Chapter 5

Begin Again

“I’m nervous” Sohyun says, practically shaking.

This date was different, Sohyun felt it was different. She was more nervous and her palms were sweating. She had picked out a simple outfit made up of skinny jeans and a plain pink t-shirt. A comfortable leather jacket and a pair of ankle boots to match. 

“Don’t be!” Jiyoon said as she patted her shoulder. 

“What if I say the wrong thing?” Sohyun cried in worry.

“You will be fine! He likes you!” Hyuna comforted Sohyun.

“And you look great” Gayoon added.

“You will be great” Jihyun patted Sohyun on the back with an encouraging smile. 

Just as the doorbell rings Sohyun jumps a little in surprise. She takes a deep breath before giving herself an encouraging nod in the mirror.

“Wish me luck”

“Good luck!” all her friends chorused together.

You can do this Sohyun!

She took a deep breath again before opening the door to be greeted by a smiling Byunghun. He was in jeans and a white t-shirt with a jean jacket. A pair of blue converse to pull his outfit together. Sohyun notices the bouquet of white lilies. He has a hit of a blush on his cheeks as he presents the flowers to her.

“For the pretty lady” he barely manages to say.

In turn, Sohyun blushes as well as she awkwardly takes them.

“Thank you, they are beautiful”

“Shall we?” he hold his hand out to her and she smiles at him before taking his hand.

He leads her to his car before opening the passenger for for her. 

“What a gentleman” she says with a laugh and he laughs with her. 

Sohyun gets in his car and he shuts the passenger door and gets in on the driver’s side. Byunghun shuts the passenger door after Sohyun and does a little happy dance before going over to the driver side of the car and getting in. 

He hoped thats Sohyun didn’t see him being stupid but the little laugh from Sohyun tells him and she saw him. 

“Stupid” Sohyun says while she is still laughing.

Byunghun is clearly blushing and feeling embarrassed. 

“You didn’t see that” he says.

“See what?” she plays along as she can see he is really embarrassed.

“Exactly! Anyway, ready to go?”

Sohyun nods, she is glad she had a little laugh with him as she feels more relaxed now. She no longer feels the sweat between her palms. 

“This is good, I’m not nervous, I’m totally cool” Byunghun says out loud, almost like he knows that she is nervous so he is trying to help her feel calm.

“Yes, we have had a good start” Sohyun says with a smile and Byunghun blushes again in embarrassment.

“I thought we agreed it didn’t happen” he says.

“Doesn’t mean I can’t laugh about it in my own head” Sohyun shrugs.

“Meanie!”

She was definitely comfortable with him. She wasn’t on guard around him anymore like she used to be when they first met. She almost laughs at the though of pretending to be married to chase him away at the club. 

“What are you laughing about now?” he asks out of curiosity.

“ Just thinking about how we first saw each other at the club” she answers.

“You mean when you blew me off?”

“We wouldn’t be here if I had blown you off”

“That’s not true! If you hadn’t blown me off we would be here a lot earlier then we are here now!” he protested which made her laugh.

“But you wouldn’t haven shown me that you are persistent and charming”

He doesn’t reply.

“Byunghun?” she calls him.

“You think I am charming?”

Sohyun blushes as she realises what she has said.

“Well we wouldn’t be on this date if I didn’t find you a little charming” 

“I’m glad that we are here on this date” he says with a nod.

Sohyun’s heart skips a beat as he flashes her a smile.

“So where are we going?” Shogun asks.

“Just a cafe, have a few drinks” Byunghun replies.

“Sounds good”

“Good, cuz we are here”

-o-

He pulls her chair out for her.

“Thanks but it’s a bit embarrassing cuz everyone is staring” Sohyun says in a joking tone as she takes a seat.

“Let them stare” he says with a laugh.

“Well it is only a cafe so you didn’t have to” she says while blushing.

“But that blush was worth it”

Her heart skips a beat and she almost feels like a teenager in love again. She hadn’t had these feelings in a long time. The last time was probably several years ago when she had just married her high school sweetheart. But, even that was nothing compared to how she felt when she was with Byunghun.

