Sing for me, Jinyoungie

I Love You (I Do)
Please log in to read the full chapter

NOTE: I started writing this after the MarkJin vApp moment when Mark asked Jinyoung to sing JB's part in Confession song. MarkJin is just too cute and fluffy ok! And yes, I finally managed to finish writing this one-shot. YAY THE FIRST FANFIC I FINISHED WRITING... EVER! HOORAAAAY! I know it's messy, please forgive me. I'll work harder!!! Anyway, Happy Holidays everyone! :) Hope you're all having a grand and amazing one! Love you!^^ 

Bundled up in a thick white comforter and eating ramyun on his bed, Mark Tuan checked his phone for the 5th time that morning. 

10.17am

He sighed and the television, hoping that watching mindless variety shows could magically make time move at a faster pace. 

Mark was sick with the flu and even though he was quite pleased with the opportunity to skip school and take a breather from academic stress for a legitimate reason, he felt like he was missing something. No -- someone. Someone whose last name rhymes with his first name. Someone who goes by the name Park Jinyoung.

Even though the two were together the day before and the days before that, Mark still found himself needing Jinyoung's care and affection. As the latter's best friend, he always had the advantage of receiving Jinyoung's warmth in a frequency greater than what his other buddies were getting. It was still not enough for Mark, though. He attributed this need to the fact that he was not feeling well, thus, craving for somebody to look after him was perfectly reasonable.

Never mind the thoughts that had been tugging at the back of Mark's mind. Never mind how he had been craving for only one person's affection, or how he had been looking for it even on his not-sick days. Overthinking things was not helping the blonde-haired's state in any way so he decided to waste the time away by dozing off. He was sick, after all.

*******

Mark woke up slightly feeling better, the sleep and medicines finally having an effect on his system. He immediately checked his phone.

1:33pm and 2 new messages 

He was quite disappointed that it was just half past 1pm. Jinyoung's last class would end at 4pm and that meant Mark had to endure a couple more hours of being alone. The messages he received fortunately took away some of his disappointment. Both were from his best friend.

11:58AM

"Mark hyung~ I'm having my lunch now with the group. How are you feeling? Don't forget to eat your lunch and take your meds so you'd get better soon! Yugyeom said I was the reason why you got sick ㅠㅠ Sorry again, hyung ㅠㅠ  I will go there later, ok? Rest well^^"

Mark couldn't help but smile at Jinyoung's message. The latter was not exactly the reason behind his flu. Jinyoung was with him, however, last night, which was when he most likely caught it. The night before, he insisted on getting ice cream despite Jinyoung's protests and despite the cool winter air surrounding the city. Mark was having a bad day and all he needed was some ice cream and alone time with his best friend. Unsurprisingly, his friends (especially Jaebum and Jackson) were extra clingy to JInyoung that night, which obviously added to Mark's frustration. He could get pretty possessive with things he value most and he was not in the mood to share his favorite friend's attention. After Bambam suggested they go out to grab some samgyetang, Mark announced that he wanted ice cream instead. As expected, he received endless objections from his other friends. Mark stayed firm with his decision, though, partly because he really felt like he needed some ice cream AND mostly because he knew Jinyoung would be the only person who would be willing to grab the cold dessert with him. In the end, the two best friends went to an ice cream parlor and Mark got what he wanted -- ice cream and quality time with Jinyoung.

They stayed in the dessert place until around 11pm, just talking and rambling about the latest happenings in their lives -- mostly about Mark's basketball practices and Jinyoung's play rehearsals. Mark was starting to get colds and already had a sore throat brewing but he still wanted to hang out with his friend so he did not bother mentioning his weak state. As soon as Mark arrived in his dorm room, he immediately went to bed. He did not even get to drink lukewarm water to soothe his throat nor did he take medicines before going to bed... which resulted to his even weaker state now.

Waking up sick earlier that morning, Mark texted Jinyoung and told him that he wouldn't be going to school since they usually get breakfast together. 

No regrets, though. Mark thought as he recalled last night's events with a smile. He pushed himself off of his bed because yes, Jinyoung's message reminded him that he indeed needed to take his lunch and his medicines. Planning to just order chinese take-out, he was about to dial the number on his phone when he found a sticky note on his mini refrigerator.

"Dropped by this morning to check how you were feeling, hyung. I didn't wake you up because you needed to rest. I left you some bento meal and medicines, btw!^^ Eat and rest well! See you later~^^"

If Mark was smiling a few minutes ago, he was downright grinning now. Grabbing the bento meal and hopping into his bed again, he was about to text Jinyoung a thank you message when he read the second message the latter sent him about an hour before he woke up from his nap.

12:28PM

"Markie hyuuuung~ the coffee shop near our university is open already! JB hyung and I will go there now^^ Let's go there once you're ok already, ok?^^"

The grin that formed on Mark's face was immediately replaced by the scrunching of his eyebrows and an unsatisfied pout, a frown to put it simply, in milliseconds.

What the hell? Why couldn't he wait for me? Why did he have to go with Jaebum of all people? Well, forget it. I'm going there now. These thoughts ran through Mark's mind as he was going for the door when his head started throbbing like crazy again.

Maybe you really are the reason behind my sickness, Jinyoungie. "AIIIISH!" Mark groaned, hands on his hair, his frustration and sickness not making him feel any better. At all.

He was defeated, though. There was no reason for him to go there. What would they say? What would he say? That he got annoyed over Jinyoung not waiting for him so they can go to the new coffee shop together? Or that he got more annoyed that Jinyoung and Jaebum were going there together? He would sound like a... jealous boyfriend. Which he was definitely not. Nope. No. NEVER???----mind. Nevermind.

So that was what Mark did, he did not mind. Or he pretended not to by "forgetting" to respond to Jinyoung's messages. He knew he was acting in such a petty way but he was sick and frustrated and Jinyoung was not there and his feelings were all jumbled up and he just wanted to escape all these by sleeping some more. Well, s

Please log in to read the full chapter