Broken

These Scars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Weeks went by and, from what Leo could see, everything was getting better. N had been going to his therapy sessions, their schedules had gotten somewhat back to normal, and everyone was acting just as they had before. Leo and N’s relationship was still unknown to the others, but they would tell them when the time came. Everything seemed to be perfect.

From N’s eyes, this was completely untrue. He was just as busy as ever before, he barely had enough time to be with s, and there was never time for him to be with Leo alone. He still hated his therapist, but he didn’t want to tell the others because he didn’t want them to worry about him. He didn’t feel like he was getting any better. Sure, he hadn’t cut himself since the hospital but he thought about it constantly. He felt like the only reason he hadn’t done it was because all eyes were on him, and the fact that they had hidden all the sharp object in the house.

One day the members, except N who was busy with his DJ job, were lazily lounging around the house, enjoying the rare occasion where they had a day off. They were watching some show that had bad acting and zero plot line, but it was the middle of the day so what more could they ask for. After a while of this incessant boringness the phone rang, and Leo, all to ready to do something other than sitting on his all day, got up to answer it.

“Hello?” he asked politely into the receiver.

“Hello, this is Mrs. Lee from Dr. Park’s office. I was just calling to see if Mr. Cha would be attending this week’s session.” The woman on the other side, Mrs. Lee, said.

“Um… why wouldn’t he be attending his session?” Leo was beginning to get nervous about what she would say next.

“Well, sir, he has not shown up to his appointment in over two weeks and we just wanted to know if he was still planning on paying for appointments if he was not going to show.”

Dred washed over Leo then. N had not been attending his therapy sessions. He thought everything had been going so well, but once again he was blinded to what was going on in N’s life. Why did this always happen, how could he call himself a good boyfriend?

“Okay, I will talk to him.” He told the receptionist in a dazed voice and hung up the phone. He stood in the kitchen for a while thinking about the best way to approach N with this issue. He wasn’t going to be home till late tonight, the others would be asleep, and it would be the perfect time to talk.

“Leo? What are you doing?” Hongbin asked coming into the kitchen to grab a snack.

Leo snapped out of his daze and looked over to Hongbin, “Nothing, I was just going to make some popcorn. Want some?” Leo asked, trying to sound as normal as he could.

“Sure,” Hongbin said, leaning on the counter as Leo went to put the bag in the microwave. “So, who was on the phone? A girlfriend?” Hongbin teased.

“No.” Leo said but didn’t go into it any further.

“Haha, okay,” Hongbin said in a way that insinuated that he didn’t believe him.

“It’s not a girlfriend!” Leo threw a towel at Hongbin’s face and he fell on the floor laughing.

“Calm down Hyung, I know you like N,” Hongbin said when he finally got control of himself.

“What? How?” Leo asked shocked at the statement.

“Oh please, we all know. He is the only one you willingly cuddle with, you always smile at him, and you laugh at his dumb jokes plus one time when you thought we were all asleep, Hyuk saw you two kissing on the couch.” Hongbin said, and then ran away afraid of the reaction Leo would have to this news.

Leo stood in the kitchen in shock once again at the bomb that had been dropped on his head. He ran out into the living room where the other members were all whispering, presumably at what Hongbin had just said, and stood in front of them all.

“So you all know that N and I are together?” He asked, staring them all down.

They all nodded their heads in agreement to what he had just said. Hyuk giggled a little bit, obviously thinking about things he shouldn’t be. Hongbin hit him in the back of the head to shut him up.

“And you are all okay with it? You don’t think we are gross or hate us now?” Leo asked, genuinely concerned.

“Oh please. Of course we are fine with it. It is the 21st century. It’s stupid to think people can’t love who they want.” Ken said.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter