Final

Best Man

"WHERE ARE YOU? I'm going to start without you!" Jackson's voice boomed through the speakers of Mark's car. Bluetooth connectivity was a wonderful thing, except when you had Jackson on the other line who's more than enough at handset volume, thank you very much.

"Playing FIFA by yourself isn't fun" Mark chuckled.

"I don't care! When you FINALLY come over, I'm going to keep all my controllers with me so you can't play and I'll only give it to you when I feel like it. Maybe then you'll understand what it feels like to be lonely as you wait!" Jackson huffed. Even through the phone, Mark could hear the pout in his voice.

"Ok ok man, chill. I'm already downstairs, just parking my car" Mark said as he shifted the car into reverse, the cautionary beeping of the rever gear punctuating his sentence. The phone call was abruptly cut - Jackson had probably hung up and thrown his phone down somewhere so he could greet Mark at the elevator. Mark straightened out his car in the parking spot before he killed the engine as he gave himself a satisfied nod over the superb parking. 

Before he could undo his seat belt, the front passenger door opened and Jackson popped his head into the car. "Let's go! I'm logged in and online and I've found a team we could play against. Let's go kick some "

Grabbing the bags of takeaway noodles he found on the seat, Jackson slammed the door shut and bounded back to the elevator, with a laughing Mark following behind him.

 


 

This was not a good session of FIFA. The other team the played again online may have been professional gamers, because Mark and Jackson got absolutely thrashed. Feeling fed up, they called up the rest of the GOT7 members to see who else they could convince to log in online play against - JB seemed like he was sleeping, Jinyoung was on a date, and Bambam didn't even pick up the phone, leaving Youngjae and Yugeom. After a few games, Youngjae had to leave, and Yugeom got bored, bring Mark and Jackson back to square one.

A few hours had passed, and it seemed like an appropriate time to have dinner. Mark turned off the playstation as Jackson stretched in his seat, having been sitting in the same positon for a few hours. As Mark stretched his arms, Jackson got up and made his way to the kitchen.

"Here Jackson, I'll do that." Mark mumbled as he shuffled over.

"No no, you're the one visiting my house. Let me treat you as a guest" Jackson said. He was already busy plating up the noodles Mark had brought earlier which had promptly been forgotton on the kitchen counter the moment the sat down with their controllers. There wasn't Mark could do to convince Jackson otherwise in situations like this, so he just shrugged it off. 

With freshly microwaved bowls of noodles and some side dishes Junior's mother had sent each of the members last week, their dinner was ready and set in front of the tv.

"Thank you for the meal" they chorused, before they settled back into their seats. 

"How's your 'BAE'?" Jackson asked, adding a lot of emphasis on 'bae', as he flipped through channels in hopes of finding something good. Mark had once foolishly left his phone lying around the practice room when his girlfriend called. In a silly giggle and cuddle session a few weeks before, they had decided to change each other's contact names on their phones to the most disgustingly cute names they could think of - first person to cave in and changed it back would lose. Of all the people to spy his phone, it was Jackson who spotted the incoming call from "BAE 😘💖LOVE OF MY LIFE 💯". For someone as reserved as Mark, this was a huge declaration, and Jackson had never let him live it down since. 

"Oh, um, she's good." Mark mumbled nonchanalntly. This was a little odd - although Mark wasn't overflowing open with his emotions, he did know how to speak with care and warmth. "Okaaaaay....." Jackson noted.

"Actually, um, Jackson. There's something I need to talk to you about"

Oh . No way. 'Did the dream team break up?' Jackson thought. There was no way, Mark had never mentioned anything going wrong lately, in fact it all seemed better than its ever been.

"Whats up's bro? What's wrong?" Jackson said quietly as he put his bowl and the remote down.

"It's nothing bad, I swear" Mark quickly assured. "It's just a big thing and I could've told you sooner, but I wanted to tell you in person"

Jackson nodded, encouraging Mark to continue. He would be supportive of his best friend, no matter what.

"I proposed. I proposed to her, Jackson. And she said yes"

In the blink of an eye Jackson jumped up from his seat on the floor and was now standing on the couch as he stared Mark down.

"Really? REALLY?" Jackson asked as he bounced up and down on the couch, excitement lit up in his eyes. But seemed it was short lived, as the excitement bubbled away slightly. "What are you doing here then? You should be back at home with her. You have a wedding to plan! Married life to enjoy!"

"We're not married yet"

"You might as well be!" Jackson pouted. "We can't hang out like this, she's waiting for you at home. Time to let the Markson ship lay to rest"

Mark was slightly taken aback. He had never seen this situation from this angle. As goofy as he is, Jackson had one of the biggest hearts of all the people he knew and here he was, proving it by putting him and his fiance's feelings before his own.

“Just because I’m getting married doesn’t mean anything will change. I love her, I really do and you should know by now that us getting married won’t change me. I’ll always be your bro.” Mark chuckled quietly. Goodness, sometimes he couldn’t understand Jackson’s train of thought. There was no way he’d neglect his best friend.

“Which is why, I would really like you to be my best man”

Jackson deadpanned, showing neither joy or disgust. He seemed indifferent long enough for Mark to start worrying and try to figure out how to retract his statement (when really only a couple of seconds had passed) before Jackson was jumping on the couch and cheering. Mark couldn’t really make out what he was saying, but somewhere in the mix he heard “BEST MAN….정말로… BUCKS NIGHT….. OH MY GOD”, and he couldn’t help but laugh along

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ok this is done. I wrote a whole bunch of chill bro stuff and when it actually got to the peak of this I had no idea how to end it so I took it from the original prompt thing I sent to Sara. Hope its alright. Feedback would be great, but just having you read it is awesome. ok bye.......