conclusion

A Glimpse of Heaven

"Do you want to ignore him forever?"
Bobby sat down next to Hanbin. The younger was sitting on his bed in their hotel room, staring at his mobile phone. He didn't pay attention to the other one's question - or maybe he just simply ignored it. Either way, he didn't answer. Bobby was actually used to that by now because his best friend hadn't talked to him much the last days - well, he hadn't talked to anyone -, but he still tried to get through to him. Of course he did. Waiting, he watched the younger rapper for a while, but when he realized that Hanbin had no intention of replying to his words, his eyes focused on the display of the phone. It showed Mino's number. Hanbin was so close to a call, so close. All he had to do was to press the green telephone symbol, but instead he pressed the home button, like he had done a couple of times already, and put the phone away. Bobby let out a sigh.
"We'll go back today. I hope you know that you can't be like this for the rest of your life. You have to talk to him. And it would be nice if you'd also talk to us again."
He didn't mean to sound mad because he wasn't. Well, at least that's what he thought. But the fact that these words left his lips with a bitter aftertaste proved him wrong. He just couldn't understand why it was so hard for Hanbin to talk to Mino. If you had a fight with someone who's important to you, wouldn't you want to clear things up as soon as possible? And Mino had called him, he had called him often enough, showing his good will to talk about everything. And Bobby knew that it had been hard for Hanbin to ignore the calls. Still he was sitting here, pulling a poker face. What was his ing problem?
"Okay, you know what?", Bobby slapped his thighs before he got up, raising his arms in a gesture that made clear that he was giving up.
"I think I'm having enough. I mean, you know that I always try to understand you and stuff, but this time I really can't. I really don't know why the hell you're behaving like this and it's honestly making it so hard for me to stay calm."
Hanbin didn't look up. The elder stood in front of him now and it was clear that he demanded an answer, an explanation, anything that would help him understand his friend's behavior, but there was nothing. Hanbin stayed quiet. Bobby honestly felt like he had the right to get mad, and he did. His voice echoed in the room when he suddenly raised it, and it was only thanks to the last bits of his self-control that he didn't threw something around, though he definitely felt like.  
"TALK TO ME, FOR 'S SAKE!!"
An unexpected outburst. The younger boy bit his tongue and overpowered the urge to cringe. His body was wrecked with tension, he had to take a deep and slow breath, while Bobby tore his hair. It was easy to tell that he had to contain himself; he started to walk from one side to the other, restless and enraged. Hanbin was actually glad that there weren't things in sight Bobby could use to throw at him because if he could, he'd probably do.  
"Give me one ing reason to stay, okay? One ing reason to stay and endure your goddamn stubbornness!"
With arms akimbo, the older rapper stared down at him, and this time Hanbin lifted his head. The blank expression on his face made his friend even more angry, he could tell, but he needed something to hide behind right now. And that was the look others described as scary.
"You wouldn't understand", he calmly answered.
"I wouldn't understand WHAT!"
"Why I'm doing this."
"Yes because you don't even try to explain!"
"Because it has nothing to do with you."
"It has nothing to do with me when you tell me that you don't want me and the others to talk to Mino?? Are you out of your mind?? It HAS something to do with me! Short reminder that I'm your best friend!"
Hanbin clenched his teeth while Bobby continued.
"Excuse me, but you can't tell me that this stupid fight changed how you feel towards Mino! I saw that you wanted to call him so don't tell me that you don't care!"
"But maybe I shouldn't."
"What?"
"Maybe I shouldn't care. I guess it would be better."
"It would be- WHAT? I swear to God, I'm so close to punching you.. For who do you think it would be better if you didn't care, huh??"
His arms opened askingly, Bobby looked at Hanbin who tried to withstand his stare but ended up avoiding it. He looked at his fingers again and watched them as they interlaced. Man, this situation was annoying. If he could, he would just get up and leave, but he was sure that Bobby wouldn't let him go. Of course he wouldn't, he was his best friend. How he acted right now was only a result of how he felt about this. He was concerned and felt helpless, but he wanted to understand and be there for Hanbin, he knew that. But still.. It was hard.
"For WHO would it be better??", Bobby repeated his question now and the way he did made clear that he wouldn't accept it if the younger boy refused to answer.
So for a while, Hanbin stayed quiet and seemed to only pay attention to his fingers, before he finally spoke up.
"Mino."
This answer was not what Bobby had expected to hear. He was clearly taken aback, so much that he even forgot to retain his angry face.
"You think it would be better for Mino if he thought that you don't care anymore?" He looked at Hanbin in disbelief.
"I told you that you wouldn't understand."
"But I want to understand, I-"
"Bobby." Hanbin interrupted him.
"You heard what Mino had said. After all, I think I'm just a burden to him."
Silence. A mixture out of shock and disbelief spread on Bobby's face, even his jaw dropped. What the hell? What the ing hell? He ruffled his hair and in the first few seconds, he didn't know how to react to this. He had to take a deep breath, then he kneeled down before his friend. Bobby was really concerned now, really. In his opinion, this was nothing the Hanbin he knew would ever say. This whole situation seemed to break out in a new, absolutely wrong direction. It didn't seem to be just about the fight anymore because Mino hadn't said that Hanbin was a burden to him with any word. No, there seemed to be so much more to it all of a sudden.
"Hanbin, are you okay?"
"I am."
"No really, are you okay? Do you hear yourself talking? I haven't heard anything as stupid as this in such a long time. I swear, I can't believe that you just said this."
The younger lowered his gaze but didn't respond. There was nothing he could possibly say right now.
"I'm sure that Mino is the last one to think you're a burden. Like, what even makes you think you are? I really don't know what's going on anymore, to be honest." Bobby grabbed Hanbin's hands.
"But you still know who we're talking about, right? Song Mino, who would probably walk across the earth for you if he had to? How do you even dare saying that you're a burden to him?"
Suddenly, the door opened. A lively Yunhyeong entered the room, literally flew into it, a "We have to go to the aiport" on his lips. But the last word left them much quieter than the others. With big eyes, he looked at his fellow members. Bobby, who still held Hanbin's hands and Hanbin, who avoided his gaze and just stared at the floor to his left. No, he didn't need to be a genius to know what they had been talking about.
"We have to go", Yunhyeong repeated after a moment, just receiving a nod from Bobby. But it was Hanbin who got up first, escaping his friend's grip.
"We're ready", he said and shot a glance at Yunhyeong, ignoring the other rapper's sigh. Quickly he grabbed his jacket and passport and left the room without another word. The two elders followed him with their eyes before they exchanged a look, but Bobby only shrugged his shoulders as an answer to the asking expression on Yunhyeong's face. He didn't know what to say. He didn't know what to do. He didn't know anything at all right now. It seemed like all they could do was to wait for what would happen when they were back in Korea.
And something would happen, this one thing was for sure.