final

Burger and Fries

Wendy put down the glass of water on her table and settled down on her couch. She put her feet on the table and leaned back. Wendy scrolled through her Netflix, trying to find a good show to watch. After a tiring day at work, she just want to sit back and—

“Wan-ah!”

And there goes her peace.

“Hey, Joy! Yeah, you can just barge in. Yeah! I’m doing great! Thanks for asking!” Wendy knocked her head back on the couch and mentally counted from 100 backwards. Joy came back from the kitchen with a bag of chips and flopped right next to Wendy on the couch, taking every piece of peace from Wendy’s day.

“Are you seriously going to waste your day in your sweats on your couch? Oh, you’re out of juice by the way.” Wendy stared at her best friend wide eyed and scoffed. She folded her arms and went back to finding shows again. Scandal sounds good right now.

“Let’s go out!” Joy whined and pulled on Wendy’s arm.

“No, I wanna stay home. I don’t want to go anywhere except to the kitchen to get snacks—before you eat it all—and the restroom to pee.” How To Get Away With Murder is giving me signs to deal with Joy right now.

“I need help with buying a gift for Seulgi, it’s our one year anniversary tonight! I’m the best present she can have but it doesn’t hurt to have extras.” Wendy rolled her eyes at Joy’s self-praises.

“You haven’t bought anything yet?! And that’s not my problem.”

“Please, Wendy!”

“Nope!”

“I’ll buy you that new mixer that you been wanting.”

“Dammit.”

 

 

Wendy and Joy went to everywhere: clothing stores to body wash stores but Joy couldn’t decide until we stop at her favorite store of all: Victoria’s Secret. Joy dragged Wendy inside the store for Seulgi’s present.

“You should look for something for you as well. It doesn’t hurt to have more.”

“I have plenty of undergarments.”  Wendy picked up a flimsy underwear and immediately dropped it after she saw how it won’t cover much.

“Please. Your collection need some help. I can even guess what underwear you’re wearing now.”

“What? No, you can’t.”

“It’s your blue laced underwear with the matching bra.”

“Don’t you have an anniversary present to pick out?”

 

 

Wendy was looking around, bored out of her mind. Then a worker walked up to her. She had straight black hair split down the middle; pale skinned and could easily pass as one of the models instead.

“Hi, I’m Irene. Do you need help with anything?” Wendy tried not stared as much.

“Oh, I’m with a friend. We’re looking for something for her girlfriend.”

“No problem. Anything on that side of the wall is currently “buy one set, get one free”. So if your friend decided on something over there, you can get the other set.” Wendy thanked the girl and walked away to find Joy. She found her at the wall that Irene told her about.

“A worker told me if you buy something here, you get a set free. So if you get something for Seulgi, you can get something for yourself.”

“I can get the other set for you.”

“I’m okay, Joy—“

“Excuse me, what would look great on my friend over here?” Joy called over the same girl, Irene that helped Wendy. Irene looked at Wendy from head to toe and smiled at her.

“From your skin color, a light blue or pastel blue would look nice on you or typical color red for it to POP.” Irene smiled and picked up underwear set for Wendy.

“This set would look great on you!”

“Really? You think so?”

“Trust me, I know butts.”  Irene winked at Wendy while Joy looked at the other things. Wendy blushed as she shyly turned away. Joy picked up an evergreen teddy and was trying to do decide whether she should get it with the straps or not.

“Wendy, what do you think?”

“For you? I guess? I don’t know. Can you hurry though? I’m starving for a burger and fries.” Wendy pouted and rubbed her stomach. Irene chuckled at the sight and Wendy blushed as she forgot that Irene was still there.

“There’s a great burger and fries joint down the street from here, Pete’s Burgers.” Irene suggested and she can automatically see a light in Wendy’s eyes.

“There’s a dressing room right over there if you want to try on the teddy.” Irene suggested again and pointed us in the direction. Before they left, Irene also gave a navy blue teddy to Wendy.

“I think you should try this as well.” Wendy blushed again that night.

Wendy looked at the contraption in the dressing room.

“How the heck do I—Joy?” Wendy called out to the dressing room next to her where Joy was in.

“Yeah?”

“How do I put this thing on?”

“I’m trying to put mine on too. Ask Irene.”

“I’m not going to ask—“

“Hello, need help?”  There was a knock on the door. Wendy froze after hearing the voice.

“Um, I think I’m going to be okay.” Wendy squeaked and folded the teddy back up.

 

 

Joy bought the set for Seulgi and the teddy for herself but she tried to justified herself that it’s for Seulgi too.

“I have to make myself look the best for her so she’s technically getting two presents.”

“You’re impossible.”

“I see that you got the set I told you to.” Wendy looked into bag again but saw something else. She took out a card. She flipped it over.

 

Hey!

I’m also hungry for a burger and fries so would it be okay to meet you there after work? I get off at 7

-Irene

 

“Well then, guess you won’t be lonely tonight while I’m with my Bear.”

“Don’t you have an anniversary to celebrate?” Wendy pushed her away and turned towards Pete’s Burgers.