Stuck With You

Stuck With You

 

It began when they were both 10, Sooyoung was always tall and the boys saw her as an easy target, she was skinny lanky and tanned. The boys would always point at her long legs calling her chicken legs, Sooyoung would get easily upset and even in her 20's every time she would see chicken feet she would be reminded of those days. 

Yuri didn't really care much for the boys that made fun of her either, she knew she would grow up to be a better person, at a young age she knew everything wasn't permanent and that things are just temporary. Simply put Yuri just didn't care. She was quite the careless child as she went about her days going out and about exploring new places and going on to adventures as she would call it, getting back at God knows what time making her parents worried sick. She had a habit of doing this. 

So one day Yuri decided to run away, because who needed parents to hold you down? This way Yuri would be able to go where ever she wanted whenever she wanted, it sounded like the perfect plan. Packing her things in a bright blue backpack Yuri went on her way. She had a journal where she listed the places shes visit, she once even made it to another town on her own. She thought her scooter would get her places faster so just when she was about to leave she had asked for the her classmate Im Yoona's scooter along the way. 

Returning from another day of teasing from school Sooyoung walked slower than usual, she looked down at her legs that had caused her so much pain over the years, when were they ever this long? Oh how she wished she was short like that girl in her class Sunny. Along her way home she noticed another classmates of hers, Kwon Yuri, gliding by on a scooter. It didn't seem like she was on her way home and it looked like the scooter she was on was Im Yoona's, intruiged Sooyoung walked a little faster to catch up with the young Kwon Yuri. 

Looking at her side Yuri noticed Sooyoung fast walking next to her, not feeling like talking Yuri picked up the pace a little. 

"Where are you going? you live on the other side of town." Sooyoung tried to catch up with her. She always did see Yuri going off to her little adventures, it amazed Sooyoung how someone could care so little, she knew Yuri had her share of being made fun too, how come she didn't get upset about it? To Sooyoung, Yuri was a role model. 

"Away." 

"What?" Sooyoung asked.

"Im going away." 

"What do you mean?" 

"I'm running away from home." 

From what Sooyoung knows, Mr and Mrs Kwon were the nicest parents she knew, Mrs Kwon would always bring food to school events and they would always both be there at every school play, confused Sooyoung had to ask "Why?" 

"So that i won't have parents to hold me back." 

"That's stupid." Sooyoung didn't understand Yuri's motive, why would anyone want to run away from the Kwon residence? the best looking house on the street. 

Yuri rolled her eyes "You wouldn't understand. I don't belong here." 

Sooyoung felt that way too, that she didn't belong here, that her parents would be more than happy to have just had her older sister, the perfect daughter who had the perfect height. "Can i come with you?" 

Yuri's stare at Sooyoung lingered for seconds, Sooyoung couldn't read Yuri, it didn't seem like Yuri was even human at this point. "Whatever." Was all Yuri said. 

So Sooyoung went, Sooyoung went to places she had never been before, amazed at the new sightings Sooyoung wished she had befriended Yuri earlier and went to trips like this instead of being made fun of. 

They came to a destination, on a meter tall brick wall that was on a hill overlooking the town. It seemed Yuri had been here plenty of times as there were wrappers of Yuri's favourite snacks, Pepero, the stick chocolate covered snack and Yuri were quite the inseparable pair. Yuri struggled to get on top of the brick wall whilst Sooyoung simply climbed it without a problem. "Showoff." Yuri said under her breath. 

It had already gotten dark, and Sooyoung already started to regret her escapade with Yuri. She barely knew Yuri, all she knew was that she didn't like to be attach to things even people, and that she had a love for pepero, she also knew that Yuri was just like her, one of the class freak just because of her tanned skin. Yuri pulled out a stick of pepero out of puffing air as if the stick were a cigarette, she over looked the town with glazed eyes. Sooyoung watched her, they had been classmates for how long now and she didn't know a single thing about her. 

 "Its pretty cool up here but, uh, when are we going back?" Sooyoung anxiously asked, dogs were now howling in the streets and it was starting to get a little bit chilly.

Yuri bit down on her pepero stick "I said i was running away didn't i?" Sooyoung nodded, "So that means i'm not going back." Sooyoung frowned, what is it at home that made Yuri want to run away? 

"Nothing, I just like going places." Was what Yuri said when Sooyoung asked about home. Sooyoung changed her mind about Yuri, Yuri may have been admirable for her lack of interest and care, but to Sooyoung she was stupid, Sooyoung got up and started to go down the beaten path behind the brick wall whilst Yuri simply took out another stick out the packet. 

Now Sooyoung knew why no one had bothered to befriend Yuri, she was downright weird and only wanted to be alone. 

However something in the 10 yr old Sooyoung told her to not leave. She also hadn't done anything like this, nor was she ever knwon to be rebelious daughter, so she wouldn't know how her parents will react, she did know that it wouldn't be a good one. She walked back up the hill where Yuri was still chewing, she placed herself right next to her, from the corner of her eyes Sooyoung could see Yuri smiling. "I thought you were going?" 

"I couldn't leave you." Sooyoung mumbled, it was quite embarrassing, she didn't know why but her cheeks suddenly felt warm, she wasn't the only one with warm cheeks though. 

"Hey Soo." Sooyoung looked at Yuri weirdly, Soo? that was a first, no-one had ever given her a nickname but somehow Yuri had made it seem natural. 

"Yeah...? Yul...?" Yuri couldn't hide her smile anymore, hearing her new nickname made her feel somewhat giddy. 

"Do you want to be my sidekick?" 

"Would i get to travel with you?" 

"Of course, that's what sidekicks are for right?" 

"Then okay, as long as i get to go with you." 

The cold air of the night sent chills down Sooyoungs back, how exactly were they going to stay here all night? 

"Hey Soo." Yuri said again.

"Yeah?" Sooyoung answered. 

"Will you pass me my bag down there, you have longer arms." Sooyoung did as she was told and reached for the blue back pack handing it to Yuri in which she took out a blanket, she scooted a little closer to Sooyoung placing the blanket around the both of them. Sooyoung suddenly forgot what she wanted to go back to, her bed may had been more cozy than the cold brick wall, but she didn't mind wherever she was, as long as she was with Yuri. 

 

 

 

- Honestly didn't know where i was going with this, i just thought Soori are a really cute couple. Bit of a reflection on my childhood as i had a habit of going places i had never been to, im guilty for making my parents cry a lot i was younger haha, and im still like that :| I don't mean to do it, i just like going places.