It's now

Little Angel , Little Devil

After pacing up and down in front of the 32-storeys tall building, Seohyun calmed herself down by taking a deep breath before she made a bold step into it. Carefully she walked towards the information counter and she was greeted by a brightly smiled receptionist.

“May I know the way to meet Manager Kang? I have an appointment with him today at two. Thank you.” Seohyun asked while showing her the business card with Manager Kang’s name on it.

The receptionist made a quick dial and when she put down the phone, a tall and smart looking guy could be seen rushing towards their direction.

“Good afternoon, Ms. Seo Ju-hyun. This way please.” The guy greeted Seohyun before he started to show the way. Within minutes, the two of them were standing in right in front of a glass door with the name ‘Meeting Room’ clearly shown on it.

“You may go in. Manager Kang is waiting for you now.” He left once he finished his sentence and left Seohyun all by herself standing there wondering alone. At that moment, she was still feeling uncertain whether she should continue or chicken-out. Should she take up the challenge or should she go back to where she belongs? She really had no idea. But then a sudden thought came into her mind and that thought frightened her. She shook her head and tried her best in consoling herself that everything will be alright soon.

After several minutes of self-consoling and wondering the pros and cons, she decided to go in and take up the challenge. She knocked on the door before she entered. When the door was opened, she was taken aback. Other than Manager Kang with his back facing her, there were several people in the room as well. By the look and the way they dressed, they seemed to be the important person or so-called VIP of the company. Still, Seohyun didn’t forget her manners. She bowed and greeted all of them as a sign of respect. It was only then Manager Kang turned around to come face to face with her.

“Welcome, Ms. Seo Ju-hyun. Please have a seat.” Manager Kang invited her to sit right to him. Seohyun did as told. Once she had made herself comfortable, Manager Kang put a pile of documents in front of her. He then explained everything in details without wasting another minute.

Seohyun picked up the documents in front of her and read it with a heavy heart. With her head lied low, she knew all the attention was on her. Slowly she read through the documents.  When she was done and understood the contents, she put it down.

“So, what is your decision?” Manager Kang asked. He was eager to know the answer. Everyone in the room had their eyes on her and was holding their breath. It was total silence and you could almost hear every heartbeat clearly.

Without any hesitation, Seohyun said, “I’ll accept your offer. I agree to be a part of 2N4.”

Everyone in the room sighed with relieved and cheered on top of their voice. They were just too happy to hear the answer.

“Welcome, Ms. Seo Ju-hyun, the new member of 2N4.”

While everyone in jovial mood, she was not. She didn’t know whether she made the right move. Only god knows how she felt that moment. Images of her parents lying in the hospital, critically injured and in need of funds for operation came across her mind again. Her tears started to accumulate in her eyes. And without anyone noticing, she wiped them away. She knew she should not show her weak side to others.

 

~ ~ ~

 

News of 2N4 having a new member spread like wild fire. Within hours of Seohyun signing the contract, gossip could be heard at every corner of the building and in the trainees’ dorm.

Hani was the first to know about it when she overheard the conversation behind her during her lunch break. And she was too glad that finally 2N4 is going to get their debut. After waiting for more than three years, the moment had come to them.

Once she had finished her lunch, she rushed back to her dorm. She knew the rest too would feel the same. They too would be excited after hearing this good news. Unfortunately, not all shared her joy. CL with her poker face intact, crossed her legs and continued her vocal training as of nothing had happened.

“Aren’t you happy? We are going to debut!” Hani asked, looking straight into her face. But, CL just ignored her.

“Just don’t bother about her, Hani. You know her, don’t you? She hides well.” Hyolyn cheered her up as she knew Hani was hurt by CL’s reaction. Yes, the three of them had waited for a long time to get the chance of debuting after years of training. And now that their manager had found the right candidate for them, she knew their day of getting themselves in front of the world is near.

Hani nodded her head in agreeing what Hyolyn had said. “Come on, Lynlyn, leave her alone. Why don’t we go and find something for our new member? I want her to feel warm and welcome on the day she arrived here and stay with us.” Hani suggested.

Hyolyn smiled and nodded her head. “Let’s go.”

 

~ ~ ~

 

CL gave Seohyun a quick top to bottom measure before she said, “So, you are the new member? Manager Kang’s favorite apple, huh?”

Seohyun remained silent. Her mind was trying hard in digesting what she had heard. ‘Manager Kang’s favorite apple’? What a joke!  She is no one’s apple or puppet!

“Hi, I’m Ahn Hee-yeon, but you can call me Hani. Nice to meet you, Seohyun. Thanks for joining us as a member of 2N4.” Hani introduced herself while her hand hold out the present she brought specially for Seohyun.

Seohyun smiled at her and took the present from her carefully. “Thank you so much and nice to meet you too.” She greeted her in return and thanked her for that thoughtful present. “I’m Seo Ju-hyun and hopefully we can live well with each other.”

“Sure.” A sudden hug from behind made Seohyun jumped a little. “Frightened? I’m sorry. Hi, I’m Kim Hyo-jung a.k.a Hyolyn. You can call me Lynlyn as everyone does.” Seohyun looked at the girl with a sunshine smile.

“I’m Seohyun. Nice to meet you, Lynlyn.”

Manager Kang came in while they were busy introducing themselves to each other. “Oh right girls, I have a good news for all of you.”

“What good news is that? Don’t we already have enough good news today by having Seohyun joining us?” Hyolyn and Hani asked simultaneously and spontaneously.

Manager Kang put up his famous half-moon smile that showed his clean white teeth. “Well. Now that we have enough members for 2N4, Mr. Song, who wrote most lyrics for BigBang and Shinee had agreed to write songs for you girls! Don’t you girls think this is great?”

“Oh my, Manager Kang, is this true? Are you serious? I’m not dreaming right?” Hani asked curiously.

“Of course, my dear.” Manager Kang tried his best in reassuring that everything was true and would happen.

“Oh, that’s great!” Hyolyn jumped in excitement. Finally, her dream of singing songs of Mr. Song had come true.

 

~ ~ ~

 

“Hey you, come here!” CL called out to Seohyun.

“Yes?” Seohyun walked towards CL.

“Since you’re going to share a room with me, I’ll tell you what are the dos and don’ts when you’re in this room.” CL lay down on her bed before she continued,

“Rule number one, never ever touch my belongings. Those cabinets are mine. The one next to the washroom is yours.

Rule number two, never ever snore when you sleep. I hate to be disturbed. I guess you should know that the only way to stay youthful and beautiful is to get enough sleep.

Rule number three, I prefer to sleep with the light on. By hook or by crook, you must adapt.

Rule number four, you must clean the room every day. I’m allergic to dust.

Rule number five, whenever there’s a call, you must get out from this room. I need privacy and I hope you’ll understand.

And most of all, never ever dare to fight against me!

Are you clear now?”

Seohyun nodded her head. “Yes, I do.”

“Good.”

Seohyun would never protest. She had heard and warned about CL whose real name is Lee Chae-rin’s strange habits from Hani and Hyolyn. So, the best way to protect herself from getting into trouble would be obeying her orders.

Seohyun sighed. She hated to be here. She wanted to go back to her grandma, but could she? If she goes back, she would only be a burden to her grandma. Her once wonderful life had ruined by her parents, the one she loved, adored and admired once upon a time. Now, there was no more love for them but only hatred.