but we can't be like that

why can't it be like that?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

 

She leaned against the door watching him move and sway along the rhythm. Her eyes soften while she sees him panting and sweating to get to perfection. She doesn't know why people can be so cruel and judge mental? He works hard as much as the others and he improved, but the others have improved as well. It's not that he's not working hard, it just that he can't keep up with the others.

 

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath because she know how it feels. And sometimes or most of the time she thinks that they're right. She's nothing more than just a pretty face. And to top it all up, some people doesn't even think she's that pretty and she shouldn't be the visual, Krystal should be the visual of the group, but what would that make her? Jinri closed her eyes as her heart got heavier.

 

“Jinri?” His voice made her lucid and she gave him a subtle smile.

 

“I brought you water.” She chuckled and tossed him the bottle. “Why are you still here? It's so late.” Jinri asked as she entered the practice room. She sat on the floor and leaned on the wall while she looks at her reflection in the mirror.

 

“Same goes to you though? Why are you still here?” He sat beside her and drank the water she offered.

 

“I was practicing and then I heard  music in the next room, it turns out to be you. People didn't like my performance last time when I got sick.” Jinri mumbled softly, but it was audible enough for him to hear.

 

He knows about the comments that's been thrown at her and he tilted his head. He tilted his head to see if there were still twinkle in her eyes, the twinkle that made him blush when they first met. The reason why he can't say no to f(x) apart that they're his Sunbae.

 

“Sehun, you're a great dancer! You're very charismatic on stage. Whatever they say about you isn't true. You work so hard and you are very talented.” Jinri smiled at him, but one thing he noticed that it was gone.

 

The shine on her face, the twinkle in her eyes and the sincerity in her smile. All those hates took it all away.

 

“You're a hard worker, Jinri. You're not useless. You have many people who loves you, your fans, members… and me.”  Sehun looked away and his lower lip. His cheeks turned crimson red and Jinri can see his reflection on the mirror.

 

Her heart almost stopped. It was as if everything was in slow motion and she could hear her heart pumping. Jinri cleared and an obvious blush appeared on her cheeks, “W-what?” She mumbled.

 

Sehun took a deep breath and garnered up all his courage to face her. He looked at her and held her chin so she can face him, “I said… I love you.”

 

“S-sehun…” Jinri mumbled and looked down, unable to make an answer to his sudden confession.

 

“It's okay you don't have to say anything-” Before Sehun could finish his sentence he suddenly felt soft lips on his. It was a quick touch on the lips, smooth and chaste.

 

“I love you too.” She mumbled. Her face was red and Sehun just laughed.

 

* * *

 

“Congratulations to f(x)!”

 

The confetti flew and everyone clapped and cheered for them. Victoria and Amber gave their thank you speech as the encore for Rum pum pum pum started playing.

 

EXO were there to celebrate their encore stage with them. Jinri saw Sehun along with Chanyeol and she took the opportunity to approached him, pretending to give them the mic. She smiled at Sehun and tried to pass him the mic but he respectfully declined and Jinri immediately turned around as if it was just a brush of nothing.

 

Sehun watched his girlfriend walk towards her members and laughed when he saw her play with the trophy and joked around with Victoria.

 

* * *

 

It was their second win and EXO was then again on stage with them. Victoria, again as a leader gave her speech while Jinri hid behind her and talked to Chanyeol, but was secretly glancing at Sehun who was clapping with Luhan.

 

Once Victoria was done everyone scattered and played throughout the song. Jinri's laugh stood out amongst the other, she was famous for having an outstanding laugh. While Luna and Victoria were trying to dance EXO's growl, Jinri stayed behind and grinned as she watch Sehun get dragged by Luhan.

 

Their eyes met and they smiled at each other. For them it was enough, or at least they thought so.

 

 * * *

 

f(x) promotions ended quite soon while on the other hand EXO continued their promotions. And all they could do was text or call each other.

 

 Jinri just started to film her new movie called “The Pirates.” While Sehun had to go back forth from another country to Korea. It was getting harder and harder for them to communicate. And Jinri felt a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter