First Impression

Mamihlapinatapei [GOT7 Fanfiction]
Please log in to read the full chapter

1

"Every ending is the start of every beginning. In the end, you can only regret the chances that you didn't take."

 

The first thought that came to me when I first set foot in South Korea was how beautiful this place really was. Incheon airport wasn't really as crowded as the airports that I'm used to see. There were a few tourists here and there coming out of the arriving gates and also others who were about to leave.

I jogged towards the large conveyor belt to retrieve my luggage - which only consists of my brown sling bag and my red backpack. I didn't bring much with me on my flight since my mom insisted that she would just send my other things via package.

I didn't come here to sightsee and travel, I came here to study and to achieve my dreams. But, I also want to experience a lot of things here. Might as well have a good time while I'm here, right?

Money also wasn't really a big problem since I've already saved up enough. Also, the training centre will provide me with an apartment and a monthly allowance. All I have to take care of is food and daily necessities. So, I'm positive that I can survive here.

After I reclaimed my luggage, I took out my phone from the pocket of my shorts and dialled my Aunt's number.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Auntie!"

"Aigooo! My sweet little niece! Where are you?" I couldn't help but chuckle at what she just said. "Have you arrived here in Korea?"

"Yup!" I said cheerfully. "I just arrived in South Korea. I don't honestly know where I could go. Can you, maybe, accompany me to the apartment that my school provided?"

"Oh, dear. I'm currently at work. I can go with you after I finish work. But, you can just go here and wait for me if you want to. It's easy to find this place by taking a cab." She explained.

My aunt also told me to write down the address of the place and I did as what she had said. After that she noted that I should speak to the receptionist when I arrive at her workplace and then she hung up.

Maybe she was actually really busy...

I heaved a sigh and hailed a cab. It was actually really lucky of me because the cab driver knows how to speak English and he's a really nice old man. Kind of reminds me of my dad, actually. I wouldn't know what I'd do if he couldn't understand me. I told him that I needed to go to my aunt and showed him the address of my Aunt's workplace.

An hour of driving passed, we finally arrived at the building where my Aunt works - JYP Entertainment. I thanked the cab driver and paid him. But before he left he gave me his phone number and told me that if I needed a ride, I can call him.

He's such a nice old man.

I heaved another sigh as I started to walk to the building's entrance. I was amazed by how big the company where my Aunt works. I still had that thought as I stepped inside the building.

"Uh, hello." Okay. The first sentence was fine, no one would think that I was actually nervous. "I'm Hana Lim and I'm here for my aunt, Miss Jessie Lim."

"Oh, yeah. Miss Jessie told me about you. Come this way, she'll be here in a couple of minutes." Oh my! Thank god that the receptionist speaks English.

I'm actually being lucky today!

I was asked to sit and wait at the place that looked like it's the lounge area because of the white sofas spread across the place and the couple of vending machines scattered there. Yep. Definitely a lounge area.

15 minutes had passed by, but there was still no sign of my Aunt. I stood up and asked the receptionist if I could leave my things with her since I have to go to the comfort room. She was kind enough to let me.

I thanked her and started to look around for a comfort room. The building was indeed really big that I had a really hard time trying to find the comfort room.

I wondered around the building a little more. I even tried reading the signs that I see around me, but, unfortunately, they were all written in Hangul. It was a really bad decision that I didn't study the language just before I went to Korea. If I did, I wouldn't have such a hard time.

Aish! And here I thought I'm lucky today. I just need a damn comfort room then everything's fine.

I was just about to turn to a corner when a guy suddenly appeared in front of me. Without realizing it, I bumped into him. I let out a tiny yelp as we both fell on the floor.

He was the first one to recover. I sat there on the floor, mumbling how stupid I was. I was a bit surprised when I saw him lend his hand to help me.

"I'm sorry!" I exclaimed as I took his hand. Something about the way his warm hand touching mine made me feel tingly inside so I quickly let go of his hand.

This time I could clearly see the guy's appearance. He was tall, really fair and his blonde almost little violet hair fell just above his eyebrows. His eyes were also a gorgeous shade of dark brown. In short, this guy is really handsome even with that uncommon hair colour. And he also looked like a reserved kind of guy. The situation suddenly made me feel embarrassed.

"A-are you okay?" I managed to ask him, my voice almost broke.

"곤찮아요.당신은요?" (I'm okay. What about you?)

Please log in to read the full chapter