. And who was the one ending up in trouble? Right, it was Yuri.

 

Just thinking about it let Yuri gnarl but she quickly cut it when she saw Yoona reacting on it with a frightful face, flinching back into the phone’s direction again.

 

“Trivial things like?“, Yoona wanted to know. She was obviously not believing in what Yuri had to say.

 

“Speeding.“, Yuri answered short-spoken. 

 

Speeding, illegal road races… and to top it all, ual harassment of a police officer. The ual harassment was the most stupid thing ever and being booked for something ridiculous like this, Yuri couldn’t let it sit on her. That police officer seriously had the guts to accuse her of ual harassment. What the heck! 

 

“That’s all?“, Yoona dug deeper.

 

“…and she claimed that I molested her…“, Yuri murmured, being deep enough into her thoughts to talk about it.

 

“You did what?!“ The cashier was all scandalized, her big eyes were even rounder and she instantly slid further away, bringing some distance between her and the weird woman she just got to know. Yoona even almost crashed into the shelves behind her. 

 

“Just because she said I did it doesn’t mean I really did it! I never molested her! I have never done something like that in my entire life!“ 

 

It had been an infamous accusation. A misunderstanding. Or maybe Taeyeon had claimed it on purpose, who knew. For whatever reason, it was a lie in the end! And Yuri wouldn’t accept it as anything else!

 

But regarding Taeyeon… To be completely honest Yuri had been attracted to Taeyeon instantly. Her soft voice had caressed Yuri’s soul the very moment she asked her for her driver license and vehicle documents. Yuri had felt like a lioness during feeding time, Taeyeon being a deliciously looking deer right in front of her eyes. The petite woman had fitted perfectly into her predator-prey system. 

 

It was just natural that Yuri had tried to seduce Taeyeon, playing with her hair, ping her leather jacket to show off what she had to offer and flirting with the officer as if there was no tomorrow. Okay, maybe…but just maybe…Yuri had been a bit too aggressive but since she usually wasn’t the type to flirt with just anyone, meeting a goddess like Taeyeon, a little angel in a uniform…Yuri simply had to pull out all the stops.

 

If she had known that the angel on the outside was nothing else than coverage of some nasty devil, she would have stopped on the spot. Yuri’s attempts to wrap Taeyeon around her fingers had turned out as the base to get a ticket for ual harassment. And all of that even though Yuri had been sure that her plan was working out with Taeyeon… she could have sworn that Taeyeon had been blushing for some times and that she was looking at her the same way Yuri was looking at the officer.

 

“Anyhow! She booked me every single day! A whole week long! Do you know how much that is?!“, Yuri bursted out in anger. With every day passing and every new ticket, Yuri had developed some kind of hate - affection towards Taeyeon and both had started their very own personal war.

 

“Sounds like a lot… but is she still fining you on purpose?“, Yoona asked and she seemed to have hit a weak point.

 

The woman in black was suddenly gnarling and let out a deep sigh.

 

“No she’s not…she suddenly disappeared one day…“, Yuri answered discontented.

 

The woman didn’t know how the cashier was doing it, but Yoona was constantly pushing the right buttons to get all the information out of Yuri, she had wanted. Or latest was just desperately in need to share her problem with someone and get some advise to change the current situation. “Sooo?“

 

“…I ran into her again by coincidence, finding her stationed somewhere in the city center after that week…and then I went there everyday because I wanted to talk to her.“ The confession was slipping sheepishly over the wild child’s lips. The usually tough woman was looking embarrassedly at the ground, even blushing a bit.

 

“Which means you’re a stalker.“, Yoona put it into words.

 

“I’m not a stalker! If someone’s a stalker, then it’s Taeyeon and not me! She started this bullcrap after all! I just wanted to talk her to task for fining me the whole time! She was seriously waiting for me at the same spot the same time every day! That wasn’t coincidence!“ 

 

Yuri was definitely no stalker…!

