Fate?

Little Angel , Little Devil

It was just like any other school day for Seohyun until she received a phone call from an unknown number. She picked up the call after the caller kept on calling her non-stop, disturbing her in the class.

“Hello, may I know who is calling? If it’s not urgent would you please call me back later as I’m in the class now. Thank you.” Seohyun was about to end the call when she heard the caller on the other end shouted at her.

“Hey you, I’ll only say it once, mind you. Your father had borrowed a high interest loan from us and now he is on the run. No matter what, you as his daughter must pay us back for him!”

“But, excuse me sir. I’m no longer in contact with him. And most of all, he is no longer my daddy since my parents had signed their divorce papers two months ago. If you are so desperate for that amount of money, why don’t you ask your guys to search for him like those in the dramas I watched?” Seohyun hung up the phone once she had finished her sentence. Minutes later, she got another call. And this time it was from the person she hated the most. Still, she picked up the call.

“Seohyun, you must help daddy. Daddy is in big trouble now!” her father begged as if the very next moment he would meet with the death messenger.

“Daddy? Are you sure you still qualified to be one after what you had done to us? Or simply you had forgotten about I’m not your daughter? Do you know mom is depressed while grandma is struggling to raise Ju-hee alone?” Seohyun could no longer hold her anger the moment her father opened his mouth. Hearing him saying her name and asking her help really made her mad. Her tears too unconsciously started to accumulate in her eyes.

“Seohyun, please don’t do this to me. I’m sorry. I know no matter what I do now will never change the past, but please don’t treat me as a stranger. After all, we did have a wonderful father-daughter relationship. Please Seohyun, you must help me or you will never see me again.” Seohyun hung up the phone even though on the other side her father had lowered his ego and begged her. She could no longer stand it anymore. It was too much for her to bear. She had had enough hard time, she just didn’t want her father to add another headache for her. She closed her eyes and let her tears to fall freely. She cried with her hand covering as she didn’t want to get the attention of those entering the washroom.

 

 

~ ~ ~

 

 

Seohyun made her way closer to the stage when she heard the MC announced that her friend, Park Ha-eun would be next contestant to perform. When she saw her friend stepped on to the stage, she waved and cheered for her. Ha-eun who noticed her, smiled back at her. Ha-eun rushed toward her when she had finished performing.

“It was a great performance. Didn’t I tell you that you could be great singer with your powerful vocal?” Seohyun teased Ha-eun.

“Oh my, stop praising me or it will go over my head soon.”

“I’ll be there to stop it before it goes to your head.” the both of them then broke into laughter.

“Let’s go somewhere to eat.” Seohyun suggested that as she knew it would take some time before they announce the winner. Ha-eun just nodded her head and followed.

When they were busy checking up those booths outside the contest hall, an announcement through the loud speakers made Seohyun’s head turned.

“Ms. Seo Ju Hyun, if you are listening, please shows yourself up at the stage as soon as possible or we will disqualify you for the contest. Thank you.”

Seohyun looked at Ha-eun, puzzled. Ha-eun just smiled at her, showing that she was not surprise at all hearing that. Before she could open and ask, Ha-eun answered all the questions she had in her mind.

“Yes. You’re one of the contestants. I registered it on your behalf. Please don’t be mad at me, Seohyun. I know your potential as a friend. And now that you’re here, why don’t you give this a chance? Who knows you may be the lucky one?”

Seohyun didn’t utter a word but just kept on staring at her friend with her mind trying to figure out what she should do next.

Seeing no response from Seohyun, Ha-eun took that as her agreement to join the contest. “Come on or you’ll be disqualified.” Without wasting another minute, she brought Seohyun back to the stage.

“You can do it just like what you told me.” Ha-eun said before she gently pushed Seohyun towards the stage.

Now, Seohyun had calmed herself down. “But, wait! I didn’t have a song for this!”

Ha-eun laughed a little seeing Seohyun’s reaction. “Just sing whatever you have in your mind.”

With her hands trembling, Seohyun took a bold step on to the stage. All the spotlights then her. After calming herself down, she started to sing her favorite song, Taeyang’s Eyes, Nose, Lips. The whole hall went silent as they were too absorbed in her wonderful voice.

In the end, everyone in the hall gave Seohyun a standing ovation once she ended her song. Claps and cheers could be heard from every direction. Judges could be seen nodding their heads approving her vocal. And last but not least, Ha-eun was wiping her tears. She was too proud to have such a friend like Seohyun.

Ha-eun gave Seohyun a hug when she came down from the stage, whispering in her ear that she did a good job.

“Thank you Ha-eun for giving me this opportunity.”

“If you want to thank me, then treat me with something nice to eat.”

“Of course, let’s go then.”

“Don’t you want to know the result? Aren’t we leaving too soon?” Ha-eun protested.

“I’m not interested in the result. I did that just for you, Park Ha-eun. And we’ll right back in time for the result, trust me.”

Knowing that Seohyun always meant what she said, Ha-eun followed.

In the end of the day, both of them didn’t make it to the final. Still, they were happy and proud of themselves for giving themselves a chance to take up the challenge.

“Maybe next time, we would be the winner!” Seohyun tried to cheer up the atmosphere.

“Of course we’ll be here again next year. And who knows we might the ultimate winner”

“Let’s go home now. It’s late.”

 

 

~ ~ ~

 

 

Alarm by the bedside woke Seohyun up from her dream.

“Whose alarm is that?” CL asked from below.

“I’m so sorry for waking you up!” Seohyun apologized.

“Next time could you please stop disturbing others?” CL grumbled before she went back into her dreamland again. Seohyun felt bad. She didn’t mean to wake her up. But, she just dimply couldn’t help it. She needed the alarm to wake her up or else she would be late for the trainings.

Seeing how hard CL work herself for the team, Seohyun realized the two of them had something similar. They both work hard for their future. The only thing that differentiates them would be their aim of doing so. CL would love to have some recognition from her family about her choice of career.  On the other hand, she would love if her parents be well again and could gather like those days.

Should she say it was fate that brought the two of them together?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ahnyoung guys…^^

It’s has been a long time since I last updated this…I’m sorry for letting you guys wait….

Okay, this is not an update actually…it’s merely an improved version (or something like that) after I re-edit everything from chapter one to three…

I do hope you guys will like this…

And now I do wish to have your opinion on partner for CL, Hani and Hyolyn…as I already have one OC for Seohyun…

Please feel free to leave me a comment, I won’t bite as I like to know what you guys think and want next… =)

Till the next update, have a great day guys … ^^

 

 

 

Actually I wanted to thank you, my subscribers (the seven of you) personally by naming you guys here…*sigh*…I lost my book with your name in it…I’m sorry…