Final

Security Has Been Called

Wonsik knew he shouldn’t have taken that dare. He knew it was a bad move on his part. He knew that shoplifting was wrong. It was illegal and he could get into a lot of trouble. But Wonsik just couldn’t make himself back down from the dare. It was stupid and childish of him, but he couldn’t say ‘no’ to his supposed friends.

And that was what found him sitting in the security room of the local mall, waiting for the security guard to come back and deliver his punishment.

And that, believe it or not, wasn’t even the worst part of his day.

Nope, that would be when the security guard had actually arrived at the store. At first, Wonsik had been hanging his head so he hadn’t seen the guard arrive. It was the store manager who’d alerted him, his annoyed voice calling out a greeting to the guard. Wonsik had looked up and immediately felt absolutely horrible.

The security guard who had arrived at the store was two things. First, he was Wonsik’s next door neighbor. The guard, Sanghyuk, had been living next door to Wonsik’s family for about a year and a half with his younger sister. Wonsik’s parents loved him and treated him and his sister like another son and daughter. Sanghyuk wasn’t that much older than Wonsik, only about four or so years older, and a college graduate, so Wonsik’s parents had asked if Sanghyuk could be a big brother-role model for Wonsik. Someone to guide the first year college student and help him figure out what he wanted to do with his life. Sanghyuk had agreed, so the pair spent a lot of time together.

This lead into the second thing Sanghyuk was; Wonsik’s crush. Getting caught doing something like shoplifting by your security guard crush was pretty bad.

“Hey,” Wonsik looked up to find Sanghyuk entering the room, “so I got this whole thing fixed.”

“Fixed?” Wonsik questioned, trying to figure out how on earth Sanghyuk would fix something like this.

“First,” Sanghyuk explained, “I talked the manager into letting this slide. Kind of a ‘first time warning’ type deal. And I also paid for the candy you were trying to lift.”

“You didn’t have to do that,” Wonsik frowned, not at all happy that his foolishness had cost Sanghyuk money.

He knew Sanghyuk’s job didn’t pay that well. And what he did get paid had to cover the cost of two people; Sanghyuk and his sister. Since Sanghyuk was the only source of income for the family of two, every penny counted and Sanghyuk had just spent several of them on Wonsik.

“If it keeps you out of trouble,” Sanghyuk shrugged, “then yeah, I have to do that.”

“I’m so sorry,” Wonsik hung his head, feeling so very young and stupid.

“How exactly did you end up here, Wonsik?” Sanghyuk asked, “I find it hard to believe that stealing was your idea. You’re not the type to break the laws.”

“I was dared,” Wonsik explained, that foolish and young feeling growing with each word, “by my friends. I should have said no, but…..”

“But you didn’t want to look weak,” Sanghyuk nodded in understanding, “well, I should tell you…..my help doesn’t come free. I want you to do a couple of things for me in return for fixing all of this and not telling your parents.”

“What?” Wonsik asked, more than happy to repay Sanghyuk in any way he could.

“First,” Sanghyuk said, “swear to me that you will never do anything like this again.”

“I swear,” Wonsik nodded.

“And second,” Sanghyuk smiled slightly, “you go out on a date with me.”

“Huh?” Wonsik blinked, thinking for sure that he’d heard wrong.

“You heard me,” Sanghyuk’s smile grew, “you go out on a date with me. Just one. If that leads into another……then so be it.”

“OK!” Wonsik grinned, not even trying to hide how excited he was.

A/N: just a cute little Rahyuk thing I through together