01%

99%
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

🍂

 

 

 

Be with someone who moves you.

 

 

 

 

🍂

 

“A rainy Tuesday is unusual”, Luhan just realizes as he brushes off the excess leaves of the bouquet he’s finished arranging. He pats the brown basket and inserts a small scented card in the bouquet, with a printed, “I love only you.”

Luhan hums as he places the basket of red roses on the top shelf, just behind the counter.

The bell rings.

“Hello, what can I help you with?” he smiles as he takes of his gloves. The man smiles back and nods, “Do you mind me looking around?” Luhan rushes to the customer’s side and shakes his head vigorously, “No, not at all!”

The man grins and a slight feeling of breathlessness catches Luhan for a quick second.

The doctor, he presumes, turns to him and points at a vase full of roses. “Are those your favorite flowers?”

“Excuse me?” Luhan jumps back and raises an eyebrow.

He repeats his question, “Are those your favorite flowers?” Luhan churns a “No.”

“Then what are your favorite flowers,” he squints, “Luhan?” He could feel his throat being tickled and he had the greatest urge to scratch it open. “Hydrangeas-“

The man claps, “An unusual choice, and why is that so?” Luhan does not know where this conversation is heading to; but the customer, who he has seen for the first time in his life, is grabbing his interest.

“Because,” Luhan gathers his thoughts, “—they’re pretty.”

“I see. I need to go, Luhan. I’ll see you.”

And the bell rings again.

 

🍂

 

Minseok goes back for the second time.

The bell rings again and Minseok is greeted by Luhan's instantaneous smile. "Hello again," Minseok gives a smile as he walks around the flower shop.

He sits down in front of a basket of purple hyacinths, and waits for Luhan to finish preparing an order. He hears Luhan hum a song— a lullaby, he thinks. He closes his eyes and crawls back.

Luhan finishes the order and proceeds to t and grooming the flowers with already-large leaves.

"What's your favorite flower?" He looks up at Luhan, who's busy t leaves from the white roses in front of him. "Are you done with that order?" Minseok asks and Luhan gently releases a "Yes." "Are those from a new batch?" Luhan nods in reply.

"What's your favorite flower?" Luhan repeats, this time with more force, "I want to know."

"Hanahaki." Minseok breathes out. Luhan's eyes dart around the room for any other signs of life. When he confirms clearance, he whispers, "Hanahaki?"

Minseok gives a sly grin, "I heard you cough a lot earlier. Is it, by chance, from Hanahaki?" Luhan could almost vomit, but he holds it in.

"No."

"See you soon." Minseok stands up and Luhan's eyes graze on his stainless coat.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter