Chapter 1

Begin Again

Loud music that matches the pounding of her head has irritated her all night. She won’t admit this though because her friends have tried so hard to cheer her up. She signed as she sat by the bar playing with the straw of her drink. Her friends had bought her to the club to “dance away the pain”. It made her smile despite how cliché that sounded.

Despite her smile, her friends knew she didn’t want to be here. They knew, Kwon Sohyun, recently divorced just wanted to go back to bed with her ice cream.

“How about another round of shots?” Hyuna asked hoping to bring up Sohyun’s mood.

“Yeah!” Jiyoon cheered.

“I really don’t think that is a good idea…Jiyoon’s already off her face” Jihyun said, being the sensible one.

“Ah! Party pooper!” Jiyoon whined.

“Hey! Look Sohyun, that guy Is checking you out” Gayoon whispers as she subtly points at a group of guys.

Sohyun looks up for a split second and her eyes meet the blonde boy’s eyes. He smiles at her and she shyly smiles back at him. But she flashes him her wedding ring as she pretends to brush her hair off her face. She can almost feel the disappointed look on his face.

“Why did you do that?!” Hyuna asks, horrified.

“You are supposed to have thrown that back at his face when he cheated on you!” Jiyoon rambles.

This makes Sohyun cringe as she knows full well that she should have gotten rid of it. She sighs as she plays with the ring on her finger out of habit.

“Jiyoon! You are cut off!” Jihyun says as she realises that the words of her drunken friend has hurt Sohyun.

“What?! WHY?”

“You can’t say things like that!”

“It’s alright, I’m tired anyway” Sohyun says before hopping off her stool.

“Really?” Gayoon asks out of concern.

“Yeah. Thanks for taking me out tonight” Sohyun says with a sincere smile on her face before bidding them farewell for now and then she leaves.

Little did she know that the eyes of the blonde boy still followed her.

-o-

A week later Sohyun had wrapped herself up with a warm coat and her thicket scarf. It was getting colder outside. She had walked to the river as she felt a lot better these days. She was thankful to her friends who tried their best to cheer her up.

But now she was ready to move on. Her ring was in her hand, tightly clutched in her fist. She took a deep breath, ready to throw it in the river. She closed her eyes as she felt her tears threatening to fall again.

“Your mine forever!” his hand held hers tightly as she smiled back at him.

“You are stuck with me for the rest of your life so you have no choice” she says and he laughs at her.

Sohyun snapped out of her thoughts as she swallowed hard. She could hear people walking past, talking. They were happy chatter which made her envious because she was truly miserable at this point.

“Excuse me” she heard a gentle voice call to her.

She turned around to meet familiar eyes.

“You’re the girl from the club…” he trailed off.

“Oh yeah…” Sohyun felt slightly awkward as she had nothing else to say to the blonde stranger.

“I hope I am not coming off as weird…but are you alright?”

Sohyun blinks. She notes that he must be very observant, but she doesn’t want to give anything away so she just nods. He smiles back in reply.

“I’m Lee Byunghun by the way” he says and extends his hand.

“Kwon Sohyun” she takes his hand.

She notes that his hands are quiet soft and warm. It warms her cold hand and it makes her self-conscious as her hands are quiet rough and calloused because of the guitar. His hands are soft but have a different feel to them…almost like a pianist’s hands.

“Ah! Your husband is quiet luck” he says.

Sohyun’s eyes widen as she blushes.

“Oh god! Did I say that out loud?!” he panicked as she too blushed and it made Sohyun laugh.

“It’s alright. But he didn’t think he was lucky enough” she says, somehow she feels comfortable enough to tell him this.

“What do you mean?” he asks as he tilts his head in wonder.

She presented her left hand which was still holding her ring.

“I think to put it nicely…I was dumped”

Well, it has started. I hope you guys liked it. If you liked it leave a comment and if you loved it do subscribe AND leave a comment telling me what you though. Until next time. Bye!