Date 001

25 Days of Snow, Hot Chocolate, and Kang Seulgi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Date 001.

 

From Irene:

    Guitar Center @ 12 PM

 

 

Seulgi pursed her lips as she read the text from her friend. She had half an hour before the date, so she decided to get ready. Wendy’s nagging replayed in her head, making her look through her closet carefully for a more “presentable” outfit. Seulgi decided on a white T-shirt, ripped skinny jeans, and her Adidas Superstars. She grabbed a baseball jacket as she quickly applied light makeup on her face. She didn’t look quite dressed up, but she felt that she didn’t look too shabby.

 

When Seulgi had finally found where Guitar Center was (even with a GPS, she was lost), she parked her car and walked in, the smell of wood from the guitars welcomed her, making her feel like she was in a log cabin. She admired the shiny instruments on display and couldn’t help but walk over and strum the strings softly, a little smile escaping her lips. She felt so at peace with music. She became so distracted, however, that she forgot about her little date.

 

“Seulgi-shi?”

 

The deep voice surprised her, she hesitantly turned around and was met with an unfamiliar face. He was tall, for one thing -- really tall -- and had big ears that kind of looked like hers. He had a bright expression and round, big eyes that made him look like an excited kid despite his voice and height.

 

“Ah...yes, I’m Seulgi. You are?”

 

“Nice to meet you, I’m Chanyeol,” he held out an hand, and she warmly shook it.

 

“So, uh, Chanyeol. Is there is a reason why you wanted us to meet at this guitar shop?”

 

“Yes,” he smiled, revealing his bright smile that lighted up his face. “Come on, I’ll show you around.” Without hesitation, he grabbed her hand, holding onto her tightly, as he dragged her to the back where there were private booths. He led her inside one, the walls lined with all sorts of guitars -- electric, acoustic, steel, bass -- and as Seulgi basked in all the different designs, Chanyeol had grabbed his own that he had hidden.

 

“You brought your guitar?” Seulgi asked incredulously as she sat down on a chair. Chanyeol took a seat across from her and innocently smiled in response. He ped it out of its case, tuning it. Looking at his quick fingers, she could tell he was experienced.

 

“I’ve been interested in music for a long time,” he started explaining as he continued tuning. “I don’t remember when, but it’s been a while. My dad bought me my first guitar and since then, we’ve been inseparable. I play it whenever I have free time.”

 

Seulgi smiled after hearing his story, “That’s amazing. You must be an expert, huh?”

 

“Not exactly an expert but...sort of,” he cockily grinned. “I wanted to play you this song.”

 

In a moment, a soft melody could be heard as he focused on strumming the chords. Soo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter