I Know It Now

I Love You, Do You Know That ?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's Saturday and I shouldn't be out of my bed early in the morning because that's what I usually do. Wake up late in the morning (probably it's afternoon) and spend my time with Jinyoung, doing nothing specifically but enjoying the free time before the tiring Monday come and strike again. Someone is disturbing my routine (not doing anything is part of it, okay ? Don't judge me). I drags myself lazily to open the door because Youngjae, my roommate is probably going out for a breakfast with the early bird, Yugyeom. I looks up at the visitor while rubbing my eyes, to make sure that I'm seeing the right thing which I doubt that at the moment.

 

"Jackson ?" I called out his name just to make sure. He shows me his bright smile and nods.

"Hey, Jae." I raises an eyebrow as I'm confused.

 

Don't get me wrong. I'm not being rude to Jackson. It is just that I'm not close to him though we're in the same class for P.E. The longest conversation we had before was me asking him what he's going to have for lunch later and it ended there. I always have this feeling that he's looking at me but the time I turned to him, he looked away. Not very sure of what is happening now whether I stole something from him by accident or there's something else that I do not know.

 

"Hey, what's up ?" A very short and simple question I asked. It's morning, okay ?

"I have something to talk about with you." He said. 

"Now ?" He nods. "What is it ?" 

"Will you be my boyfriend ?"

Okay, I admit that I was being rude to Jackson this morning. When he asked me to be his boyfriend, I was surprised and unconsciously slammed the door to his face (I hope he didn't kiss the door because of me) and I regret it but I'm Jaebum - I never say sorry to other people except for Jinyoung because he is my childhood friend. I pokes the ketchup with my fries, regretting of what I (accidentally) did.

 

"What are you thinking about ?" Jinyoung asked, pulling me back to the reality.

"Nothing." Simply said that before putting the fries into my mouth.

"It can't be simply nothing. You don't keep unimportant thing in your mind." Jinyoung smiles. "Hey, no secret between us, remember ?" I sighs.

"Something happened this morning." Jinyoung chuckles.

"You woke up this morning ? Whoa ~" I sends him an useless glare that always make people scared but Jinyoung.

"I'm serious." Jinyoung laughs.

"Please continue, Your Highness." I sighs. Talking to the bookworm is very annoying. 

"Long story short, Jackson came to ask me to be his boyfriend." Now Jinyoung stop laughing and moves his body closer to me.

"What again ?" I groans. I really don't like this topic.

"He asked me out." Jinyoung gasped.

"Are you serious ?" I sips my Ice Americano and shrugs.

"The right question is : Is he being serious ?" Jinyoung nods.

"Jackson Wang, the athelete ?" I nods. "He likes to play around."

"That's what I meant." Jinyoung lays back and has this thinking-deeply-like-sherlock face.

"But how did he know that you're a gay ? Because it is just me, you and your roommate- " I cuts him.

"And your boyfriend." Jinyoung glares at me.

"Don't bring him into our conversation." I sticks out my tongue and chuckles.

"Jackson can't be serious. He's just playing around." I said to Jinyoung before sips my drink again.

"Hey, Defsoul JB." I looks up to the voice owner after I heard someone called my stage name and blinks few times.

"Jackson." He smiles at me and sits next to me.

"You're going to play basketball ?" He asked while pointing at my basketball team who is currently doing a warm up.

"Yeah, you're playing too ?" He shakes his head.

"Just come back from my fencing practice. To see you." I raises an eyebrow before chuckles.

"Nice one, Jackson." I stands up after done tying my shoes. "Have a game to catch. Bye." I was about to enter the game before a strong hand grabs my wrist.

"I'm serious." Jackson looks into my eyes with his serious face. "I like you."

 

I don't know what is going on but the look he's giving me at the moment is very uncomfortable for me so I look away, not knowing the fact that I'm slightly blushing because of his stare. He said he likes me and the boyfriend thing is real. My mind is not working perfectly at the moment unlike what is usually do. Again, not knowing that I'm stuttering, I'm excusing myself to join the game. He loosen the grip and I quickly walks into the game, not looking back because I feel really embarassed and- and- I don't know how to describe it but I really need to hide in a hole. Why he has to say that while looking at me deeply into my soul ? Honestly, I can't get the game inside of my head because he is sitting there (where I was sitting before) and watching me the whole game.

I seriously need a place to hide and I don't know why ..

"He's being serious, huh ?" Jinyoung smirks at me and I seriously want to punch him in the face.

"Shut up." I throws my towel to him who is sitting on my bed.

"So what's your answer ? Are you going to say yes to him ?" I rolls my eyes while putting my jacket on.

"I barely know him."

"Not really." Jinyoung said. "He's an open book. Everyone knows him."

"Yeah but does he know me ? Even if he knows everything me, we're not close to start with." Jinyoung nods. "Come on, let's go." I grabs my cap before walking out of my dorm, not expecting someone to be waiting infront of the door. "J-Jackson ? What are you doing here ?"

"I want to ask you out for a date." He smiles perfectly while I'm standing, trying to make sense into my head.

"Oh he would love to, Jackson." Jinyoung from nowhere (actually from behind me) answered on my behalf.

"B-But we're going out- " Jinyoung taps my shoulder and pretending to be sad.

"I have a date with Mark. Sorry, friend." Jinyoung pouts (he actually smiling, I can see that) and leaving us two alone.

"So .. Shall we ?" Jackson asked and I'm not very sure about this.

 

Oh well, I was planning to go out with Jinyoung to watch movie but now after Jinyoung betrayed me, I don't know what to do. I'm walking next to Jackson and not having a conversation with him along the way to the cinema. It's very awkward and noted myself to kill Jinyoung after I get back to my dorm. 

 

"You look good, by the way." First thing come out from his mouth after a long time.

"Um- Thanks." I rubs behind my neck as this is getting more awkward.

 

I saw Jackson keep hitting his forehead like regretting something but it's not just him because the air between us is really awkward and I couldn't breathe normally. I takes out my hands and rubbing it against each other because the weather today is cold for summer (not cool for the summer, okay ?). Then a warm and strong hand grabs my hand and put it inside of his jacket pocket. I'm surprised to see what Jackson did but I complain nothing because it's comfortable (the warm of his jacket, not his touch).

 

"Your hands are cold." I smiles to him.

"Not expecting the weather to be like this. Atleast we're going to watch movie, not spending our time outside." I can feel that Jackson holds my hand tightly.

 

We watched action movie and Jackson was not being Jackson. He is a famous athelete in our university and he is a loud one so it's very weird to see him being silent in the cinema. Maybe he's respecting others for watching movie ( or simply because he keep looking at me for the whole time ). We make a stop in the restaurant because my stomach made a stupid sound when I was saying the opposite of what my stomach want. I was eating my food until I heard a chuckle from him.

 

"Not hungry, huh ?" I glares at him before continue to eat. "I like your smile." Jackson said.

"Hmm ? What ?"

"It's not the first time we met but I fell for you when the first time I saw your smile. It was beautiful." Not knowing my face starts to blush. "You were talking to Jinyoung that moment. That's why you didn't notice me staring at you which I glad that you didn't because it's embarassing." 

"Why ? You hit the wall ?" I was joking but then his face starts to be red. I chuckles. "Are you serious ?" He nods.

 

With the image of him hitting the wall, I'm laughing loud enough to make his face redden more than before. Restraining the laughter, I smiles from ear to ear and said something accidentally that makes him froze on his seat.

 

"You're cute."

"How's your date ?" First question Jinyoung asked when he saw me.

"Shut up." Ignoring him while making our way to the class.

 

Jinyoung keep poking me to get the story of what happened on my date out from my mouth. Wait- Did I agree that it was a date ? Urm .. Anyway, I was reaching to my locker first to get my book before going to the class and I did not expect something little (not expecting the big too, of course) like post-its on my locker.

Thanks for your time. It was fun.

- Jackson

p/s : Please send me that smile again

I was smiling over this cute little message and Jinyoung interupting it by stealing the post-it.

 

"Smile ?" Jinyoung grins and wiggles his eyebrows to me.

"Shut up." I grabs back the post-it and pushes Jinyoung away from my locker.

 

Jinyoung laughs and makes fun of me about the smile thingy while getting to his locker which is few steps away from mine. Ignoring his childish action, I gets the book from my locker. Before locking it, I look back at the message and again, unknowingly a smile appears on my face. I holds it tight and keeps it in my locker.

 

"Such a cutie." I grins.

That things is becoming Jackson's habit. There would always be a post-it on my locker, saying :

 

How's the game, beautiful ?

- Jackson

 

I heard you skipped your lunch. It's not good for your health babe. Let's have a meal together.

- Jackson

 

Saw you laughing in the class when I walked passed by. You took my breath away again.

-Jackson

 

Let's go out for another date. I miss you.

-Jackson

 

"Whoa, he becomes a creepy stalker now." Said Jinyoung who is leaning against the locker, looking at me reading the post-it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter