Chapter 02

One Autumn Dream

Once the airplane lands in Tokyo, Japan, Kang Joon gets off the airplane and goes to the luggaging area. Aika was waiting for him on one of the chairs, "Aika-chan..." Kang Joon whispers. He walks over to her and hugs her tightly, "Kang Joon-kun..." Aika replied. 'I wonder when was the last time I spoke Japanese,' he thought, 'omma wouldn't let me speak Japanese in the house just because I look like abeoji.' They both break the hug, "It's been a while since I was in Japan," Kang Joon said, "how's everyone doing, Aika-chan?" "My otou-san isn't well," Aika explains, "he's been sick these last few weeks and months, and I don't have the money to pay for this hospital bills." "If you need help, you can always ask me," he said, "my okaa-san is sick as well, but I still go to school since I have some family that lives nearby." "Should we go?" Aika asks, "Mika is waiting for us." Kang Joon nods at Aika, they both exit the airport to enter the mini van. 'I believe I'll be staying over at Mikasa's house,' Kang Joon thought, 'I don't think Aika is gonna go back home until her abeoji is better.' "Kang Joon-kun, is something wrong?" Mika asked. "Oh, I'm fine," Kang Joon said, "is it okay if I ask this question?" "Go ahead," Mika said. "Whose house am I staying at?" Kang Joon asked. "Well, since Aika is staying over at my place, I think you're staying over as well," Mika explains, "my place has plenty of rooms since I'm just an only child with my grandparents living with my parents." 'Japan is really different from Korea,' Kang Joon thought, 'usually my grandparents stay over for special parties or celebrations, but they don't live with us. But, I wonder how eomma is doing...' By the time they got to Mika's home, Kang Joon made himself comfortable. 'Mika's home looks like mine when I was still in grade school,' Kang Joon thought, 'I hope eomma isn't worried about me since I'm a man already and she treats me like a baby.' 

Kang Joon was looking around the Japanese gardens around Mika's place, some of the plants made him think of his father. "Abeoji," he said quietly, "I'm finally back in Japan, but eomma isn't doing so well..." Kang Joon calls a cab, he goes to a special shrine that was built for his father. 'I'm back, otou-san,' he thought, 'it's been so long since I've been here.' Kang Joon honored his father, after that he left the shrine. "