Soothing words

Soothing words

 

“Hey babe? How are you” Luhan asked Minseok over the phone.

“Hey~ Good I just finished practice and I have to go to the dorm and pack my stuff. We are going to Macau for Exoluxion tomorrow. How about you?” Minseok replied and Luhan heard him struggling to pack his belongings though the phone.

“I guess good….” He said while fidgeting his sheets.

“Hannie tell me what’s been bothering you?” he heard Minseok saying, now his voice was filled with worry.

“Nothing..Just I am supposed to go to Australia tomorrow, by plane obviously and I don’t know how I feel about it” he admitted.

Minseok stayed silent for a moment. “Do you still have the tape I gave you?” he asked.

“Yes of course I have it” Luhan replied.

“Make sure you take it with you and listen to it in the plane ok? It helps you calm down right? It will be ok Hannie you don’t have to worry. Laogao will be there. You will not be alone. You will listen to the tape and sleep and then you will be in Australia in no time” Minseok tried to reassure him.

“But….But the flight is too long. The tape doesn’t last that long what am I going to do then? How am I going to travel without you there for so long?” Luhan returned.

“Baby don’t be afraid ok? Remember to take deep breaths, talk to Laogao, play with your Rubik’s cube, watch a movie or sleep. Remember when we travelled together? You slept on my shoulder. You will sleep and everything will be ok. Believe me. I love you. I have to go the manager is looking for me. Be careful.”

“Ok Minnie. Thank you I love you too”

 

 

The next morning when Luhan woke up he found a message from Minseok telling him to check his email. He got up from his bed and opened his emails. He found among the others one from Minseok and opened it. There was an audio file and a message saying “Listen to it when you are on the plane. I love you. Call me when you land”. He smiled at how sweet and caring Minseok is. He saved the file on his phone and begun to get ready for the trip.

 

 

Once in the plane he felt really nervous. Laogao next to him was setting his stuff when he looked at him concerned. “It will be ok. Do you want me to give you some meds?” he asked. “No no it’s ok. I think I will be ok. I will put something to listen first” Luhan said and wore his earphones searching from the audio file Minseok had sent him. By the time he pressed “play” the plane begun moving. He felt his breathing quickening.

Han” he heard Minseok’s soothing voice through his earphones loud and clear “Babe if you listened to me you are now on plane while listening to this. I want you to sit comfortably and close your eyes. Did you take the little soft ball I bought you to squeeze when you feel nervous? I hope you did. Now concentrate on my voice, ok baby?” Luhan felt the plane beginning to ascend but Minseok’s voice was so reassuring in his ears “Remember I love you and I am always here for you ok? Everything will be ok. I bet Melbourne is very beautiful. You have to take a picture and send it to me when you go there ok? I want to see it too. We should go sometime together what do you think? Will you promise me that we will go for vacation somewhere far when we will meet again? Hah, I am sorry I don’t even know what I am saying I am really tired. I just got some quite time in my room, I am eating mocha bread again. Good bye diet. Are you feeling better now? It’s easy I promise just listen to me saying stupid things heh. I am really good at talking when I am with you. Hey Hannie did you know some people said your cat looks like me. I don’t believe it, I am cuter” Luhan smiled. Of course Minseok is cuter. Sorry cat but my Minnie is the cutest person in this world. “I don’t really know what else to say to you. I finished packing my clothes it’s 4 am here, I have to go to the airport in a while. I guess I will sleep on the plane. You should sleep too. Want me to read you our story to sleep easier? Remember how I used to read it to you back then when you couldn’t sleep? So babe pretend I am right there with you and I am holding your hand. And I will read to you until you sleep. I love you Luhan. So..’ Once when I was six years old I saw a magnificent picture in a book, called True Stories from Nature, about the primeval forest…….’”

 

 

“Hey Luhan wake up we are already there” Luhan felt Laogao shaking him in his sleep. He opened his eyes and saw people getting off the plane. They were already in Melbourne. He had made it. Minseok had once again made him feel at ease and secure.