"See You Again"

"See You Again."

“Hyung! Jaehwan-Hyung! I got the perfect lyrics for our next song! You know, the one for that online contest!” A blond haired boys said happily as he dashed into the living room
“Really? Show me!” The other said with a voice filled with excitement

The guy handed the paper to Jaehwan after he plopped down next to him on the couch waiting for the others’ opinion of his lyrics.

“From y to y” read Jaehwan out loud before he began to read the lyrics

“Oh my, Wonsik, this is amazing! those lyrics it’s so beautiful and sad. This is just perfect for our entry!” He told the other, who had a big smile on his face.
“You really think so?”

Jaehwan nodded.

“It really is.”
“Thank you~ I love you!” Wonsik said and hugged his boyfriend
“I love you too~” Jaehwan said, using his aegyo
“You’re so cute!” his boyfriend said before closing the gap between them, pressing his lips on Jaehwan’s

The kiss was soft and sweet, just like how they like it. Wonsik’s arms wrapped around Jaehwan’s neck, one hand through his boyfriend’s light brown hair on the back of his head. Jaehwan wrapped his arms around Wonsik’s waist, pulling him closer and held him tight. He smiled after they broke the kiss to breath for air, Wonsik pressed a sweet kiss on his nose.

“We should get started. We already lost so much time for our contest entry because of my writers block.”

“It’s not only your fault. I couldn’t come up with lyrics too.” Jaehwan said as he playfully ruffled Wonsik’s hair
“Hyung… don’t do that! You messed up my hair!” He whined
“I like your hair when it’s messy, you look hot that way.”

Jaehwan gave him a small peek on the lips before he stood up and rushed to the recording studio in their apartment, pretending he was really shy about what he just said and did. Wonsik let out a joyful laugh before he followed his boyfriend. Even though he was older, Jaehwan sure acted like he was the youngest of the two of them. Wonsik didn’t mind that. It was one of his charms he loved the most, something that made his boyfriend unique.

“So who is singing what?” asked Jaehwan curiously
“I’m not sure yet about everything, but I think this will be great if you sing this with your powerful voice!” Wonsik answers and pointed at the text on the paper
“Can you sing it?”
“Me… I don’t know I’m not that good with singing…” Wonsik said and blushed

“Pretty please?” Jaehwan begged with a cute voice
“Stop it… you know I can’t handle that..”
“Wonsikkie… I want to hear your voice~ please sing for me.” Jaehwan continued begging cutely
“Okay fine…” he said, pretending to be annoyed but the smile appearing on his face gave him away

Wonsik took the paper and a breath before he began to sing

Ahh~” Already going out of tune by the first high note “Can we~ Turn back time~ To where we were together~ Is this the beginning~ Or the end for us~.”

Jaehwan just smiled, he loved it when Wonsik sang instead of rapping. He has an unique voice, however high notes weren’t his thing.

“That wasn’t that bad. You’re getting better.”
“Yeah right. You just say that so you won’t hurt my pride. You heard me going out of tune, don’t lie about that.”

“Okay, but I do mean it. You did get better at singing.”

“Thanks.”  he said and pressed his lips on Jaehwan’s cheek
“Can I try and sing it?”
“Sure go ahead.” Wonsik answered and gave the paper to Jaehwan

Jaehwan took a breath and began to sing the same part Wonsik just sang for him. Wonsik closed his eyes as his boyfriend hit the first note perfectly, his voice was always like a melody to him. It got so much power and the sound is so unique, a kind of voice you wouldn’t hear often.

“That was beautiful!” Wonsik smiled. “Just as beautiful as you are.”
“Don’t be so cheesy, you cheeseball.” Jaehwan said and laughed

the two of them continued to divide the the lyrics before they began to sing. The recording last longer than they thought it would be, but that wasn’t surprising with all the kisses they shared between recording and in the breaks.

‘At night I’m still alone, sleeping no one next to me no one of my own. In an empty bed, I dream by myself. It’s the only time that I can be with you. I’ve made countless mistakes. And they still haunt me on the very day. In one I held your hands and believed, that we were happy and I would live by your side forever more. ohh~ I will carry my sins with loneliness forever. please let me stay in the corner of your memory. Wonsik’s and Jaehwan’s voices melted together in harmony at the last chorus before Jaehwan’s voice took over the last few lines.

“This was great, we sound so perfect!” Jaehwan said happily when the song had finished. “I know for sure we will win this contest! The two of us will become famous and we will have our own albums and go on a world tour!”
“Not so fast, we haven’t even send in our entry.” Wonsik laughed

“Well I am allowed to dream about our future!” He said
“Yeah you are allowed to. It’s cute to see you so happy.”

That evening wonsik had uploaded the song on their Youtube channel and send the video as an entry for the contest. Within half an hour, comments appeared in the comment section and the video got liked and shared for ridiculously high numbers. Of course they got some hate too as well some dislikes, but that was okay. Haters would always be there so they never paid any attention to them. It was like Jaehwan’s ideal future was about to happen when they got an email from a music label called Jellyfish Entertainment.

However it didn’t went like Jaehwan had hoped to.

“Dear Ken & Ravi.” Wonsik began to read the email that was displayed on his laptop screen. The two of them didn’t used their real names for their channel, they liked the mysterious vibe of having a stage name and no one knowing your real name. “We would like to let you know that your self composed songs got noticed by our company. The songs are really good and Ken’s voice is just really amazing.”
“Why are they only saying my voice is amazing? You voice is amazing too.” Jaehwan interrupted Wonsik as he complained.
“Let me continue, there is more.” Wonsik told his boyfriend before continuing. “Recently our company is looking for a solo artist with a powerful voice and we think that Ken would be perfect. The CEO would like to meet you and hopefully you are willing to sign a contract. Yours faithfully, Jellyfish Entertainment staff member, Kim Hyolyn.”

The room became quiet, both not knowing what to say. It was their dream to become famous as a duo not one of them becoming a solo artist.

“Why do they only want me? You are great too! And you write almost all the lyrics for our songs!” Jaehwan said, being the first to break the silence
“You know I at singing and almost no one likes rapping anyways.” Wonsik said annoyed, closing his laptop and placed on the table before walking off
“Wonsik! You know that isn’t true~ you got lots of fans too! They love your voice and the lyrics you write!” Jaehwan tried to cheer up his boyfriend as he followed him
“Oh yeah sure. You know they love you and only you! I can’t sing and no one actually remembers the name of a songwriter and composer!” Wonsik now raised his voice
“Why don’t you believe me! People do love you! You really have become better with singing.”
“But not good enough!”
“Wonsik…”
“Just leave me alone and go make an appointment with that CEO! I don’t care!”

With that said Wonsik slammed the bedroom door shut right in front of Jaehwan’s face

“Wonsik… Please…”
“Just leave me alone.”

 

Jaehwan just stood in front of the door, frozen by the sudden outburst of Wonsik. A few minutes later the door opened and Jaehwan got hit in the face by his pillow and blanket.

“You can sleep on the couch.” was all Wonsik said before closing the door

Jaehwan slowly picked up his stuff and walked to the living room, totally heart broken by the hurtful things his boyfriend has said. He wanted to be happy, wanted to sing and make music with his boyfriend. He didn’t want it all to slip away because of a stupid email and a stupid CEO of a stupid music label that wanted to give him a stupid contract to let him debut as a solo artist.
 

The more days that had past, the more Jaehwan wished they never received that email. Wonsik was still annoyed and angry, shouting at Jaehwan whenever he tried to cheer him up a bit. It broke his heart into thousands of pieces, whenever Wonsik got mad at him. Jaehwan got so hurt he didn't dare to talk to his boyfriend, He just retreated when he felt his heart ache and fresh tears form into his eyes.

But tonight would be different, even if that means he had to pick up all his courage.

“Wonsik… we need to talk.” Jaehwan said, his boyfriend just gave him an annoyed look.
“About what?”
“Us.”

Wonsik looked at him with a frown. Jaehwan had walked into their used to be shared bedroom and stood in front of Wonsik who was sitting on the edge of the bed

“Can’t this wait?”
“No. It can’t wait.” Jaehwan said seriously. “Don’t you see what is happening to us? What is happening to our relationship? I slept on the couch for weeks! I hoped everyday that you would calm down, but all you did was shouting at me when I tried to cheer you up!”

“Oh, so you’re telling me it’s all my fault? You are so freaking annoying! It shouldn’t be surprising that I would react to you like this!”

It felt like Jaehwan has been stabbed in his heart when Wonsik’s words reached his ears. He turned around, he didn’t want Wonsik to see him cry.

“You have changed.” Jaehwan said trying to stay strong, but his voice gave him away. “All this because of some stupid email. You know, when you read the whole email, I wasn’t even happy. I didn’t want to go solo, I want to be a duo with my boyfriend. But…” Jaehwan paused and took a deep breath. “But after all, I think I should just do it. You have been so mean to me, only because of your jealousy and self pity!”
“So... you want to break up?” Wonsik asked 
“Yes… yes I want to break up.” Jaehwan said so softly it was barely a whisper

Jaehwan heard Wonsik stand up, he heard how a suitcase was thrown on the bed and how Wonsik’s stuff was thrown into it. Jaehwan just looked at the ground as silent tears rolled down his face, he didn’t dare to look at Wonsik, he was to afraid he would cry and beg Wonsik to stay if he did.

“Goodbye Jaehwan and good luck.” Was what Wonsik said as he walked past his now ex-boyfriend. Jaehwan could hear the hurt in his voice when he had called out Jaehwan’s name. He just stood still, making no sound until he heard the front door shut.

Wonsik was gone.

Heavy sobs now left his mouth as he fell onto his knees, grasping the fabric of his shirt with his fist. He cried out for Wonsik, he begged him to comeback and he screamed that his heart hurts too damn much. He knew even if it hurts, it was for the best. Their relationship was only killing their hearts with pain and sorrow.

Some weeks had passed by. Jaehwan became a trainee under Jellyfish Entertainment and Wonsik still continued with their Youtube Channel. Jaehwan was glad he didn’t changed the name nor did he deleted their old songs. He still checked their youtube channel every once in awhile, just wondering if Wonsik was doing fine, but he wasn’t so sure about that since most of the songs he uploaded where about break ups or things such as one sided love.

A few months later Jaehwan debuted. He decided to use Ken as stage name, since he was so used to people online calling him like that. In those months Jaehwan saw that Wonsik was doing better, he was now uploading much happier songs like how it feels to fall in love. He was happy to know the other was doing better but he hoped that it wasn’t because of someone else. A part of Jaehwan had never moved on and still loved Wonsik a lot.

The day he and his boyfriend had broken up a year ago, Jaehwan found himself listening to their old song before he had to perform for his first showcase. Some songs later he found out Wonsik just uploaded a new song called ‘Just Be Friends’, it was a piano melody. Listening to the song Jaehwan felt tears form in his eyes. The song was about a breakup that was about to fall apart, just like theirs.

“It seems like I’m not the only one who isn’t able to move on.” Jaehwan said to the paused screen of his Ipod

“Ken are you ready?” His manager asked. “You need to go on stage in ten minutes.”
“I’m ready.”He answered and put the Ipad away

That night it was the first time he was going to sing a song he used to sing together with Wonsik. It was the last song they sang together. Jaehwan used to listen to it a lot in his trainee days and the more he listened to it the more he found out that he could relate to the song. That is why he decided to sing this song at his very first concert.

“Thank you all for coming! It means so much to me to know you all are here with me!” Jaehwan said happily to his fans in the concert hall. “Too bad everything has an ending and so does this concert. So I hope you enjoy the last song, From Y to Y.”

The familiar melody Wonsik composed began to play, all fans became quiet as Jaehwan began to sing. When he sang he thought of all the memories. How they first met and started off as friends, he remembered how he got anonymous messages and roses and how Wonsik confessed to him with a self written song. He remembered how the two of them were happy, how Jaehwan asked Wonsik to move in and how the two of them used to talk about their future. It was such a shame it all ended like the way it did.

It was when Jaehwan was about to sing the last part of the song that now tears fell down, his fans shouting “Please don’t cry.”

“I wish I could meet you- a new start. Still filled with love in our heart. Your hand in mine, by your side.But until it's that time.” Jaehwan sang before he said. “See you again.”