Love

My Eyes Are On You

 

So, this story has been sitting in my drive for forever! Decided to dust it off and put it up. I just wanted to write an onkey story(with Gwiboon), so don't expect much lol. I hope you enjoy :)

 

 

 

 

Jinki and I have been friends since middle school. I was a loner and he was the strangely sociable nerd. Cliche, I know. I always tried my best to stay away from people, especially his clique. However, all that effort went down the drain when he landed face first into my crotch....in the cafeteria....for everyone to see. It was the most embarrassing day of my life. It didn't help that his little of a friend, Kim Jonghyun, took pictures and posted them onto every known social media at the time.

 

The weeks;months were followed by Jinki following me everywhere constantly apologizing for "ruining my life". The guy just wouldn't leave me alone.

 

Over the years, we grew closer to each other. We talked on a daily basis, even occasionally spending family holidays with each other. We both didn't have any siblings, so it was nice to finally spend time with someone, even if we weren't the same age.

 

College came quicker than I would have liked. Jinki and I grew somewhat apart when he graduated high school. He was busy being a college student while I was still wasting my life away in high school.

 

When I finally graduated from high school, I entered the same university as Jinki and we became roommates despite the disagreement from my mother. She didn’t see it proper for a girl to share a room with a man, unmarried at that.

 

He had a small apartment not too far from campus. He was looking for a roommate since his previous one had graduated.

 

This is where the present kicks in. It's already the second semester of my first year and things were going great. Jinki bought me anything I wanted though I told him to actually save his money. We are both still in college. We spent our free time studying together, watching movies, with that low life Jonghyun, it was great. Until, some pretty faced started to get in my way.

 

"Jinki~ let's go see a movie, we've been cooped up in the apartment all week."

 

"Sorry Boonie, I promised my friend I'd help her for the musical." Musical, what musical?

 

"Since when do you do musicals?" I watched as he continued to pack all his needed materials for his rendezvous.

 

"Gwiboon, do you ever listen to anything I tell you? I've told you about this musical for the past month." In all honesty,  I zone out most times he's speaking to me. He's just so perfect to look at.

 

"Sorry Jinx, please tell me all about this musical."

 

"Later, I have to go now or I'll be late. Do your homework finally. It's been sitting there for three days. Because I love you, I've done your math." He placed a kiss on my forehead before leaving. All of his actions were making me blush, I just know it.

 

We haven't really sat down and discussed our relationship. We've shared some kisses here and there and occasionally on campus we hold hands, but neither one of us has actually said we're dating. In short, it's complicated.

 

"When will you be back?" I said with a pout.

 

"I'll be back before dinner, I promise. Now do your homework. "

 

"Fine."



 

The following weeks continued like that. Jinki spent all his free time with that perky little . I didn't even get to eat lunch with him anymore. I found out that her name is Luna and she's a music major. I can always rely on Jonghyun to know just about  every ing girl in this school. I knew I hit a new low when I started hanging with him on a daily basis. I don't like being alone and he was my only option since Minho went off to play for the national team.

 

"Jonghyun~ I'm hungry."

 

"Then go get something to eat." I glared at him, as he laid there on his bed looking as happy as he could be.

 

"I don't want to move." He sighed and slammed his laptop closed.

 

"Look, I'm not Jinki. If you want something Gwiboon , go get it yourself." I hit him in the face with his pillow as a response. Bad idea.

 

"Kim Jonghyun put me down! I am a lady not some rag doll!"

 

"Could have fooled me." He threw me onto his bed and straddled my waist. I used my arms to try and push him off but he pinned them to the bed. "Get your own damn food."

 

"Never."

 

"Hah! You think you can beat me at wrestling?"

 

"Of course! Not even a challenge really."

 

"Fine. Escape from my hold and I'll buy you lunch for a month."

 

"Deal." I struggled to free myself for a good five minutes. Jonghyun continued to laugh at my pitiful actions. He leaned down closer to my ear.

 

"Looks like someone lost." Before I spoke, we were interrupted by a sudden intrusion.

 

"Hey Jonghyun have you seen Gwi-oh. ...I-I’m sorry I didn't mean to..." Before he could even finish his sentence, he was out the door. .

 

By the time I made it to the front door he had already made his escape.

 

“Don’t worry Gwiboon. I’m sure he’ll understand, we were just playing around.”

 

“I hope so.”


 

Unfortunately after that incident, I didn’t even get the chance to speak with him. Every morning he had already left: every night he returned after I had already fallen asleep. I no longer saw him in the cafeteria during his lunch hour and Jonghyun hadn’t heard from him either. It was frustrating.


 

“Stupid rabbit taking this all the wrong way.”

 

“Hey Gwiboon.”

 

“Leave me alone mutt.” The unsightly scene that is Jonghyun, wrapped his arm around my shoulders and followed me into the picnic area.

 

“Someone is still a bitter . Maybe I should help you find Jinki. If we’re both lucky, you’ll get laid. You’re happy, I’m happy, it’s a win win.”

 

“Can it shor-the ing she devil.”

 

“What?” In my line of vision was Lee Jinki with that musical laid down on his lap.”That’s definitely interesting. Should we approach them princess?”

 

“Is that even a question?” I started my steps, confident, full of anger, over to the ‘giddy’ couple. It made me sick. Jonghyun was still close on my tail. As we got closer, Jinki could feel our presence. His eyes met mine for the first time in weeks, but he looked far from pleased.

 

“‘Sup, hyung?” Jonghyun spoke first.

 

“Ignore him, where the hell have you been?” Avoiding my gaze, he spoke.

 

“I-I’ve been busy.”

 

“Bull! You’ve been avoiding me and you know it. Look, let’s go talk about this, without the pretty faced .”

 

“I have a name tramp!”

 

“Keep talking and it will be engraved on a tombstone.”

 

“Bite me, !” I socked her right in the ing face.

 

“, Jonghyun grab her.” I tried to remove myself from Jonghyun’s grip as Jinki pulled the frazzled girl to his chest. “Just leave Gwiboon! All you do is cause trouble. You’re such a pain! You honestly don’t care about anyone but yourself!”

 

I could feel the tears in my eyes, but I won’t let him see them, he doesn’t deserve them.

 

“I’m sorry I’m such a ing pain! It must’ve been ing unbearable to act like you care about me.” I freed myself from Jonghyun’s hold and walked away. I didn’t care where I was going as long as it was away from him.


 

Luna had excused herself as well, leaving Jonghyun and Jinki alone.

 

“Hyung, you shouldn’t have said that.”

 

“What do you care, I’m sure you two are happy together.” Jonghyun shook his head.

 

“You’re delusional. Gwi and I were playing around, she wanted me to make her food and we both know I’m no one’s slave. You just caught us in a compromising position. She loves you and we both know that.” Jinki remained silent for a moment before sighing.

 

“I’m sorry Jonghyun. You know how I feel about her and when I saw you two I just…” Jonghyun raised a hand silencing Jinki.

 

“I’m not the one you should be apologizing to.”

 

“I know…”

 

“Don’t wait too long or she’ll slip right through your fingers. By the way, if this wasn’t obvious enough, you should stop hanging around with Luna, avoid her if you can. When Gwiboon’s happy, we’re all happy.” With that, Jonghyun made his leave, leaving Jinki to sit with his thoughts.



 

“.”







 

“That ing idiot, after all I’ve done for him.” Gwiboon angrily threw another shirt into her suitcase. She quickly marched across her room and put her remaining beauty products in before zipping it up and heading to the front door. As soon as she opened the door, she was face to face with a clearly confused Jinki.

 

“Um…”

 

“Move.” Gwiboon gave no room for Jinki to say anything, she didn’t want to. It took that entire moment to register what Gwiboon had in her hand was her luggage and that she was trying to leave.

 

“Wait, no Gwi you can’t leave.”

 

“Yes I can. I’m tired of being such a pain.” At her words, Jinki wore a look of guilt.

 

“Look, can we please just talk?”

 

“No! We’ve had weeks to talk about this, about us Jinki, but you were too busy with that thing to care. Do you know how much it hurt me to hear those words from your mouth? To be misunderstood by the one person I love most?” Her eyes began to tear.

 

“Gwiboon..I know, I know and I’m sorry. I didn’t mean any of it, I promise. It’s just...I love you so much and when I saw you like that with Jonghyun, I couldn’t think straight. I thought that maybe I misread you, maybe you liked Jonghyun all along. You were hanging around him more than you ever did an-”

 

“You’re an idiot.” She interrupted him.

 

“What?”

 

“You’re an idiot. The only reason I was spending time with Jonghyun was because you were always busy practicing your musical and I didn’t like being alone.” Jinki felt like an idiot, true to Gwiboon’s words. He honestly thought she was done with him. Whenever he finished rehearsals early, he would look for Gwiboon, only to find her with Jonghyun.He assumed the two had feelings for each other.

 

“I am an idiot.” A giggle escaped Gwiboon’s mouth.

 

“Yes, but,” she approached him, bringing her hand to his cheek. “you’re my idiot.” Jinki took that as his cue to kiss Gwiboon. After the two broke apart, Jinki stared into her eyes.

 

“Will you finally be my girlfriend?” Without much hesitation Gwiboon answered, “yes.”






 

Scene.

Yay the end.