Her friends did say if she could throw her feeling away for someone she was supposed to be in love with for 8 years, it probably wasn’t true love. Maybe that isn’t true about her feelings for her ex husband, maybe it’s because people change. After all, they had only been married for 2 years.

Sohyun frowns, she shouldn’t be thinking about him. 

“What’s wrong?” Byunghun’s voice cuts through her thoughts.

“Oh sorry, I just spaced out”

“What? Am I not interesting enough?” he asks with a smirk on his face.

“Yeah, you are boring me”

“Meanie” he pouts.

“Aw, poor baby” she says with a laugh.

“You are a funny one” he says as he throws his head back and laughs.

“Really? No one has ever called me funny” she says as she tilts her head on the side.

“And a total weirdo” he adds.

“Hey!”

They laugh together. They eventually order their drinks and they settle down with small talk about the weather and their jobs. Byunghun excitedly tells her about his work and also about what has inspired him to write. She listens with interest as the light in his eyes intrigues her.

She tells him what she has been up to. The recent work she has been doing and the books and movies she has found interesting, While talking she did not notice that his hand had slowly sneaked across the table and was now holding her hand, she finds it comforting. They are still talking as their fingers slowly intertwine. 

At that moment Sohyun realises that it had begun again. The naive Byunghun had shown her that she can fall in love again. 

At the end of the date Byunghun drives her back to her house, 

“I had a good time today” Sohyun says.

“I’m glad you enjoyed it. I hope we can do it again” he replies with asmile.

“ Yeah…it was different” she says and then realises that she is thinking about her ex husband again.

Byunghun is quiet for a minute. Sohyun feels awkward.

“Sorry…”

“So this movie I watched a few weeks ago with my friends was super interesting” Byunghun says before Sohyun can finish what she wanted to say.

“I bet you would find it interesting too”

Sohyun feels grateful that he changed the subject and that he didn’t feel awkward. 

-o-

He opes the passenger door for her again as she gets out in front of her house. He offers her his hand which she gratefully takes. She thanks him with a smile which makes his heart skip a beat. 

“So…” Sohyun starts.

“I hope you had a good time” he says as he scratches the back of his neck.

“I did enjoy it” she said with a smile.

They are quiet for a minute before he takes a step towards her. He takes it that she doesn’t mind as she doesn’t step back.He reaches for her hand and intertwines their fingers. Sohyun’s heart races as he comes closer. His other hand reaches for her face and looks straight into her eyes.

“I’m glad you enjoyed it” he wishers to her.

“Let’s do it again” she whispers back to him.

He smirks at her as he keeps on coming closer to her. Sohyun doesn’t move away, instead she closes her eyes. She feels his lips on her own and it makes her heart skip a beat. She kisses him back as she starts to wrap her free hand around his neck. 

When they pull apart they keep on staring at each other. 

“Byughun…” Sohyun trails off.

“Shh” he says and brings her in for a hug.

She hugs him back and buried her head in his chest. She takes in his scent which she finds comforting.

“I’m glad I met you” he says.

“Me too”

“You can push me away” he says almost bitterly.

“What?” she asks in shock. 

“I know you want your space” he says slowly as he lets go of her.

“I am sorry about the kiss, I couldn’t stop myself” he says.

“But I wanted it to happen!”

Byunghun’s eyes widen. Sohyun is looking at him with anger. 

“What?” it’s his turn to ask.

“I accepted my feeling for you…I can’t push the feelings away” she says with tears in her eyes.

“I thought…”

“You convinced me” she says.

She moves to him while he is still taking in the information.

“So kiss me again”

Sooooo...how long has it been? Too long XD. I am sorry it took so long. I have no excuses as I have just had a huge writer's black. But here we are anyway. This story was originally going to be really short anyway so I am ok with ending it in 5 chapters. I realise Joehyun is a really old ship now but i still find them suoer cute.

I hope you enjoyed it. Do stick around for more stories when I have some inspiration. But I am not sure I will carry on using this account cuz I want to start all over. 

See you soon! 

Bye!