I love you

So Similar Yet so Different

"It's already 7 am. Let's go home and sleep at least 2 hours ... Then we will continue our searching." Leo was right, being for almost 24 hours awake can't be possibly healthy. I was dead tired and really needed sleep but I didn't want to waste precious time not searching for her. Every second and every minute was necessary. The more time I spend on Tiffany the possibility was greater to find her soon.

My eyes were shutting every once in awhile and I didn't want to keep him awake since it would be too dangerous to drive tired. Besides that I couldn't get out of Seoul without a car so I decided to go sleep for a few hours. 

"Let's just sleep in the car, alright?" 

"Okay, but just because I know you won't take a no as answer." I forced myself to smile before I leaned back to finally rest. 

"Here put this on." I opened my eyes again and saw him taking off his coat. I welcomed his nice gesture and took the coat. As I put it on he leaned forward over my lap and outstretched his arm next to the seat where the nub was to move the backrest down. 

Although Tiffany wasn't there, I could feel a little bit at ease since her brother was laying next to me and the car smelled exactly like her. When I closed my eyes I imagined her next to me. How she peacefully slept next to me in our bed. I imagined that she was actually safe ... Safe with me. 

-------
[TIFFANY] 

It was oddly warm and comfortable. Was that a dream again? I wasn't kidnapped or hit and didn't need to break up with Taeyeon ... Just a dream? 

I snuggled closer than I was already but shifted back when I invaded the scent of someone else other than Taeyeon. 

"Hey... Please don't be afraid. I won't hurt you." She said, pulling me by my waist closer. Since it was dark all the time it was hard for me to adapt to the brightness. I squinted my eyes waiting for my pupils to adjust to the perfect size. When I saw Jiyeon looking at me smiling I pushed her away and sat up, rubbing my eyes. 

"What?"

"You do know that I have a girlfriend, right?" 

"You, too, good morning. Yes, that's me." 

"No, please listen to me. You are not my girlfriend. Taeyeon is." I frowned and pushed her again when she leaned forward. Jiyeon wasn't actually so unpleasant to look at. She had nice straight teeth and her skin looked so porcelain-like and smooth. 

"But you don't want her to be hurt, right? Chanyeol said it himself." Oh, right. I forgot. I facepalmed myself as my eyes began to well up. 

"Oh please don't cry. Come back here. You were so clingy when you slept." I laid back - just because I was tired - and hid my face behind the hands. 

"But I'll make you happy nevertheless. You are under my care now. I'll care for you and protect you unlike your incapable 'girlfriend'" through the slits of my hands I could see her air quoting the word 'girlfriend' as she rolled her eyes. I gave her a light hit on the shoulder and glared at her.

"Aren't you afraid that I'll escape?"

"You won't come out of here without my or the guys' help so there's no use for you to flee." I looked around the empty warehouse and noticed that nowhere to be seen was a door. 

"How did I even come  here in the bed?" 

"I didn't want you to sleep in the cold, sitting in that chair." She leaned against the wall and nervously fidgeted with her fingers. 

"Thank you." I said taking the blanket to throw it over my shivering body. 

"Why are you so nice?" 

"If someone didn't wrong me I won't wrong him or her too. Especially if you love that someone."

"We don't know each other. How can you love me? Well, everyone loves me but not like you do. Besides Taeyeon." 

"I followed you around a lot and Chanyeol ordered us to fetch you. Perfect opportunity, right?" She laid down and faced me.

"You have a really nice voice and you are so beautiful." Jiyeon whispered softly as she tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. 

"I feel uncomfortable can you back up a little bit." I couldn't escape and backing up by myself wasn't an option either since the wall was right behind me. I had no choice but to ask her. 

"You are so beautiful. I'm not sure if I can do that ... When I look at you ... I don't know ..." Every second she came closer and closer until our nose tips touched. She stopped and stared at me. As I could feel her breath against my lips I hitched mine and closed my eyes, hoping that the moment will come to an end soon. 

Seconds later not only our nose touched but our lips too. Jiyeon put her lips on mine and stayed there. I wouldn't say it was a kiss or at least not a proper kiss. She was very gentle towards me, her touch, her kiss as well as her voice were nice and soft. I could've backed up and push her but I didn't. I didn't push her and I didn't back up. I didn't know why. Maybe I craved for love, maybe I liked it. But when her hands slipped under my dress, caressing my inner thigh I gained the courage to push her because I didn't like it at all to be touched by a person other than Taeyeon. I felt uncomfortable and would've told her to stop but someone else already did it for me.

"YOU! ING! !" Taeyeon came out of the blue and yanked her body out of the bed. At every word she yelled in Jiyeon's face she gave her a decent impact with the fist. I was almost jumping to Taeyeon, trying to pull her away from Jiyeon but who was I to think that I, with the little strength of mine, can conquer Taeyeon's hulk-like strength. 

"TAEYEON PLEASE STOP!" Taeyeon didn't stop to hit and slap her. Fortunately, Jiyeon put her hands in front of her face to protect it. I tried to push Taeyeon of her, hit her but nothing did help. What was more of an advantage was that another person with a familiar voice came in yelling my actual girlfriend's name. 

"Taeyeon? Where are you?" Someone came out from behind the corner and had widened eyes as soon as he saw us.

"LEO! HELP ME!" Tears were gushing from my eyes, hugging Taeyeon from behind to reduce the impact of the force. It was hard for me to hold her and my strength didn't last for long but, thank god, Leo was fast enough to lift Taeyeon up easily like a piece of paper in the right moment.

"LET ME GO! THIS REALLY NEEDS SOME BEATING FOR TOUCHING MY GIRL!" Taeyeon struggled to get out of his hold but he held her as tight as possible until she calmed down. Well, she didn't really calm down but Taeyeon realized that there was no use trying to attack Jiyeon when Leo was present. 

I kneeled down next to the victim and helped her to sit up. When I put her hands aside I scanned her face for serious injuries, luckily, it was nothing severe but little scratches. 

"Why do you even help her? Look at these bruises all over your body." Taeyeon wiped away the tears that fell before she looked at me. 

"It wasn't her ... She didn't do anything wrong."

"I'm hurt. Tiffany. You said you wouldn't cheat on me but here I was seeing both of you kissing each other." 

"Taeyeon ... Please hear me out." Leo let loose his grip on her since Taeyeon pushed his hands away. 

"I don't need to hear anything. I saw everything. I saw that she kissed you and I saw that you didn't do anything against it." Taeyeon walked towards the wall and managed it somehow to open a door. 

"Put on your things. We are going." I took my things that were spread next to the mattress and slipped in my high  heels.

"We won't put charges on you since you've allegedly done nothing. How I understood it other people were involved too, so this is the yellow card for them and for you too for everything inappropriate you did to her but there is one thing... I ask you to protect Tiffany. You'll get paid."

"I don't need money. To see her every once in awhile is enough for me." Jiyeon looked at me and smiled. I forced myself to smile and took my brother's hand. 

-

As soon as the door in the wall closed. Leo spoke up. 

"What the hell is wrong with you? Did she really kidnap you or did you go with her by choice?" He gave me a rather hard hit on my back and waited for me to answer.

"I definitely didn't go with her because I wanted to. How can you think that? You know how much I love Taeyeon."

"Not enough to not cheat on her." Leo tried hard to hold in his temper.  

"You don't understand."

"Explain so I can understand Miyoung." 

"They-"

"They?"

"They forced me to be with this girl. They forced me to break up with Taeyeon. They forced me to break her heart otherwise they would've hurt her." 

"That doesn't explain why you cheated on Taeyeon."

"She just kissed me ... I couldn't do anything." 

"You could've pushed her." I could've push her, he was right, but I, myself, didn't know why I didn't do it. In my mind I needed to make up  excuses to prove my innocence.

"She forced me. If I had pushed her she would've just held me tighter."

"I'm very disappointed in you. Taeyeon just slept 1 hour since you disappeared. She was searching for you in every corner of Seoul." I looked down in guilt since I didn't know what to answer anymore.

"You better think of something good that will let her forgive you." I looked to the front and saw Taeyeon sitting with folded arms in the back of the car, looking outside with a blank expression. I wanted to open the back door to sit beside her but my brother signaled me with an intense gaze to sit in the front. Before we entered the car I came up with something.

"Let me drive." I said to my brother. He had no reason to say 'no' so we changed sides, handing me the keys. In the drivers seat I could watch Taeyeon through the rear view. 

So we got in and I started the engine after I turned around to 'look behind the car'. She still looked outside of the window with an expression I couldn't describe. At first it was blank, no emotion. Neither happy, nor sad. Neither friendly, nor angry. I didn't know what to do exactly since I was confronting a girl, whom I love, whose feelings got crushed by none other than me. I was helpless in this situation ... I wanted to do something but I didn't know how and what because it was the first time for me to be in this kind of position. Taeyeon was the first person ever to manage my pride and reducing it to the smallest it can get.

I was way too busy thinking about her than myself. Yes, I felt miserable. Yes, I felt powerless in such situation but showing my emotions on the outside was kind of difficult since I was mirroring hers, trying to emphasize with what Taeyeon felt. 

From the warehouse to my apartment no one said anything. Leo shook my arm a few times to draw my attention back to the road when I stared at Taeyeon through the rear view for too long. Now and then I was wondering if it was a bad idea to drive since I was so distracted, thinking about Taeyeon, looking at Taeyeon, thinking about Taeyeon and looking at Taeyeon. Considering one last time if I should change seats with Leo I then realized that we almost arrived at my apartment. I thought about her a lot but in the same time I subconsciously drove to my home. 

Due to the fact that it was Leo's car it was no issue for him to go back to the hotel but for Taeyeon ... I didn't know where she wanted to stay however I didn't want to ask either because, obviously, she wasn't in the mood to talk ... But if she wanted to go elsewhere she would've said something I thought. 

I parallel parked and all three of us were getting out before Leo hugged me. 

"I'll be one more week in Seoul. Let's meet up in a few days. I think you should resolve some issues first." He reassuringly smiled at me and leaned forward to give me a kiss on my forehead. I wanted to wait for him to drive off but when I looked to the front door I saw Taeyeon leaning against the wall with an expression of impatience. So I signaled Leo that I needed to go and he let me go without opposition, smiling brightly and waving me. 

-

I opened the door and held it open for Taeyeon. She coldly entered the house and climbed the stairs, leaving me behind like an irrelevant servant. But I quickly followed her and attempted to hold her hand. We held hands for a moment but she yanked it away and sped up her pace. 

-

Finally, home sweet home, Taeyeon's scent here, Taeyeon's scent there. I invaded the sweet mixed scents of ours as I locked the door from the inside. I just wanted to make sure ... I mean Jiyeon just let me escape. I'm afraid that the guys will do something to her. I wanted to make sure that I was safe at least

Because I adapted again to the familiar and loved housing I was so immersed in my thoughts that I didn't notice that Taeyeon went in my bedroom.

"You have your shoes still on." I said leaning against the door frame, watching her searching for something in the cupboard.

"I know ... Because I'll leave again." My expression turned from neutral to sadness when I realized that she took out a bag to pack some clothes. 

"Taeyeon. I'm sorry." She didn't say anything and walked to the bathroom. I couldn't move since so many emotions were flooding my mind. All the emotions I didn't care about when I drove Leo's car, all the emotions I didn't mind when I thought about Taeyeon. 

After I heard some rustling in there she came out again with her full bag and something else in her hand. 

"Apply this on your bruises." Taeyeon forced the tube of ointment into my hands, slightly hitting my tummy as she pushed me aside. 

"Taeyeon. Please stay." I tried to hold her wrist but she was too strong and immediately pulled it away. 

"Tae, I love you." Arriving in front of the locked door she turned around and looked at me with innocent but sad eyes. I waited for her to reply as I gave her an intense stare to show how much I loved her. 

"I- I can't be with you now. I need time to think because you really hurt me. I love you Tiffany."