~final~

Insanity
Please log in to read the full chapter

The ticking, it goes tick, tock, tick, tock, over and over. There is no end. At first it was hard to sleep. Many nights awake, staring at the ceiling. The pulsing ticks rattling my brain. I wanted it to go away badly. Tick, tock, tick, tock, day and night. It was horrible.


I have stopped talking to people. They didn't understand. I would tell them about the ticking but they didn't know what I was talking about. Everyone called me crazy and insane. Didn't they know that they would become insane if they heard it too?


Locked up, all the time. People stare. Everyone stares. Weird looks on all of their faces. It might be my twitching. The ticks make me twitch and cringe. "No leaving the house." is one of my rules.


Anger, so much anger. Why won't it go away? I don't want it. The loud ticks control me. I am very angry at them, I yell at them to go away. My throat hurts but they wont listen. The more I scream, the louder they become. TICK TOCK. TICK TOCK.


I hate them. They don't go away. They will never go away. I hate the laughter too. Laughter, from down the hall, from behind me, from around the corner. It mocks me. It's like the ticks are mocking me. They are laughing at me. I hate them.


Surrounded by it, all the time. The ticking, laughing, twitching, everything. The knocks on the walls. Loud, very loud, knocking. KNOCK KNOCK. They are mixed with the ticking. Over and over. Non-stop. I am always surrounded by it.

Please log in to read the full chapter