Two

The Smile-less Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today I discovered the feeling of rejection. It was NOT nice. It wasn't technically a rejection but maybe the feeling of getting ignored by the person who you want to get attention from. I was quite despondent after what happened, however, it doesn't necessarily mean it's the end. And I won't give up yet. I will keep trying.

 

Flashback

 

It was math class, exactly 1:30 in the afternoon, so you wouldn't expect me to concentrate on the teacher. I was just gazing at Yeri features, scrutinising each one. She looked so vulnerable. I had the desire to just protect her from anything causing her danger.

 

Despite me sitting there next to her, she did not move. It was as if someone cast a spell on her so that she no longer had any mobility.

"Yeri are you ok?" I asked as quietly as possible. I didn't want the teacher to catch me red handed especially because I wasn't even paying attention to what she was saying.

 

It was as if I was waiting for my death. I suddenly felt like I should have said nothing because Yeri said nothing... It was just utter silence.

I'm guessing the rushing blood in my cheeks, made the shade of red appear a thousand times more vivid because my friend commented on how red I am.

 

I was itching to just run away. I had become somewhat crestfallen.

I know it's no big deal because maybe she just didn't hear me or something, but I still have no satisfaction that she knows I exist.

Once class finished, I felt relief run through my body. I was finally able to breathe freely.

 

I felt too disheartened today so I ended up staying after school on the benches instead of going to the ice rink. It's something childish of me. But I ought to be because I was technically rejected by the girl I've been liking for more than a year now and the chance that I had to converse with her was ruined.

 

---

As soon as I sit down on the bench, Taehyung calls me.

"Hey Jungkookie, want to hang out?" He asks. I heard hysteric laughing in the background, obviously, it was Hoseok Hyung. I smiled lightly. I can't lie and say I haven't missed them. It's been a while since we have hung out.

 

"I'm not in the mood today Hyung" I lifelessly reply. No matter how much I would like to hang out, I ought to be a pain in the , especially because I was rejected.

 

"Come on, all of us are here at the dance studio, it's been months!"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter