oo1

The Luck On My Side

Taeyeon closed her eyes briefly upon hearing the familiar sound of the doorbell ring as she entered the old music store just a few blocks away from her small apartment. She smiled at the guy behind the counter who gladly returned the smile with a small wave.

“Long time no see Kim!”

The guy said with a kind smile. Taeyeon hummed softly and nodded slowly as she was scanning the shelves. She bowed her head slightly in his direction before making her way to one of the shelves, her eyes fixated on the cd’s. She could vaguely hear the doorbell ring again signaling someone entered the store. She didn’t bother on checking who entered the store after her, she just needed to find what she was looking for.

“Maybe… just maybe I can find it in the tracklist”

She went to the audio player that was attached to the shelve and covered her ears with the headphones. Ofcourse her finger automatically pressed on the icon of one of Ed Sheeran’s albums. A small satisfied smile drew on her lips as she closed her eyes while listening to one of the songs.

She just stood there, headphones covering her ears, her gaze up high which made it look like she was deep in thought while for real she was just scanning her gaze through the shelve in the hope she would see the newly released cd of her favorite artist. Her head was tilted to the side slightly, her eyes were squinted as she was having difficulties while reading the titles on the cd covers. She now regretted that she purposely forgot her glasses at home.

She froze into spot. She had shivered slightly and she felt her heart skip a beat. She didn’t know what was wrong with her but she knew that this was a new kind of feeling. Was it the music? Was it because Ed Sheeran’s soothing voice? She didn’t think so. There was this scent hanging around her, so sweet yet refreshing. She turned her head slightly to get a better view of where the scent was coming from. There she was. Slowly walking, her gaze on the cd’s while her fingers were gliding over them smoothly. She couldn’t see clear, but she recognized beauty at its finest even without those glasses. And this girl was surely the most beautiful of them all.

“Sweet…”

She was only able to mumble that while she just stared at the girl with a hazy look in her eyes. She was mesmerized, she had never seen someone like her around. Well she didn’t see her face clearly, but her scent and the feeling Taeyeon got when she just walked past her like that. It must be something special.

‘No way Taeyeon, don’t even think of it. Stay away from her.’

She kept on watching the girl and smiled slightly as she saw the girl pulled out one of John Legend’s cd’s. She let out a soft sigh before focusing back on her search for the needed cd. She put the headphone off and hung it back on it’s place. She couldn’t find the cd in the shelve of the foreign music. Maybe she had more luck if she looked through the best sellers. She crouched down and looked through the glass cupboards. She bit her bottom lip as she pressed her index finger against the glass.

“It’s not here yet?

She just muttered to herself. It became a habit somehow since she lived by her own in such a big city. With only a hand full of some random friends scattered all over the city and her family who still lived at Jeonju. Ofcourse she was accompanied by her small dog Ginger who brought more joy in her life ever since moving to the big city Seoul.

“Can you find it?”

A husky voice. A strong muscular scent that forced itself in her nose. It was him again. Weird because she didn’t hear the bell of the door ring indicating for someone new to enter the store. She turned her head slightly a bit uninterested, her nose scrunching up in annoyance upon seeing his face.

“What do you want Seunghyun?”

She grumbled in annoyance which didn’t go unnoticed for the tall latter. He slid his hands in his pockets before squatting down beside the petite woman.

“Well what I want is you, Kim Taeyeon”

He looked at her with a smug smile plastered on his face. A smile she hates with all her might. She clenched her fists on her knees and robotically turned her gaze to the latter beside her.

“Look, Choi. I told you this the past what? 10 years? 11 years? You, me, us, it’s not going to happen so please forget about it”

She stated with a harsh voice keeping her tone low. Ever since they were teens he has had his eyes set on her. They spent a lot of time together, time that Taeyeon wished she could erase from her memory. The other people who they spent the time with weren’t that bad but Seunghyun just annoyed the life out of her since day one.

“Aw come on Kim don’t be such a party pooper. You know me, I can be a pretty descend guy”

He kept the smile on his face and all that Taeyeon wanted to do was slap in square across his face only for that annoying smile to disappear.

“Look Seunghyun, I don’t swing that way and out of all people you must know it like no other. I’m into women so please. Just go on with your life and I will go on with my own”

She nodded slightly and fixated her gaze back on the glass cupboard while rubbing her hands on her thighs out of frustration. She bit her tongue slightly as she still felt his presence beside her after a minute of silence. The uneasiness was unbearable to her, she just wanted to get up and walk out of the store but she knew she couldn’t, she must get that cd no matter how long it would take her.

“Taeyeon come on gi-“

That was it. She didn’t care anymore, she would go back the next day. She just had to get rid of this annoying guy. She got up and dashed out of the store with a fast pace. She was nearing the door when she suddenly felt a slight sting in her shoulder and heard a thud. She looked in front of her and saw the girl she saw earlier. She was on the ground, a plastic bag beside her with the logo of the shop on it. Her hair fell in front of her face. Taeyeon was busy scanning the girl’s appearance and what it looked like, she was in pain. Her hand was holding her slightly reddened knee which made Taeyeon feel more guilty. She bit her lower lip slightly and held her hand out for the girl to take so she could help her up.

“I-I’m sorry, I didn’t see you”

That’s only thing she managed to stutter out with her sudden weird accent she thought she lost after living in the big city for the past 8 years. She looked up at her with a weird look before taking her hand getting up slowly with Taeyeon’s help.

“Sorry… I didn’t quite get that…”

Taeyeon was caught off guard, well the girl looked quite foreign to her but she didn’t expect that she would get an answer back in fluent English with a slight American accent.

“W-what?”

She tilted her head a bit as her eyes grew a bit bigger not knowing what to answer back. She landed her eyes on the foreigners face and it felt as everything around them vanished. She was frozen in spot while the other girl was busily looking through her pocket-sized dictionary.

“Uhm… Sorry. Not from here”

Taeyeon nodded slowly with her jaw dropped down slightly at the beauty in front of her. She only managed to bring out a soft noise from the back of while nodding slowly. The girl bid her goodbye and left the store leaving Taeyeon behind, stunned.

“Kim where are you going?”

Again, the same voice. Taeyeon shivered slightly as she glanced behind her, she quickly made up her mind and dashed out of the store quickly jogging her way home.

‘Tomorrow. I’ll come and find you my precious Ed Sheeran’

 


 

 

A short chapter? Maybe too short?

tumblr_nx306hKfsN1sjp8ooo3_400.gif

_pinocchio_ out *peacesign*