Dr. Lee

Dr. Lee

A/n: I had to change Jongin and Taemin's real ages to suit the story. Enjoy!

...

Jongin was sitting with Sehun in class. He wasn't feeling well today. He rested his head on the table, wanting to sleep. Sehun looked at him, a bit worried.

"Jongin, are you okay?"

"I'm fine." he mumbled without looking up.

"No, you're not. I'm the one that sleeps in class. What's wrong?"

Jongin looked up at his friend. "I'm feeling sick. I'll just go home after this class is over."

Sehun looked at Jongin's face and he looked pale. He touched his forehead with his hand. "Whoa, dude, you're burning. You should see a doctor."

"Nah, I'll just go home and sleep, then I'll be fine."

Sehun shook his head and stood up. Jongin looked at him, not understanding what he was doing.

"Mr. Jung?" Sehun called and the teacher turned around. "Yes, Sehun?"

"Jongin is not feeling well. He has a fever."

"Oh, well, you can accompany him to the infirmary."

"Yes, Mr. Jung." Sehun said and grabbed Jongin's arm making him stand up. Then, he gathered his friend's stuff and dragged him to the infirmary.

"Yah, who said I want to go there? I'll just go home." Jongin tried to release his arm from Sehun's grip but failed.

"They say there's a gorgeous new doctor here."

"I don't care. I wanna go home."

"Ugh, just shut up and follow me."

"Yah, Oh Sehun, I'm older than you. Show some respect." Jongin protested but his friend ignored him.

They kept walking until they reached a brown door at the end of the hallway. Sehun knocked and waited. A girl with a nurse uniform opened the door. "How can I help you?" she asked.

"Um, my friend here has a fever." Sehun said.

"Oh, okay, you can rest inside. The doctor will be here soon." she told Jongin and opened the door wider for him to come in. Sehun pushed his friend inside and pulled him to one of the beds. Then, he gave him his backpack. "I'll go back to class. Bye, Jongin." Sehun waved at him then went back to class.

Jongin scoffed. "That idiot." he looked around the room. It was big, with at least four other beds. But there was no one else there. Well, it wasn't as bad as he thought. He could still sleep there, right? He took off his jacket, laid on the bed and closed his eyes, then fell asleep shortly after.

...

Jongin felt someone touching his forehead. He opened his eyes slowly and looked at the person in front of him. It was a man. A very beautiful man, wearing a white coat. Jongin gulped and his eyes widened. 'Holy . Sehun wasn't joking when he said the doctor was gorgeous.' he thought. The man in front of him smiled and Jongin felt like fainting any second.

"Hi. I'm Dr. Lee, the new doctor. I've been waiting for you to wake up. How are you feeling?" the doctor asked with a smile. He could swear this doctor was the hottest, prettiest and cutest one on earth. And it was driving him insane.

"Uh, I... I'm... Well, I-I don't know..." Jongin stuttered.

The doctor chuckled softly. "What's your name?"

"Huh? Me? Um... J-jong-jongin." he stuttered again.

"Okay, Jongin, the nurse told me you had a fever. But it's gone now. I'll just check your heart rate."

Jongin almost fell unconscious when the gorgeous doctor pronounced his name. Then, he realized something. The doctor said he was going to check his heart rate. Which means: first, Dr. Lee will have to touch his bare chest and second, Dr. Lee will figure out that his heart was beating faster than normal. He gulped. Dr. Lee got closer to Jongin, loosening his tie and slowly ing his shirt. Then, he grabbed the stethoscope around his neck and gently placed the small disc on Jongin's chest, listening closely to his heartbeat. Jongin tried controlling it but he couldn't. His heart beat faster when he felt Dr. Lee's fingertips touching his chest. The doctor frowned and looked at Jongin. "Jongin, are you sure you're okay?"

"Y-y-yes?"

"Your heart is beating so fast. What's wrong?"

"N-nothing. I-I'm okay, really."

And then Dr. Lee smiled, finally realizing what caused Jongin's fast heart rate. He put away the stethoscope and looked back at Jongin, who was silently watching him. The doctor started buttoning up Jongin's shirt.

"I can do it myself. Y-you don't have to..."

"Just let me do it. I want to." Dr. Lee smiled and adjusted Jongin's tie then grabbed his jacket. "Get up." he said. Jongin did what he was told and Dr. Lee put the jacket on him. Then, he gave him his backpack.

"You can go back to class now. If anything happens to you, don't hesitate to come to me, okay?" the doctor patted his back and Jongin nodded, then walked to the door. Before opening it, he turned around.

"D-doctor Lee?" he called.

Dr. Lee looked up at him. "Yes?"

"CanIknowyournameplease?" Jongin said it so fast and low that the doctor couldn't even understand it.

"Excuse me? I didn't hear you." he chuckled.

"Um... C-can you please tell me your name?" Jongin looked at the ground.

Dr. Lee smiled. "Of course. I'm Taemin. Lee Taemin."

"T-thank you." Jongin bowed and left. He went back to class and opened the door slowly.

"Jongin? You're late. Where were you?" Mr. Kim said.

"Uh, sorry, I was in the infirmary." Jongin replied.

"Oh, okay, go to your seat."

Jongin walked to his seat next to Sehun and sat down. "Dude, that doctor is the hottest one I've ever seen in my life." he whispered.

"I knew it. You should thank me now." Sehun smirked.

"He drove me nuts, I swear. I never stuttered that much my whole life."

"Jongin! Stop talking!" the teacher yelled.

"Sorry, Mr. Kim." Jongin muttered.

The bell rang after a few minutes. Jongin and Sehun gathered their stuff and left school together.

"Where are we going now?" Jongin asked.

"To get bubble tea." Sehun laughed and Jongin rolled his eyes.

"I'm sick of your bubble tea, Sehun."

"So, tell me about that doctor." Sehun tried changing the subject and it worked.

Jongin's face brightened. "Listen, I got a crush on him. I think I'm starting to believe in the 'love at first sight' thing."

Sehun laughed. "Wow, well, do you know his name at least?"

"Yeah. He just said he's Dr. Lee at first but I asked him for his name before I left."

"Oh, and what is it?"

"Taemin."

"So, that's all you got? Only his name?"

"Yeah, but I'll get him soon, believe me. He's mine."

Sehun laughed. "Yeah, we'll see about that."

"Yah! You'll see! He'll be my boyfriend soon."

"He might not even be gay in the first place."

"Then he'll turn gay for me."

"Yeah, sure."

...

Jongin went to school the next day and went to class. He sat next to Sehun as usual. Their teacher wasn't there yet.

"Sehun, you have to help me."

Sehun looked up at his friend. "Well, good morning to you too, Jongin."

"Yeah, whatever. Seriously now, you need to help me."

"Help you do what?" he asked and rested his head on the table again.

"I have to go see Taemin today."

Sehun looked up again. "Wow, you're already calling him by his name only. Anyways, why do I have to help you? Don't you know the way to the infirmary?"

"I can't go to the infirmary unless I'm sick or injured."

"Well, just pretend that you're sick."

"I can't pretend that I'm sick. He's a doctor. He'll figure it out."

Sehun huffed. "Ugh, what do you want me to do then? I can't make you sick."

"I know." Jongin said and Sehun kept looking at him until he realized it.

"Seriously? You want me to hit you?"

"Yeah."

"You're out of your mind, Jongin."

"I know, now, will you do it or not?"

"No, dude, I can't hit you." he shook his head.

"Please, Sehun! I'll buy you bubble tea." Jongin tried.

Sehun thought for a second then shook his head. "No, I can't do that to you. Why don't you just go pick a fight with someone?"

"Because I don't want any trouble. I just want to see him."

"Yeah, right. You just wanna get into his pants." he rolled his eyes.

"No, I don't!" Jongin protested and Sehun raised his eyebrows. "Well, yeah, I want to but it's not my main purpose here. Look, I have a crush on him and I want him to be my boyfriend so bad. And I need you -my only best friend- to help me. So will you do it, please?"

Sehun sighed. "I shouldn't have took you to the infirmary yesterday. There's really no hope for you, buddy, you're in too deep now."

"Sehun, will you help me or not?"

"Will I have to do this many times later?"

"No, only this time. I'll figure out another way later."

Sehun sighed again. "Alright, but don't ever ask me to do it again."