 

“I just checked what she was doing…and why she left. But she didn’t pay a lot of attention to me anymore since where I found her afterwards, I wasn’t involved into any crimes like speeding or stuff…that’s why I had to commit peccadilloes to get her attention and make her talk to me.“ And with this the two women had changed their positions. As Yuri had been annoyed by Taeyeon in the first place, after being stationed at another place, Taeyeon had been the one being bothered by the troublemaker. She could have been spared, the only thing Yuri had wanted was Taeyeon to explain herself and tell Yuri why she had been picking on her for a whole week.

 

“Are you kidding me? You got fined because you wanted to be? You did it on purpose?“

 

Sad but true, this was how it happened. Even though Yuri had been extremely annoyed by Taeyeon, once the beautiful woman was gone, the biker couldn’t keep her calm anymore. She had started to miss that blatant police officer and the fights with her. That’s why she had bugged her.

 

“They were just minor crimes… it wasn’t that expensive.“

 

Well, summed up it was.

 

To gain Taeyeon’s attention Yuri had gone as far as throwing eggs at police cars, driving without her helmet or even driving her motorbike straight over the pavement through the masses of people. She had annoyed Taeyeon just as much as Taeyeon had annoyed Yuri… the only difference was that the one being fined and had to pay was all alone Yuri.

 

The doors of the fuel station were suddenly opened, the ringing welcome sound at the entrance making Taeyeon’s arrival noticeable to the two women behind the cash desk.

 

“Hello?“, the female officer asked confused about the absence of the station staff.

 

Yoona quickly got up and smiled at the woman in front of her, tapping off the dust which was covering her from sitting at the ground. From the corner of her eyes she noticed how Yuri was giving her silent signs to not bust her.

 

“Welcome!“, Yoona greeted the police woman and started to cash up.

 

While Taeyeon was paying for the fuel, Yuri was nervously pressing her whole weight against the cash desk, praying that Taeyeon wouldn’t notice her. Whereas she had been trying to get Taeyeon’s attention for the past week in return for being tortured before, she had given up just a few days ago and now felt utterly stupid for trying so hard to get the woman’s attention but getting rejected still. 

 

“Have a nice day!“, Yoona bid her farewell and then directed her attention towards Yuri again. She hunkered down and tilted her head, shaking it slowly over the sight of a woman like Yuri acting like an embarrassed little child. 

 

“I really don’t get it. You tried so hard to get her attention and even paid an enormous amount of money for it, but now you’re hiding? Where’s the sense of it?“

 

She was the one to talk. Yoona didn’t know how Yuri was feeling at the moment. Even though she had never really confessed or even admitted her feeling for Taeyeon, she felt rejected to the cores of her existence. She felt stupid for acting out in the worst manners ever. Who on earth was bold enough to throw groceries after the police? The thought of it alone caused Yuri to blush in shame.

 

“I gave up a few days ago and didn’t show up in front of her again… after two weeks of collecting one ticket after another I couldn’t see the sense of it anymore. If she doesn’t want to talk to me anymore, I need to accept it. I made a fool of myself. I can’t even put into words how ashamed I am of myself…“

 

Yoona shook her head again and flicked her finger at Yuri’s forehead, getting her out of her depression with it.

 

“How can a biker girl like you, looking like some serious tough cookie, be such a crybaby? I mean… all your efforts were a sign that you must like that officer a lot. If you like her, why don’t you just go an ask her out? Wouldn’t that be the easiest way?“, the cashier suggested.

 

“I’m not into her…I just wanted-!“, Yuri tried to deny it but Yoona cut her off immediately.

 

“No excuses! Just go out and ask that lady to have a cup of tea or coffee with you! Go! Now! Otherwise she’ll be gone before you catch up with her!“

 

Her encouraging words were answered with a blank expression. Yoona even had to grab Yuri’s arm and get her up on her feet again.

 

“What are you waiting for?!“

 

She pushed the biker towards the exit, the tall woman almost stumbling over her own boots.

 

“Alright…! Thank you!“

 

Yuri slightly waved at Yoona and rushed outside. The cashier waved back at her with a satisfied smile before she noticed that she forgot about something.

 

“DAMN! I forgot that she didn’t pay!“ 

 

 

 

Taeyeon had almost reached the car. She would be gone every moment and Yuri didn’t know what set her up in panic more. The fact that she would more or less confess every moment or the fact that she would not if Taeyeon left first.

 

“KIM TAEYEON!“, Yuri shouted but it didn’t seem as if Taeyeon heard her.

 

“’Ugh! God damnit!“, she cursed and helplessly searched the area for something that might help her getting Taeyeon’s attention before it was too late… and she found something that might work out.

 

Next to the petrol station there was a parking lot on which a row of motorcycles was lined up, the owners of them being absent at the moment.

 

Her motorbike was her everything and of course she respected other biker’s property a lot… but this was an emergency case, she needed to act and so she ran over, stepping in front of the very first motorbike and then…kicked it.

 

Like dominoes the motorbikes one after another lost their balance and crashed to the ground, the sound of the smashing metal earsplittingly echoing across the whole place. 

 

Everyone at the petrol station was immediately turning around to see where the noise was coming from and Yuri had a dozen of eyes resting on her. Taeyeon’s inclusive.

 

“KIM TAEYEON!“, she shouted again and the woman was looking at the biker, her expression was shocked enough to make it visible even in a far distance. 

 

“FINE ME!“

 

Since the police officer was around, the rest of the gasoline station’s costumers were finishing what they were doing, not paying too much attention to the incident anymore. 

 

Taeyeon was walking in her regular speed towards Yuri. The closer she got, the clearer her frown got.

 

“Kwon Yuri, what the heck are you doing again? I thought I’d never see you again after you didn’t show up anymore the past days!“, she sighed and crossed her arms. At least she didn’t grab that freaking machine to print out another ticket. She was just looking at the troublemaker, shaking her head.

 

“I need to ask you something!“,Yuri said and gulped. Her heart was beating violently against her chest as if it attempted to jump out of it.

 

“Not again why I booked you two weeks ago…I told you that’s my job.“, Taeyeon muttered  in annoyance and rolled her eyes. “When will you stop that finally…?“

 

Yuri tried to ignore Taeyeon’s words. She was scared she’d lose all of her courage again.

 

“Will you have a cup of tea with me?“, she blurted out and looked at the ground, her hands forming fists.

 

Taeyeon didn’t answer. Instead there was only silence which left Yuri in insecurity.

 

Her head raised a bit again and she looked at Taeyeon who was covering . She was suppressing to burst out into laughters… gosh, this was just too embarrassing. This was enough. Starting today Yuri would never bother Taeyeon again. This obvious rejection was more than she could endure another time.

 

“Why didn’t you ask me from the beginning?“

 

The officer was giggling, her eyes forming a beautiful eye- smile.

 

Yuri was a bit surprised by her saying it that way. She had felt as if she had bothered Taeyeon the whole time.

 

“…but you fined me for ual harassment… “, Yuri mumbled in confusion.

 

“Yeah, because there’s a slight difference between stupid pick - up lines and a serious invitation to a drink.“, she explained. 

 

Really? That was the reason why she had accused Yuri of molesting her? Was Taeyeon in her right mind? Yuri couldn’t believe what she had just heard coming out of Taeyeon’s mouth.

 

“And what about ignoring me at work?“, Yuri wanted to know.

 

“How can someone working for the police flirt with another person during work when everyone can see? You should have approached me after work and not during work.“

 

Her explanations were slowly making sense to Yuri and leaving her feeling dumbfounded, but Taeyeon was laughing in amusement, her mood bright enough to pat Yuri’s arm.

 

“…and what about now? Aren’t you at work right now?“, Yuri wondered.

 

Taeyeon just smiled. “No, I just finished work recently and was about to head back home…and then this happened.“ 

 

She pointed at the smashed number of motorbikes. 

 

“I would have liked to accept your offer right now but as you see work his haunting me even during my free time.“ Again Taeyeon giggled and then took out a pair of handcuffs. “You know that I’ve got to arrest you for destroying others’ property?“

 

Yuri nodded and held out her wrists to the petite woman. 

 

“I wonder if you’re only using the handcuffs to arrest criminals.“, Yuri noted with a slight hint of a grin covering her lips.

 

“Maybe you’ll find out some day.“, Taeyeon replied and winked at Yuri before she gently took her hand and dragged her along to the police car.

 

 

 

 

 

3064 words