Doojoon's Letter

Doojoon's letter

Inspiration : Saigo No Hitokoto



His hands shook as he wrote the letter as tears ran down his cheek. He sat at his oak desk as the desk lamp shed light on his true feelings...

To my love

My heart feels broken and bruised...                                      

Your departure has left me with nothing but a pile of scrumpeled up papers, of my thoughts that always wind up being about you, with this one probably being one of those many depressing thoughts. I sit in the house we once shared, surrounded by our memories. The photo frames hang up on the walls with our once happy faces, I pray to God that you still have that beautiful smile on your face because mine is stained with tears and regret. The clock ticks away with minutes that I wished I could be spending with you but here I am, lonely and without you. They say if you love something set it free and if it loves you it will return, well I still sit awaiting...days, weeks, months without you. I longingly look at my phone hoping to get a message or a phone call from you but the screen stays blank and silent.

I regret ever letting you go, I should have fought for us but I was just blinded by my own stupidity. Please come back to me. Please. I truly try to push my thoughts to the back of my mind but sadly I fail... The best part of having you was that I waited for my daily messages and cute phone calls with long cuddles and passionate kisses. Talking to you and texting you after my stressful day became something I looked forward to due to my stressful schedule as your chime sound filled my heart with joy and love. When you first called me sweetheart my heart skipped a beat as a smile curled onto my lips with ease because I knew you were the one for me. The way you wanted to be kept under the wraps made me know that you were serious about me.

Sending you that picture when I was drunk and on tour was my biggest mistake. I knew that I should have not gotten out to the clubs that night but once that alcohol skimmed my lips I knew that everything would be going downhill. When I saw that girl looking at me from the across the room I should of gone back to the hotel room but she pulled me towards her. My precious love, I am so sorry for the pain I caused you with the picture and the fact being that I denied anything that happened until tabloids came about. I would often ask myself what I did to deserve a sweetheart like you to come into my life, to hold me, to comfort me, to give me joy and happiness from day to day and then do something stupid like a kiss....

When the scandal hit CUBE I was forced to claim the girl was my new girlfriend and I agreed just to keep my head and reputation in the clear but clearly I lost all respect from you. You looked at me as if you had been shot and I felt my heart shatter because I knew that I should of said no to the idea and say that I had a fiancé that loved me but now I look at the ring that used to grace your slender finger and now sits in my palm lonely. Please baby, please come back to me for your sweet gestures will always remain in my heart...

I love you.

Love from your Doojoonie

Tears were now running down his cheeks as his sobs became harder and ran down to his chin and dripped down onto the page. He sniffed as he placed the fountain pen down and dropped his hands to his side. He sighed deeply as he wiped his eyes with the back of his hand. He looked at the paper before him and pondered at whether he should throw the letter away or not. After a few more minutes he grabbed the paper and placed it in an envelope and grabbed his shoes and coat as he walked to the destination for the letter.

After a twenty minute walked he arrived at the building and walked to the floor. He arrived on the fifth floor and room 415H. He looked at the mail slot at the door and kissed the letter before slotting it in the slot. He his heel as he began to walk when the door opened and a voice spoke up causing him to freeze in his place.

‘Doojoon...’