"Yeah, yeah. Thank you, Sehunnie." Jongin hugged his friend.

"Hey, get away from me, dude, I'm not gay." Sehun laughed and pushed him away.

"You're just a friend to me, Sehun, there's only one man in my life."

"Yah! So, this is what I get for helping you?" The younger pouted and Jongin laughed.

"You'll always be my one and only best friend, Sehunnie, don't worry." he patted his shoulder.

Sehun smiled happily then laughed. "Alright, it's getting awkward now."

"Yup." Jongin laughed too.

...

The bell finally rang at 12. Everyone grabbed their stuff and left their classrooms. Jongin was leaving when Mr. Jung called him.

"Jongin, come here for a second." he said.

Sehun looked at Jongin and the latter shrugged. Sehun left the classroom and Jongin went to the teacher's desk. "Did I do something wrong, Mr. Jung?" he asked.

"Well, no,  but you seemed so distracted today. Usually you always pay attention to the lesson. What's wrong?"

"Oh, uh, nothing, just some personal matters, I guess."

"Okay, then, but you can always talk to the school doctor if there's something wrong."

"Oh, yeah, I will, definitely." Jongin smirked.

The teacher smiled. "Alright then, you can go now."

Jongin bowed and left the classroom. Sehun was waiting for him outside.

"What was that about?" he asked as they walked along the hallway.

"Nothing, just that I've been distracted today."

"Oh, and what did you say?"

"Personal matters."

Sehun laughed. "Seriously?"

"You won't guess what he told me then."

"What?"

"He said I can always talk to the school doctor if something's wrong." Jongin chuckled.

Sehun burst out laughing. "If only he knew the truth."

"Yeah, speaking of the school doctor. You have to hit me, remember?"

"Oh, right. So, you want me to do it now?"

"Yeah."

"In the face?"

"Yeah."

And so, Sehun punched Jongin in the face so hard that his nose started bleeding.

"Oww! Ow! It hurts!" Jongin touched his nose and saw the blood on his fingers.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to punch you that hard." Sehun gasped.

"No, it's okay. It just... hurts more than I thought. But you have to do it again."

"What?! No way I'm doing this again."

"I need to look like I really got in a fight or something. I want my lips to bleed."

"Oh, your lips, huh?" Sehun smirked.

"Just shut up and punch me. On my mouth."

Sehun looked at him for a moment then threw his fist right to Jongin's lips, making them bleed as well.

"Ow! Holy !" Jongin yelped in pain.

"Sorry!" Sehun felt guilty for doing such thing.

"No, don't apologize. I asked you to do it. Thanks, man."

"I'm never doing this again! And you're still buying me that bubble tea."

Jongin chuckled. "Yeah, yeah, I will."

"Alright, stop talking and go get him now." he patted his shoulder.

"Yeah, wish me luck."

"Good luck, now go." he pushed him lightly.

Jongin smiled and walked to the end of the hallway. Sehun shook his head and chuckled before leaving.

Jongin stood in front of the infirmary door and took a deep breath. His heart started racing already. He closed his eyes and knocked. The door opened after a few second and Jongin had a mini heart attack when he saw the man he had a crush on.

"Oh my god, Jongin, what happened to you?" Dr. Lee asked. Jongin could even hear his own heartbeat now. Dr. Lee remembered his name.

"Um, well, m-my friend got in a fight and I got hit as well." he stuttered again.

"Oh, come in. Let me clean your wounds." Taemin opened the door for Jongin and went to his desk. He bent down and opened one of the drawers, looking for cotton and an antiseptic. Jongin couldn't help but check him out from behind. He wasn't wearing his white coat today. He looked at him, bending down in tight pants. ', Taemin, why are you doing this to me?' he thought. He felt blood rushing to his crotch and he looked away. He didn't want Dr. Lee to notice that. He closed the door and sat down at one of the beds. Taemin came and sat down beside him. He looked at him then took a small piece of cotton and soaked it with antiseptic.

"Listen, it'll hurt a bit, but I'll be gentle, I promise. Here, you can hold my hand if you want." He put away the bottle and offered his hand for him. Jongin looked at Taemin's hand and held it with his own shaking one. Taemin's hand was smaller and softer than his. 'Even his hand is cute.' Jongin thought.

Taemin removed some of Jongin's hair that was covering a part of his face and looked into his eyes. "Who could be that cruel to hurt a face like yours?" he smiled and started cleaning the blood dripping down Jongin's nose. Jongin flinched when he felt the cold substance on his skin then he realized what the doctor just said. 'Jongin, it's your chance. It's now or never.' he told himself. He looked at Taemin in the eye and smiled. "Is that supposed to be a compliment, Dr. Lee?" he asked.

Taemin smiled shyly and looked away. "Yeah, it is."

Jongin blushed. "T-thank you."

Taemin gently squeezed Jongin's hand and started cleaning his bruised lip. Jongin flinched again, this time from pain. The alcohol burned his bruised skin.

"So, you won't tell me who did this to you?" Taemin asked.

"N-no, I don't want to cause trouble to anyone."

"Oh, you're so sweet, Jongin, but they deserve trouble since they hit you. At least tell me what happened." the doctor finished curing Jongin's wounds and put the cotton and antiseptic away.

"It's just a fight my friend got into and I had to go with him."

"Okay, you know what? I was going out to get lunch when you came. You don't have class now, right? How about you come with me?"

Jongin's face brightened and his heart nearly jumped out of his chest. "R-really?"

Taemin chuckled and nodded. "Yes, really."

"Sure!" Jongin grinned happily.

Taemin smiled and let go of Jongin's hand to stand up. He put on his jacket and opened the door. Jongin stood up and followed him. They left the infirmary together and walked along the hallways. Taemin noticed some girls were constantly eyeing Jongin.

He laughed softly. "Looks like many girls got their eyes on you in here."

Jongin looked at him and smiled awkwardly. "Yeah, well, unfortunately for them, I'm not interested, at all."

"Why not? Do you have a girlfriend?"

"Uh, no, actually, I mean I'm not interested in girls in general." Jongin replied nervously and waited for Taemin's reaction.

"Oh. So, you're gay." Taemin stated and tried to hide his smile.

"Y-yes. I hope it doesn't bother you or anything." Jongin stopped and looked at him.

"Oh, no, no, not at all. Actually, I'm gay too." he chuckled and motioned for Jongin to keep walking.

"Oh. Um, great then, I guess..." Jongin smiled widely. They left the school and walked in the streets silently.

"Listen, do you like meat?" Taemin asked suddenly.

"Um, yeah. Why?"

"Because it's my favorite food and that's what we're going to eat."

Jongin chuckled. "Okay. Do you like chicken, then?"

"Yeah, since it's considered as a kind of meat."

"Great, I love chicken!" Jongin smiled happily and Taemin laughed softly at him. They entered a restaurant near the school and Taemin ordered beef steak for both of them before they sat on one of the tables.

"Um, Dr. Lee?" Jongin called.

"Don't call me Dr. Lee. I already told you my name. Just call me Taemin or hyung."

"Taemin hyung."

"Yeah, that's better. So, what did you want to say?"

"Um, I wanted to know how old you are. Because you look so young."

Taemin smiled. "I'm 25. I just graduated from university last year."

"Oh, you look so much younger, really."

"You're 18, right?"

"Yeah, how did you know?"

"I figured it out. I thought you couldn't be younger since you're already taller than me." Taemin chuckled.

"Oh, come on, Taemin hyung, I'm not that tall." Jongin whined.

"Yes, you are. You're still young, you could get even taller."

"Are you making fun of me?" Jongin pouted.

Taemin laughed. "No, no, I'm not. Sorry. Actually,  it's hot, when you're tall."

Jongin's cheeks instantly turned red. "Oh... Th-thank you."

Then, the waiter came with their food and put their plates on the table then left.

"Eat, it's so delicious, believe me." Taemin gestured for Jongin to eat. Jongin nodded and started eating.

"Hmm, you're right. It's delicious. I bet they make good chicken too."

"Yeah, we'll eat chicken next time." Taemin smiled.

"Next time?" Jongin grinned.

"Um, yeah, if you want to, of course."

"Of course I want to!"

Taemin chuckled then he remembered something. "Oh, right, won't you tell me about that fight you got into?"

"I told you, I got involved into it because of my friend."

"Your friend? As in boyfriend?"

"No, no, my best friend. I don't have a boyfriend."

"Hmm, did you come out yet?"

"Well, no, not really. I only told Sehun, my best friend."

"You must really trust him to tell him about such thing. But why did you tell me?"

"Huh? Um... I have no idea. I guess I thought you should know."

"Why should I know?" Taemin smiled, amused.

"I don't know." Jongin cleared his throat. "Tell me, do people know that you're gay?"

"Yeah, I came out a few years ago. It wasn't easy, though."

"Oh, really? Tell me about it."

"Listen, it was really hard for me. Many of my friends stopped talking to me and I even got bullied by some people in my high school. It wasn't easy, I lost a lot of friends and nobody supported me, not even my parents, but it's been a long time now and I'm over it."

"Oh god, why does it have to be so complicated?"

"Look, don't worry about it, okay? Just because it happened to me, it doesn't mean that it always happens that way. You already told your best friend and he's okay with it. And I could help you too if you're thinking about coming out."

"You'll really help me? How?"

"Well, we'll see about that. Just tell me when you're thinking about telling people." Taemin smiled.

Jognin grinned and nodded. "I will. Thank you, Taemin hyung."

Taemin smiled and looked at his watch. "Come on, are you done eating? We should go back to school."

"Yeah, let's go."

They got up and went to the counter. Jongin took out his wallet and Taemin frowned. "Jongin? What are you doing?"

"Um, paying for my food?"

"No, I'm paying."

"But..."

"There's no but. I'm paying."

"Uh, okay. Thank you."

Taemin paid and they went back to school together.

"I have to go back to work now. See you later, Jongin." Taemin smiled and waved at Jongin.

"Bye, hyung!" Jongin grinned and walked away. He took out his phone and dialled Sehun's number.

"Yeah?"

"Sehuuuun!"

"What? Something happened with Dr. Gorgeous?"

"Well, lots of things happened. First of all, he's gay!"

"Oh, great then."

"Yeah, we had lunch together and talked."

"Really?"

"Yeah, we just got back to school. Oh, and he told me I can call him Taemin hyung now. He even said he'll help me when I'm thinking about coming out."

"Wow. You're making progress, Jongin. Good, I'm proud of you, buddy."

"Yeah, but, Sehun?"

"What?"

"I think I'm so ing deeply in love with him now."

"Oh, boy. Let's just hope it all goes well because I swear to god, if Dr. hottiepants hurts you I'm gonna cut off his balls and stuff them into his mouth."

Jongin laughed loudly. "Thanks, Sehunnie."

...

Jongin and Taemin had lunch together twice in the next two weeks. But Jongin still wanted to see him every day, he would just keep walking around the infirmary until he would see him. He would say hello and then leave. But it wasn't enough for him, and he was getting impatient. He wanted Taemin to be his boyfriend as soon as possible. So, he decided not to go see him for a few days and see what will happen then. But it wasn't paying off well so he started thinking about something else.

"Sehun, you have to help me." Jongin told Sehun when they got out of class.

"Is it about Dr. Gorgeous?"

"Yeah."

"No punching?"

"No punching."

"Okay, what do I have to do?"

"I wanna make him jealous."

"Whoa, stop right there, dude. You know very well that I'm straight."

"I know, I know. I just thought you could hug me or something like that."

"Oh, okay then. You wanna do it now?"

"Yeah."

"Okay, what do we have to do exactly?"

"We stay near the infirmary and when you see him, just hug me or something. He always goes out to eat lunch at this rate of hour."

"Okay, let's go then." Sehun said and they kept walking to the end of the hallway, where the infirmary was. They stayed there and waited for Dr. Lee to come out.

"Hey, Jongin, I think someone's opening the door."

"Oh, good, is it him?"

"Wait, he didn't come out yet." Sehun waited for the door to open completely. "Yeah, yeah, it's him."

"Is he coming here?"

"Yup."

"Great, hug me now."

Sehun pretended to laugh and jumped on Jongin, hugging him tightly. "Aww, thank you, Jonginnie, I love you!"

Taemin turned around when he heard Jongin's name. He saw him hugging Sehun and frowned.

Jongin chuckled and played along. "I love you more, Sehunnie."

Taemin widened his eyes. 'I thought Sehun was his best friend. Could he have lied to me?' he thought.

Sehun kissed Jongin's cheek and glanced at Taemin. "He's looking." he whispered in Jongin's ear.

Taemin was burning with jealousy now. 'What the is he saying to him?' he asked himself.

"Oh, really?" Jongin grinned.

"Yes and he doesn't look like he likes what he's seeing." Sehun whispered in Jongin's ear again.

Taemin lost it now. He couldn't let that happen. He started walking towards them.

"He's coming." Sehun whispered and pulled away from Jongin then pretended to smile at him and ruffled his hair.

Taemin felt like punching Sehun in the face now. He walked close to them and cleared his throat.

Jongin and Sehun turned to him.

"Oh, hello, Dr. Lee" Sehun bowed and tried to hide his laugh. Taemin just faked a smile and turned to Jongin.

"Jongin? I didn't see you these last few days. Is something wrong?" Taemin asked.

"Huh? Um, no, nothing's wrong."

"Hmm, can you come with me for a second?" Taemin grabbed his arm without waiting for his answer.

"Uh, okay. Bye, Sehunnie! See you later." Jongin waved at Sehun while being dragged away by Taemin.

Sehun laughed. "Bye, Jonginnie!" he waved back and walked away.

Taemin dragged Jongin to the infirmary. He closed the door after they both got in.

"Taemin hyung? Is something wrong?" Jongin asked.

"Uh, no. I just wanted to talk."

"Oh, okay, what is it?"

"Are you dating Sehun?"

"N-no."

"Are you sure? I mean I saw you earlier and you looked pretty... close, closer than what best friends are supposed to be." Taemin raised an eyebrow.

"I'm not dating him. Sehun is straight. But why are you asking me this?"

"Why? You said why, huh?" Taemin walked closer to Jongin.

Jongin nodded hesitantly. Taemin kept approaching him and Jongin stepped back until his back hit the wall.

"You want to know why?" Taemin asked and took another step towards Jongin, leaving only a few inches between them.

Jongin's heart started racing. "Yes, I want to know why." he said.

Taemin pulled him down by his tie and crashed his lips onto Jongin's. He kissed him passionately like he's been waiting for this moment since ages. Jongin was overwhelmed by the sudden kiss and it took him a few seconds to actually realize what was happening. When he did, he kissed him back and his lower lip hungrily. Taemin slipped his tongue inside Jongin's mouth and savoured the sweet taste. But Jongin started feeling the lack of oxygen in his lungs and had to pull back to breathe.

"... Well, that was unexpected. But it was definitely the best moment of my life." Jongin said while panting heavily.

"Jongin?" Taemin called and gently caressed his cheek

"Hmm?"

"I love you."

"Oh, I-I... You... Oh my god. I love you too! I love you so much!" 

Taemin smiled widely and quickly pecked his lips. "I want you to be mine. Only mine. You understand?" he whispered and ran his hand through Jongin's hair.

Jongin grinned. "It worked."

Taemin tilted his head in confusion. "Huh? What worked?"

"When you saw me with Sehun. I just did it to make you jealous. And it worked."

"Yah! Kim Jongin, you will regret this." Taemin pouted.

Jongin kissed his lips and smiled. "Sorry."

"You still haven't answered me though."

"Huh?"

"I said I want you to be mine only."

"I am. I'm all yours, Taeminnie. Forever."

Taemin grinned and hugged him. "And I'm all yours too."

"So, we're a couple now?"

"Yes, we are."

"Taemin?"

"Hmm?"

"You're the first person I ever kissed."

Taemin pulled away to look at Jongin in the eyes. "Really?"

"Yeah."

"Promise me that I'll be the last one as well."

"I promise."

Taemin smiled and kissed Jongin lovingly. Jongin smiled into the kiss. "I love you, Dr. Lee." he whispered.

 

 

Author's note: Thanks to all of those who subscribed. I hope you like this oneshot. I just got sick last week and I was staying at home, watching videos of Taemin. And then I imagined Taemin as a doctor and this was the result. haha

Anywyas, thank you for reading. Please comment and tell me what you think about it ^^

Oh, right, I have something to tell you guys, I'm working on another Taekai story hehe

Byeee!