Epilogue

Kokoro No Sentaku

 

“Tomo could you get that!” Maki yelled out as she was preparing the last of the cookies. It wouldn’t be so hard with this pregnant belly of hers getting in the way.

“Toshi be careful with that you’ll hit Mami—itai!” Came Tomohisa’s voice from the living room followed by a very loud “bonk” sound.

Maki sighed, apparently her husband was getting beat up by their 3-year old twins. “What’s going on in there!” she called out.

“I’ve got it Maki!” Tomohisa answered. Maki picked up the plate of cookies just as she heard the front door being opened. She was just in time to see Jun, Mao and Mio entering.

“Hi Maki-ba-chan!” Mio leapt up circling her arms around Maki’s large tummy. She pressed her ears on the surface and murmured. “Ne is this Toshi and Misaki’s sister or brother?”

“Probably both Mio-chan.” Jun joked as Mao greeted Tomohisa with a hug.

“Oh please not another set of twins!” Tomohisa exclaimd with a tired face.

“Papa papa let’s play!” A mini-version of Tomohisa and Maki suddenly ran up to their father, holding on to Tomohisa’s legs. Maki had to laugh at Tomohisa’s already tired face growing more tired. She settled the cookies on the coffee table then ushered the twins to Mio.

“Toshi, Misaki, why don’t you play with your Mio-nee-chan hmm?”

“Yatta!!!”

The four adults watched as Mio and the twins set out for the lanai to play. Jun cupped Tomohisa’s shoulder as they all sat down on the couch. “Man, you’re a survivor handling twins…”

Tomohisa shrugged proudly while wrapping his arm around Maki’s shoulder. “It get’s tiring but when you see the smiles on their faces; well, being tired just goes away.”

“Touche’” Mao replied.

Jun sighed then ruffled the back of his hair. “So are we the ones here?”

Mao grimaced at her husband’s question. “Obviously Jun-chan obviously…”

Maki and Tomohisa shared a hearty chuckle as Jun pouted cutely at his wife. No moment more had passed when the doorbell rang again. Tomohisa literally sprung from the couch and opened the door to be greeted by his four best friends.

“Tadaima!” Jin announced and entered the house with Meisa and his son Masayuki or Yuki for short.

“Yuki’s getting big ne!” Maki stated happily as she looked at the handsome boy, clearly resembling his father. Little Yuki blushed bright, everyone knowing that he really liked his Maki-ba-chan.

“Go on Yuki-chan and play with your friends.” Meisa said, the boy’s hair. Yuki jumped in joy and ran to the lanai shouting; “Yatta!”

“Me too Mama!”

They all looked to the voice and saw little Kamenashi Kaoru pulling on Erika’s skirt, asking permission to play.

“Of course you can Kaoru-chan.” Kazuya bent down and pinched his daughter’s cheek. Kaoru and Yuki had the same reactions and couldn’t help but run to the lanai. The adults all shook their heads and finally sat down to get settled.

“It’s been weeks since we last saw each other ne?” Erika pointed out. They all looked at each other, basking in the glory that they were all together again.

“I see Maki’s packing up another little one..” Meisa commented, wringing her arm with Maki’s and they cuddled together on the couch. Kazuya chuckled slightly then punched Tomohisa lightly on the shoulder.

“Take it easy there tiger…”

“Shut up Kazu…”

Another round of laughter echoed throughout just showing how their friendship stayed as strong as ever.

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o==o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o

The evening was dropping to the low cool temperature and Maki was thankful for that. Their friends had all already left and it was already the twins’ bed time.

She saw Tomohisa carrying little Misaki while Toshi followed rubbing his eyes with his pudgy little hand. She smiled and took Toshi’s hand, leading him to the room. Tomohisa tucked in Misaki, remembering to kiss the little girl’s forehead as he pulled away. Misaki’s eyes immediately drooped to a close, falling into a deep slumber.

“Up you go now Toshi…” Maki patted the surface of the bed next to Misaki’s and Toshi didn’t hesitate to get up, laying his tired body. Maki, like Tomohisa, tucked in the boy, brushing his bangs away from his face and kissing his cheek.

Tomohisa took Maki’s hand as they headed to the door way and he closed the lights. “Think they’ll be alright?” He asked his wife.

“Mm, I’ve set up the night lights.” Maki explained. They stood there, seeing the silhouettes of their children going to sleep. Just seeing the image in her mind made Maki thank the gods silently for giving her such a wonderful family. She looked up to the man beside her and smiled. “You know I love you right?”

Tomohisa chuckled then leaned in to kiss her softly. “As I do too, you’re my heart’s choice…”  

=================================================================================================================

AN: wah so there you have it! Kokoro no Sentaku ends. Thank you for those who read and commented! this is a very special story for me :) thank you once again! and let's meet up at my other story Written In The Stars <3 Love you guys!